posted 07-04-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)   
The Ithryn Luin.

Morinehtar and Romestamo.

The Last of the Istari.

Writing team

Eruco Elessar
Boddah
EnemyofJupiter

"...But there were others, two dressed in sea-blue...of the Blue little was known in the west of Middle-earth, and they had no names save Ithryn Luin ‘the Blue Wizards’ for they traveled to the east with Curunír, but they never returned; and whether they remain in the East, pursuing there the purposes for which they were sent; or perished; or as some hold were ensnared by Sauron and became his servants it is not now known. But none of these chances were impossible to be.”

Boddah and myself have decided to write a co-op story and we have chosen to write an account of Alatar and Pallando's efforts in middle earth.

The blue wizards have been the subject of many disscussions and J.R.R Tolkien left us with only hints and suggestions to their fate. Here we will endeavor to give an interesting and realistic account of the roles they played upon middle earth.

Hope you enjoy it!

Any comments please fell free to use the discussion thread
Discussion Thread

Sorrow of Middle Earth

,;.,;.,;.Where is the horse and the rider?,;,;,;,

"If legends are eternal...then I am the father of eternity"

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 09-15-2006 @ 09:00 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-04-06 10:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
PROLOGUE

In the centre of Valinor in the undying lands before the white walls and golden gate of Valimar in Mahanaxar,the ring of doom, where the thrones of the Valar lay set in a great council circle a meeting of great importance takes place, for Sauron the dark lord has forged the one ring and measures must be taken to prevent this great threat. All around the city golden spires, silver domes and white stone mansions dominate the view of immeasurable beauty. Celestial music sings out from the many golden and silver bells and before this great council of the Valar stand three. Alatar and Pallando the Ithryn Luin and Glorfindel of Gondolin.

"And so Glorfindel you will be reincarnated upon middle earth and will aid Elrond Halfelven in the war in Eriador" A mighty voice spoke. "And you Alatar will go to the east far from Numenorean range and will aid the newly rising peoples that wish no longer to serve the dark lord. This task is grave as you will be far from friend and ally. But there you must remain and do whatever possible to disrupt his influence in the east". As the voice spoke to Alatar he graciously bowed. "And you Pallando, why do you stand before us this day?" the great voice asked. Alatar stood forward "my lords if I am to partake in such an endeavour as this it is my wish to take along with me a friend, one whom I can trust and seek council with". Alatar asked. The mighty Valar silently looked at one another atop their golden thrones.

After a few moments the mighty voice spoke again. "Step forward Pallando" the voice asked "is it your wish to serve in such a way and to go with Alatar wherever his path may lead?". Pallando stepped forward alongside Alatar and spoke "it is indeed my wish to travel to middle earth and to help and aid Alatar in whichever way I may" he said. "Then so be it, together you shall travel east and take your places in the ages that are to come to middle earth. From this moment forth let you be known as Morinehtar 'darkness slayer' and Romestamo 'east helper' go now with Glorfindel and may your journeys be filled with success and your troubles be lightened with wisdom" The all powerfull voice filled the room with grace as it spoke the words and with that Morinehtar and Romestamo together with Glorfindel set out for the great journey across the sea and into the east.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

posted 07-05-06 02:06 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
The summer of 1603 saw a bright sun and a clear sky that gave no hint of the coming years of darkness that were creeping upon middle earth. At the docks of the grey havens the faces of two friends of old waited. A tall and gracious ship flowed into the harbour and at last Alatar, Pallando and Glorfindel stood upon middle earth. "Welcome friends!" Elrond said in appreciative joy "a pleasure to be in your company and to return at last to middle earth" Glorfindel said as he shook the hand of Elrond.The second of the welcoming friends stepped forward to greet the blue wizards "Alatar, Pallando how good to see you!" he spoke in glee. Alatar smiled "It is a grand day Olorin to be reunited with you"
"yes indeed this day is one of joy old friend" Pallando added placing his hand on Olorins shoulder. The five departed to a house of stone upon the docks and sat infront of a glowing fire. Food aplenty was brought forth along with golden draught as fresh as the morning mist. "Tell me Olorin what news you have of our friends the brown and the white?" Alatar asked as they began to eat". Olorin lit his long wooden pipe "they are quite fine, not much have I heard of them of late. Upon middle earth they are known as Radagast and Saruman and I am known as Gandalf the grey amongst other things" Alatar and Pallando smiled in understanding "what names now will you be known by?" Gandalf asked with an amused tone "I will be Morinehtar"
"and I will be Romestamo" Pallando followed up "hmmm darkness slayer and east helper very apt for the task for which you have been sent to complete".

