# of Wizards: 4
# of players: 4
Skill Level: Advanced
Password Protected: No
Rheno’s Mega Pack

Date and Version: 13 January 2009, v.1

This pack contains the following

--The Map Prison Break:
This medium sized map has four wizards and is meant for pbem or online play. It is not possible (yet) to play this map against the computer. Races that can be chosen are Orcs, Dark Elfs, Halflings and Dwarfs. Map has custom made heroes and should provide a lot of fun in my opinion.

--The map Heroes of Heaven games:
In this map you’ll find heroes named after players from the heavengames community. They have almost all custom pictures and/or descriptions. Map can be used by other mapmakers add some extra to their maps. Just copy and paste the heroes you want. If you want to be added to this file, want to adjust your hero or make your own description, just sent me an email or mention so here. I’ll update the map in this case.

--Map also has 113 custom hero portraits and 27 custom Wizard portraits.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
The Groll Hey Rheno!

Very cool map!
Congratulation for this!
I have only watched it in the editor so far for some minutes and signed into a new PBEM game at once.

Looks as "cluttered" as most of my maps but I don´t mean cluttered in a negative way. I like it a lot even when I only took a fast look at it.

The idea to make a map about all the famous gilrs and guys from the HG community is brilliant and I read some of the descriptions.
My own of course too. Thank you for this :-)

I have not checked all heros so far of course but some and they are all cool heros with funny descriptions and most pictures are good even when picture quality could be better. Thumbs up for this lyrics ;-)

Also very nice you released the other map with the heros one a flat terrain.

I will write a true vote when I have played this one. This may take a little time when I play it only in a PBEM game and I hope it will be possible to play it in hotseat too some day.
SP or hotseat are my favorites because I play it at home with my girl and then we need to set the other players as AI players.
I also see there is space for four more wizards on the surface?
It looks like you plan to set them in the corners like you have done it with the first four.
There are also some events but I hav not checked them in detail. So the map looks interesting from this point of view too.
Go on and make an update. If this was your plan from the start you should take time and passion and make it.

When it comes to a PBEM game it will be hard to reach the surface. I have seen "some" very dangerous area guards there that will attack any army from the dungeons. And they will come all together and the player can´t defend in a TC. This will beat even the stronges army - maybe.

I count you as one of the ten best mapmakers since some time and here you show us why. And it seems you have some time to work on such large projects when I remember your other map on my HD ;-). A lot of text indicates this.

[Edited on 01/13/09 @ 01:59 PM]

PawelS I didn't watch the Prison Break map in the editor because I participate in a blind PBEM game on this map (btw The Groll is in that game too, I guess it will be "less blind" for him).

The "Heroes of Heavengames" and their descriptions are very nice and fun, my favorite is Fromage67 :) (btw why did you make it a map instead of a hero library?)
Rattomalato Very cool map! and cool heroes portraits and descriptions!
Rheno
File Author
It has been brought to my attention that some people find their description offensive, saying that this would be a way for me to declare my personal grudges against people.

I want to be very clear when I say that I never intended this with the descriptions. I hardly know most of you here and those I do know, I have found to be very nice people. The descriptions should in no way be read personal and/or offensive. Still, if anyone feels this way, just let me know and I’ll change it. I wanted this to be a tribute to Heavengames, not some sort of an attack.

To those that replied before me I would like to say thank you for your kind words. PawelS, I would have made a library if only I knew how to do that. Is there a simple way?

[Edited on 01/17/09 @ 05:23 AM]

PawelS It's sad that there are people who don't have a sense of humor.

Making a library is easy: in the editor go to the heroes tab, click on the Open Library button, and then on Add Library. The library file (.AHL) will be placed in the User folder. But I have no idea if it's possible to copy heroes from a map to a library, so probably you would have to make them all from scratch. Btw I don't know how to copy heroes from one map to another either.
ibobs Very sad. I am honoured to be included...!
rat_peddler
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
As noted, not really an SP map. However, still is fun to play as an treasure hunt. I played as Drawfs and only the Orcs had an significant expansion.

Balance: 4
Despite lack of SP AI support, the Orcs and strong independent stacks make for some fun battles.

Creativity: 5
The underground is quiet unique and well thought out. Lots of fun toys in the dungeons. Great heroes.

Map Design: 5
The underground is well thought out with some good choke points.

Story/Instructions: 4
Nice background on the custom heroes.

Additional Comments: Luckily I found myself after getting Peace Keeper so I didn't have to commit suicide ;-) Thanks for the custom hero tribute.
Unnapu Curiosity made me download the file to search for my avatar. I only opened the Heaven of Heroes map because I am in a blind PBEM game with the Prison Break scenario.

And there were all of them standing in lines on the plain grass.
The heroes are awesome!
Excellent work with the portraits and descriptions. I am sure the players involved in the current PBEM games will come out with some cool extensions to the descriptions.

Cheers.

Unnapu
Merkraad I myself checked the The heroes of Heavengames map for a long time and read the descriptions. I find them very well written and amusing, so I don't know why anyone would be mad about them! Congrats on the effort :)

By the way I drew my own portrait :)
RogerRabid
(id: Roger the Rampant)
To copy heroes into your own map, this is what you do:

1) Make sure the maps you are copying from and to use the same mod or version of the game (e.g. don't try to copy from a Dwiggs 5.0 map into a Upatch 1.4 map)

2) In the map you are copying from, put heroes into stacks of 8, ready to copy (or it will take forever to copy them all)

3) In the map you are copying from, select a stack of 8 heroes

4) Open the map you are copying to, paste the stack of heroes onto a piece of open land, then press the save button

5) Open the map you are copying from again, and copy the next stack of eight heroes

6) Keep doing that until you run out of heroes!

7) Delete the stacks of heroes from the piece of terrain where you placed them, and they will still be available to use in that map

Heroes created in a map (or copied into a map) can't subsequently be added to a library. If you make a library of heroes available to download at HeavenGames, people will then be able to use heroes from that library in any of their maps.

Thanks Rheno! :)
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7