Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Modpacks » GMMod4AoW2

Download File Post Review Post Comment

GMMod4AoW2

Author File Description
greenmonster This is the all new, second edition of the GreenMonster Mod for AoW2 (GMMod4AoW2).

It adds even MORE units and balance tweaks to my already released and popular version of the mod, and more importantly, has been made to be nearly 100% compatable with AoW2, SM, and my upcoming GMMod4SM mod!

as a bonus, those of you who own Shadow Magic can easily use those new units while playing my mod!

This is no simple, untested mod... it has taken nearly a full year to create and tweak, and has been through extensive bug testing. It also comes with great documentation, and PawelS's great unit gfx recoloring program to help keep the file size 'small'.

So, see what you have been missing, and see what the talk is all about! And if you have played the original release, check out all of the NEWEST units, balance tweaks, and compatability changes to make this THE MOD to download!... especially if you want to get a jump on making maps for my upcoming SM Mod, which promises to add even more wholesome goodness!

-GreenMonster

****now includes documentation, too (in root folder)****
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
kaskoid
Rating
Rating: 5
A very well thought out and balanced mod. It is both a very interesting amalgam of popular fantasy lore and myth,as well as a synthesis of common and popular thoughts and suggestions from the forums.
It should please fantasy RPG'ers and TBSG fans both, as it gives an older game with a loyal following new legs, and reason for old fans to take a second look.

Additional Comments:
greenmonster
File Author
due to a large influx of emails, I'd like to point out that this mod can NOT be used on Shadow Magic! It is an AoW2 ONLY mod!.

it is compatable in reguards to all of the units reserving their original ID#s (except a few elf units, due to the overhaul of that race; even then, the relative strengths are the same); a unicorn will stay a unicorn. It wont turn into a goblin bomber, and it wont look like a dragon, but keep the unicorn's stats and abilities.
dimitris_z
Rating
Rating: 5
An exciting mod, bringing whole new dimensions to the game! I particularly liked the Amazons race and the new units of the other races that can be built!It is like playing a completely different game than Aow2!

Additional Comments:
TIME_TO_DIE This is one of the best mods i've come accross so far. Just one thing: Is there going to be an AOW:SM version of it? If there is, how long will it take before it is made? This current mod is excellent, and I will love to play the AOW:SM version too.. :D
greenmonster
File Author
yes, there will be a SM version, although it wont be out any time soon...

I just bought a house, and am getting married soon, so free time is quite scarce.

if I had to estimate, I'd say January or february.
Melforshar How do you get it to work, and I am on original

PS. Where do I buy Shadow Magic?
THE TOMMYNATOR this sounds really cool but i'm kind of new to this and i don't know how to access the stuff i downloaded :/
am I supposed to open up the mod or add this stuff to aow2?

[Edited on 07/22/10 @ 03:19 PM]

THE TOMMYNATOR i know most people have sm but i don't so can someone please help me here?
drkmgic hi, sorry if this has been asked before but is there a guide to installing this mod. I assumed that i just unzip into my aow2 steam folder and run the app. ty in advance

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:9,422
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:7.54 MB