After they ate their fill and talked and joked Elrond stood to speak. "Grave troubles arise across our lands and much must be endured to halt HIS growing power" as he spoke Gandalf nodded in agreement. "The tide of power in this land is changing and with each passing sunset The dark lord rallies more to his side".
"In the east there are tribes who have chosen to forsake his call and they will need aid and guidance" Gandalf said as he rocked back and forth pipe in hand. Elrond moved over toward the fire and the blue wizards watched as his face darkened "there are many more tribes of men in the east and south that have not yet chosen their alleigance they must be taught of the evil of Morgoth and Sauron. They must be taught of the better lives they may choose and the freedom they can have" he said gazing into the fire. "You must work to disrupt the forces he gathers in the east and levy support for the cause of the free peoples of middle earth" Gandalf added.

Elrond and glorfindel at the request of Gandalf left the istari alone in the great hall. The blue wizards and the grey sat and spoke in a whispered toungue "there is also a second task for you, one of great importance. You have been sent to find HIM". As the their great friend spoke these words the young wizards thought deep of the peril and risk they were to face. "He was lost, and dwelt in the void deep in the abyss of the shadows, but he has reformed and this very moment he has shape and power again. And you know of this ring of power, this one ring. The ages ahead will see many defeats and hardships but we must fulfil our purpose. My task lies with the aid of men and you my friends your task lies in the east and south. You must find him" Gandalf spoke quietly."When you depart for the east you will be forgotten in the west and no deeds of valour or great victories you have will be known". The Ithryn Luin sat silent and still for a few moments. "Tell us what we must know" Morinehtar said breaking the silence "We must know everything" Romestamo added although the threat was great the youngest of all the istari both had gleams in their eyes at the thought of their deeds to come.

For the rest of the night they gave council and spoke of happenings in the dark reaches of middle earth. The more that Morinehtar and Romestamo discovered, the more they knew that they were to have great responsibility in the coming ages and the challenge ahead lay heavy in their minds. The next morning came swiftly and it was time to head out for the blue wizards. Elrond called for the blue wizards and led them into a stable "for your journey you will require great steeds, the road is long and the hazard is great. But with an animal of grace and loyalty that road may be swifter".

Morinehtar walked around the stables and carefully inspected the horses. Romestamo did not need to browse for a great black stallion snorted and grunted at the end of the stable. Romestamo approached the almost beastly horse and looked deep into its eyes. "This one is 'Kanago' he was once the property of my son. Elohir loved the animal greatly but the stallion was haunted by a vision of darkness. The story I will not tell but Kanago is one that will not be easily tamed". Nevertheless as Elrond spoke Romestamo saw something in the eyes of the large horse, a distant fire burning, that made the wizard long to ride across the open lands atop this noble mighty steed. "I will take the chance, this animal has more to it than you may suspect". Kanago was prepared for rider and travel and as the horse reared and kicked Romestamo would look into its troubled eyes and whisper in a tongue not heard upon middle earth. The horse subbmitted to the wizard and bowed its head. Atop the steed Romestamo felt kingly and his sky blue robes made the jet black coat of the stallion shine. "Kanago my friend you will live long and you will carry me unto the ends of this land. For that you will forever be blessed" as he spoke softly the horse calmed further and he patted the back of its head gently "easy my friend easy".

