PBEM/Hotseat?: Yes
Multiplayer Online?: Yes
# of Wizards: 2
# of players: 2
Skill Level: Average
Password Protected: No
Surface Minimap:
Cavern Minimap:
This is an updated version of the map I've submitted for the 1v1 mapmaking contest. Multiplayer is recomended.

Update(2.8)
- Fixed a small bug with the AI support events giving mana each turn to humans.

Update (2.7):
- Made the south area a bit more attractive
- Fixed a small bug
- Changed player colours to red/yellow, as orange and brown were a bit confusing.

Update (2.6):
- More small fixes
- Added AI support
- Added a 3p version (2v1 (AI) possible)

Updates (v2.5):
- Small bug and balance fixes
- Changed starting town and units
- Added more connections between players
- Added custom heroes
- Added custom wizards

High on top of the Spirit Mountain, live the gods, and their servants, the Archons. Below live the Dwarves, Goblins, Halflings and the other lesser beings, still the fact alone you're living below the house of the Spirits, must mean something, or so they hope. Adventurers, mystics and plain old treasure hunters come from everywhere, to seek council of the Spirits, or attempt to steal some treasure. Recently, two new fortune seeking wizards arrived at the base of the mountain in an attempt to claim this pile of rocks for their own. Who'll be the one who can proclaim himself as Towerbat (The-one-who-exists-right-beneath-all-troublemakers) first?
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
lochdos
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
You have to find another guy willing to fight with you.. other then that it's perfect.

Balance: 5
The map is almost a mirror of itself as far as strategic structures and resources are concerned...

Creativity: 4
It's 1 vs 1 on a small map, there's only so much you can do with that that hasn't been thought of...

Map Design: 5
I do however, think this is among the best of one on one small maps...

Story/Instructions: 5
A nice little story that doesn't get in the way of the game, just the way i like it.

Additional Comments: Don't pick undead as your start race.

[Edited on 05/26/09 @ 05:55 PM]

ibobs Hi LD,
We are playing your map and are up to about turn 20 and I am just wondering if it designed to be slow...? All I have done (for lack of resources) is take one village, about two campsites / ruins and a recruitment site. I have one stack now so am progressing, but everything is well defended and you cannot produce anything quickly.

Is this just how the map plays?

BTW I simply love the map design with the Void as the sky..!

Thanks
Ian

[Edited on 06/09/09 @ 11:09 AM]

LordDuck
File Author
@ Lochdos
Thanks for the review! It is indeed better to stay with the race you started with, then picking another. It is possible to play with an good/evil/neutral race though.

@ Ibobs
I didn't design it to play really slow like that. Playing with the draconians, I could conquer the starting area, the goblin area and start with the dwarves in about 10 turns. Did you had an unlucky start? There are good recruits in the sites, and with the gold of the camps or from a quest you should be able to buy some, or build some priests to keep your forces alive. Recruiting units is a bit more important though, especially at the start, then building them. Could you perhaps send me your save so I can take a look at it?

[Edited on 06/10/09 @ 09:59 AM]

ibobs Turn sent. I would love to know what I am doing wrong as it is playing very slowly...
ibobs
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
I was not really happy at the start of the map as it plays painfully slowly and we nearly gave up, but glad we didnt as it plays a lot better later on. Also you tell me that you have made changes to the starting armies too now, so have not rated it down because of this.

Balance: 5
The draconians have a slight advantage as they have a lot more swimming troops so can come down the middle of the map much easier. Probably this and playability should be 4.5 each, so put one at 4 and the other at 5. :)

Creativity: 5
Just for the void sky, I rate this highly!

Map Design: 5
Same again, I just wish I had thought of it! :)

Story/Instructions: 4
Nothing in game, but had to laugh at the intro blurb.

Additional Comments:
Nice map LD!
LordDuck
File Author
Thanks Ibobs, I'm glad you've liked it!
ibobs Just another point to think about, I played the left side and struggled for cash all the way through. It seems the right hand side had thousands of gold to spare at the end... It could have been my bad play of course, but maybe worth looking at for balance purposes.
LordDuck
File Author
I'll take a good look at it, thanks!
sharbu Those thousands of gold didn't help me much in the end though....sazza frazza razza.

I will echo ibobs' comments - very slow start in the original version, but played really well later on. It got very tense with towers being burned, and wizards ending up almost toe to toe.

I won't review it, since ibobs' review is mine as well, but I thought I should post to say thank you.

Thank you!
LordDuck
File Author
Thanks for the comment, it's odd though that you had more gold left while Ibobs had survivalist. Anyway, I tested some more and in my test games (on the new map) the gold difference wasn't that great anymore.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.6
Balance4.4