Back in the stable Morinehtar mused upon which steed he should take. All the horses of the elves were gracious, indeed all horses in middle earth are great. But these horses...so special and grand. Morinehtar stood rubbing his beard watching the animals and wondering.......

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-05-2006 @ 01:08 PM).]

posted 07-06-06 01:43 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Morinehtar stroked his long grey beard as he gazed upon the many steeds. One of the beasts caught his eye, a completely grey horse. Moreinehtar pointed at this beast and Elrond said, "In Elvish this beast is named Beleg Hith, or Mighty Mist."

Morinehtar understood Elvish and surprised Elrond, "Le Edhel Erulissë." The graceful Elf smiled at the Wizard. Morinehtar leapt several feet into the air and perched upon the horse like a bird on a branch. With both Wizards having selected their horses the High Elf Elrond bid them farewell and handed to Romestamo a map of Middle-Earth. Together the Wizards set out East.

Romestamo gazed at the map as the two friends galloped along an old road, "Friend we should travel over the great mountains called Ered Luin." Morinehtar gave no argument as they trotted down the road. The whole region was brand new to the two Wizards, they studied everything like a new born baby does. Taking mental notes about every little thing, they noted how plants grow towards the Sun, how critters seek shelter in trees to escape the predators on the ground, how the horses they rode seemingly had a connection to each other. Nothing escaped the two minds of the Wizards. The air was crisp with clouds overhead, casting a shadow upon the ground. The air was still with no bird or beast flying overhead, it seemed as if all the animals were hiding. At times the beasts even seemed reluctant to go on.

After hours of climbing rocky paths that led to the top of the Blue Mountains they came to a summit. The moment their horse's hooves touched the ground of the summit the clouds cleared. A single beam of light shone down on to the two Wizards. Morinehtar spoke, "Let this day be noted friend! We have been blessed with the Light of the Istari!" The two Wizards held up their staves and accepted the Light.

After a quick meal under the fresh blue sky they set out once more, this time the path was more treacherous. The downgrade was steep but the graceful beasts took it slow and made no mistake in their footing. They reached the level ground safely. A stray wolf came charging at the two Wizards from the distance. The beast reared his snout and showed his sharp teeth, and growled. The beast tried to intimidate the steeds, Romestamo raised his weapon to strike the beast, but Morinehtar stopped him. Morinehtar raised his staff into the air and the Light of the Istari glowed at the tip. In a powerful voice he said, "Disperse!" The wolf let out a whine and tucked his tail between his legs as he trotted off. The Wizards continued along for many miles before a village was insight. Dusk was creeping up on them so they urged their beasts to go faster.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)
2.Last of the Istari(Abandoned)

Proud Recipient of the Tolkien Award
posted 07-06-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
Black was sneaking into the blue sky ahead, night was coming fast and the village they spotted was still some distance ahead. After about an hour's ride the two Wizards reached the small village. Romestamo noticed that the village was filled with what appeared to be children. One of the children with bushy grey hair approached them, "What do ye want and why are ye here?"

Romestamo said, "We want no trouble, we are just passing through and in need for a place to stay. Can you direct us towards your Elders?"

The small child's face went bright red in anger and he shouted, "You fool! I am an Elder!" He scurried over to Romestamo's horse and bit him on the shin.

Romestamo winced and corrected himself, "What is the name for your kind? For you aren't men!"

The child puffed out his chest and said in a noble voice, "We are Hobbits! And of the Hobbits this village is populated by the Harfoots. We are a small kind as you can see, but do not under estimate us."

Morinehtar supressed his laughter and began to survey the area he was in. He saw several of these Hobbits going about their own business, whether it be carrying flour to the baker, or meats to the local butcher. It astonished Morinehtar how these people could function despite their size. He dismounted his horse and stood next to the grey haired Hobbit. The Hobbit came up to his hips, "Fair Hobbit what is your name?"

In that same noble voice the Hobbit replied, "My name is Bantlebur Harfoot and I am the leader of this humble village. I offer you our serivces and you may stay with my family." The Hobbit went on describing his family history and other things that astonished Morinehtar but bored Romestamo. The Hobbit's house was different than anything the Wizards had seen or heard of. It was made out of the ground, the ground had been molded into a hovel. The Hobbit pushed open a wide circular door and stepped into his home, but there was one problem. The Hobbits of the time had houses smaller than anything seen before, the reason for this was they were shorter than most Hobbits. Not noticing the size of the door, Romestamo continued forward. He crouched down as far as he could and stepped through the door. He banged his head on the top of the door fixture, but he made it in.Once in however he could not stand up, he was forced to huddle in an upright fetal position.

The crouched Wizard said, "Thank you for this kind offer Hobbit, but this will not work. We can make our own camp." The Hobbits got a good laugh at Romestamo when he tried to squeeze through the door, after a few tries he popped through.

The sky was now completely black and the Hobbits were retiring. Bantlebur said his farewells, "Well it is strange to see a Big Person around here, but nonetheless we welcome you to our homes. The Hobbit handed them both two flasks of a liquid, "This will keep you warm. Do not drink too much of it or it will burn you up." He chuckled and waddled off to his home.

The Wizards were already getting cold from the night as they huddled beneath their blankets they had placed on the ground. Morinehtar was the first to test the liquid, he took one sip and his throat was instantly warmed. The heat worked it's way from his throat down to his stomach and then radiated to every other place on his body.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-11-06 08:57 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
A great bright morning rose to greet the singing birds and the green tree tops. Romestamo awoke to the sound of laughter, and sitting up he saw hobbit children staring at him laughing and pointing. One of the hobbit children had his hat and held it over his head almost covering himself completly. "Give that back you little trouble makers or ill turn you into spiders!" The wizard said half angry and half restrained. "Let them have there fun Romestamo!" Morinehtar laughed from beside him. The two wizards stood and looked about the village. All manner of business was going along with the fresh morning. Two hobbits approached with a straw basket "g'mornin noble big people! we've brunged a morning feast for ye!" one of them said gleefully "yes, yes lovely fishes for ye" the second hobbit spoke. These two looked different from the Harfoot hobbits and Morinehtar sensed something from the pair. Almost a hidden future destiny.
"There is no need thankyou now run along!" Romestamo said grumpily. "Now now my friend, we must accept their hospitality and friendship for it is a long road we take and the end will bare no such politeness" Morinehtar said smiling to a frowning Romestamo.
The two strange hobbit folk awaited the wizards and smiled eagerly. Morinehtar took the basket and bowed down "thankyou my friend this will make for a hearty breakfast" he said. Romestamo blew from his mouth and beside them the fire of the past evening relighted and flamed warmly. He then took the basket from Morinehtar and grumpily began to prepare the fish. The two hobbits looked in awe at the magic of the fire. "Dont mind him he is a little grumpy in the morn" Morinehtar laughed "tell me master hobbits what are your names?".
The two hobbits beamed with big smiles at the blue wizards interest. "My name is Deagol!" the first hobbit announced
"and my name is smeagol!" the second one followed up.

"Well, well! Smeagol and Deagol. How very nice to meet you" Morinehtar replied "hmm a joy indeed" Romestamo whispered under his breath. "Tell me, you two are not harfoots are you not?" he asked standing back to his full height. "No no, we is river folkses from yonder south" Smeagol said proudly "yes we is from further down the river, we comes here time to time for a walk and a bit of fishes in the streams up yonder" Deagol replied. "Well I, we are very pleased to meet you. Come now sit and share breakfast and tell us of your river folk" Morinehtar said much to the joy of the two river hobbits. Romestamo rolled his eyes in disagreement but then smiled half pleasently at the two little people."We shall enjoy this feast of fish together this good morning" Morinehtar said placing his hands on the shoulders of the two hobbits."Ma vanima arinya?" Romestamo huffed. "What did he says?" Smeagol asked "never mind him lets eat" Morinehtar replied. "nilme ná úye avaquéta" He said to Romestamo quietly. "Friendship may not be forbiden indeed my good companion but it is forbidden síra nin. Ni avá mére nilme as nessima tarsa" Romestamo said in a fast tone. "Youthful they may be, but trouble im sure they are not. And friendship is what you shall recieve and give nevertheless on this fine morning" Morinehtar spoke to his friend. Romestamo sighed and nodded. "Forgive me master hobbits, my manners have not yet awoken this morning! Please come sit with us and eat breakfast. After all you did catch these fish didnt you!"

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-11-2006 @ 09:42 AM).]

posted 07-14-06 03:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
The two Hobbits had created a fire and were skinning the fish in preperation for cooking. Morinehtar studied the two Halflings as they buzzed about, he noticed their posture and the way they regarded things. They seemed to be happy no matter what. Morinehtar said to his counterpart while the two Hobbits were busy, "I feel something deeply wrong with them."

Romestamo replied, "Yes but what? I can faintly feel it to, like they are doomed." Morinehtar did not reply for he saw the Hobbits were having trouble keeping the fire lit. Morinehtar rose and beckoned them aside.

The Wizard stood tall and pointed his finger at the dying embers in the fire he snapped, "Aina calim!". A bright light shot at the embers and erupted them into a great brilliant fire, this act however attracted the attention of nearly every Hobbit in the community. Morinehtar smiled as the water boiled strongly.

After finishing the breakfast the Wizards stood and stretched their innate muscles.After the Wizards had packed and gathered their belongings Bantlebur reappeared with a basket. He handed the basket to Morinehtar and said, "We cannot offer you much, but here take these provisions. If you don't mind me asking sires, where are you headed?"

Morinehtar took the basket and said, "East."

The confused Hobbit replied, "Well, uh, East is that way," pointing to the left, "the best way to tell which way you are going is to judge by the Brandywine River it runs from the North to the South, mostly. Near the end it curves West, but it is a good general way to get your heading."

The Wizards mounted their horses and Romestamo surprisingly said, "Thank you, Master Harfoot, for your hospitality. May your future avoid poverty and pain." The Hobbit bowed as low as he could and the Wizards set off. They followed a dirt road to the East for the most part but then it ended and the ground became riddled with rocks. Romestamo said, "We must be approaching the banks of the Brandywine." Morinehtar noticed the ground was getting softer the further East they went. After a good period of riding they could see the blue current in the distance. The river seemed to jut towards the Wizards, then jut East, then curve away to the West to join the Sea.

Romestamo dismounted his steed and walked to the river, he shouted back to Morinehtar, "Let me see how deep it is." He took a few steps into the water and it only submerged him up to the middle of his shin. He tapped along with his staff to avoid dropoffs and the river never did go past his hips. Romestamo came back dripping, "Seems more like a creek to me." The two Wizards crossed the Brandywine.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-18-06 01:43 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Many moons came and faded, many months came and went then the Blue Wizards reached the East. The two Wizards sat down as their horses pattered around on the soft wet rocky ground of the lakeshore. Morinehtar said, "This, according to the map, is the Sea of Rhûn. This is the farthest East thing that is marked upon this map, so friend this is where the real journey begins.

They slept long and easy that last night in the known world, it wold be the last good nights sleep for awhile.

Romestamo wiped his eyes and said, "Get up Morinehtar." Morinehtar did not answer so Romestamo nudged him with his boot. The sleeping Wizard just rolled over ignoring the kick. Finally Romestamo stood up and kick Morinehtar as hard as he could on his bottom. Morinehtar woke up finally and stretched.

They conjured up a breakfast, using up the last of the supplies the Halflings had gave them. Morinehtar swallowed down a piece of meat that had herbs planted inside it. He said, "Those Hobbits can cook. I would like to visit them again. Maybe there are some in the East?" Romestamo merely shrugged and continued his breakfast.

The Wizards mounted their steeds and shot into the horizon with fantastic speed. After merely four hours of riding they slipped off the map and plunged into a new unkown world.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-18-06 01:49 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
The Blue wizards rode on into a dark and dusty desolate land.
Their steeds Kanago and Beleg Hith, slowed as they grew tired and hot.

"This world is dead!" Romestamo said negatively

"I have not seen sight or sound of another living creature for sometime. And the last green grass or strong tree lays forever behind" he continued.

"I fear the horizon holds worse evil than this baron landscape" Morinehtar answered, feeling almost as dejected as his ally. As Morinehtar spoke, the two istari halted their steeds and waited in silence.

As far as the eye could see all they could see were heat waves and dark dry crimson red dirt. Scattered around were different sized outcrops of rock, lying far apart, lone landmarks of unwelcoming sharp beacons. Some of the larger rocks drew the wizards attention. A sound seemed to slowly rise from them.

"What do you hear?" Morinehtar asked and Romestamo looked at him hesitantly and spoke "drums".

As they waited the drums began to increase in volume and the thuds echoed around the empty wasteland. Suddenly a cry shot out and several men emerged from the nearest large rock chanting and waving long spears toward the two wizards.

"Well well, we have ourselves some company at last" Morinehtar said undetered by the threatening behaviour of the men. Several more of these men came from the rock, obviously an entrance to a cave of sorts. The wizards began to slowly move forward.

A large man with a very mighty looking spear stepped forward and shouted something that was both confrontational and aggresive. The men were dark skinned and wore little clothing, they each had a unique gold armoured chest plate and gold boots. There lower halfs bore feathered breeches and their hair was long and black.

"We are friends we seek only to travel through these lands and to meet with its inhabitants" Romestamo called out.
The large man, evidently a leader of sorts, babbled in a tonque unknown to the two blue wizards and continued to wave his long spiked spear at them.

Romestamo looked at Morinehtar and shrugged
"let me try" Morinehtar answered.
"Púrea randa sinasse, quélala ména sinasse. Telin thaed"
but still the men shouted angrily and waved their spears as if eager to fight. "Perhaps I shall repeat those words in the westron tongue" Romestamo said and then he held his arms aloft and called out...

"In this discoloured age in this failing region we have come to help!" The wizard amplified his voice and called out the words majestically but still the warriors refused to back down. Once more Romestamo shrugged toward his ally.

Morinehtar stroked his beard and then finaly looked up at the men as if coming to a decision. He lifted his staff and chanted in a low voice a few quiet words. Suddenly the words of the strange men became clear and amidst the shouts and cries they could here the words of the leader.

"Servants of evil run away on your beasts and dont return or the Hawkdrim will gift you death!"

The two wizards smiled upon hearing the words. The spell worked both ways for when they would speak the Hawkdrim warriors would also understand.

"We are not servants of the enemy. We come from the west and we bring hope and might into the east! Behold I am Morinehtar the darkness slayer and I come now to aid you in your troubled days!" The wizard gave the fine speech and looked as the leader stood back weighing up the situation and called to his commrades to cease there calls.

Romestamo at that moment deeply regreted his own name for how could he announce himself as merely
"east helper". Not hardly as grand and mighty as "darkness slayer". He pitched up his voice and spoke
"My name is Romestamo and with Morinehtar I travel and seek to guide and to aid such men as you in the coming darkness" his voice trailed off a little "behold I am east helper" at that last part he wished once more for a more powerful sounding name.

The leader of the Hawkdrim quickly huddled with his men and held a rapid council. The two wizards glanced at each other with wise eyes as they awaited the outcome. Finaly the leader stepped forward and lowered his spear.
"I be King of Hawkdrim my name is Armanhad. Welcome you we do into our kingdom. Come and Armanhad show you great kingdom of Hawkdrimad!" The man announced.

The two wizards shot quick looks at each other as if to say "what kingdom? Where?" Morinehtar dismounted and bowed before Armanhad. Beside him Romestamo followed suit.

"Hail King Armahad! Ruler of the Hawkdrim! Lord of Hawkrimad!" Morinhtar said respectfully. The words pleased the King imensely and he laughed and called out to his men.
"Prepare a feast for our gods of the west!"

The blue wizards almost laughed at that last comment by the king but said nothing, happy at this time to be accepted by the Hawkdrim. The king began to lead them into the cave within the rock. A long tunnel loomed into the deep and torches were lit and hung from the sides of the carved tunnel. The horses were led into a side cave filled with straw and other horses and the men and the wizards decended into the great underground hidden kingdom.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

posted 07-19-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
The flooring in the underground kingdom was made of stone, but it was smooth and cold. The Wizards ran their fingers along the sides of the walls as if listening to a story they told. Morinehtar had picked up on a few words just by listening to the conversations of the Hawkdrim. He said, "Luks aari mestroper."

Romestamo gazed at Morinehtar in amazement, even the tribesmen were shocked. Armahad chuckled, "Nurtz glab!" Several words were shot back as they walked along the torch lit corridor.

The host led them to a grand cavern below the surface of the earth, it appeared as a great feast hall. Rows and rows of tables were erected with food upon them. Romestamo asked Morinehtar, "Surely they did not know we were coming?"

Morinehtar whispered, "I know not. Let me ask." He turned to Armahad and said, "Wurst u aak xere go?"

The King said proudly, "Hef zulat multien."

Morinehtar lost his breath as he realized the people were not as stupid or primitive as they seemed. They knew they were coming. Romestamo had also picked up a few words, "Jur gut hef fher jub?"

Armahad said, "Curt clarae."
------------------------------------------------------------

Translations:
"Luks aari mestroper."
=We pose peace
"Nurtz glab!"= It speaks!
"Wurst u aak xere go?"= What is the feast for?
"Hef zulat multien"= You noble Wizard.
"Jur gut hef fher jub?"=How did you know about us?
"Curt Clarae"=Our oracle.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-22-06 03:18 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
The Wizards put the spell up so they could understand each other so they could express their words with ease. Morinehtar asked, "What oracle? Can we meet him?"

Armahad corrected, "She is in her home, away from the city. After the feast I might be able to arrange a meeting for you."

Morinehtar bowed, "Thank you kind King." Armahad shuffled them to a table at the front of the giant chasm.

Armahad slammed a metal rod into a bell, the bell resonated throughout the hall. He cleared his throat, "We all have gathered here for one reason friends. We are here to celebrate our Gods!"

He continued a long elaborate speech, but Morinehtar ignored it as he whispered to Romestamo, "Gods? When did we become Gods?"

Romestamo chuckled, "Who cares. Gods can get anything they want, right?"

Morinehtar chastised him, "Do not think like that. Those thoughts lead to destruction. We are not here to grab power, we are here to help these people."

Romestamo countered, "We can help these people friend. We can guide them as their Kings."

Morinehtar stood firm, "We were not sent here to rule these people-"

He was cut off by Armahad, "And now cheer for our Gods!" The whole chasm erupted with claps and cries of joy. The two Wizards stood up to accept the cheer, Romestamo however sucked all this up, it fed his thirst for power.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-22-06 06:06 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
Romestamo felt alive and felt an urge to have this feeling grow. A hidden smile was growing and growing inside.The subjects of Hawdrimad were gathered in numbers to welcome the wizards and musical drums began to play a fast and bass filled booming tune. Female dancers began to dance in co ordinated dance routines upon a stone stage in the centre of the hall and the two wizards were sat either side of the kings throne.

"At last a race of people with some kind of decent hospitality to give out, hobbits are very generous but their ways and their abilty to offer kingly gifts was lacking somewhat"

Romestamo said the words as if in glee as a scantily clad hawkdrim maid poured wine into a golden goblet for him.

King Armahad left the hall for a moment.

Morinehtar looked on with concerned eyes at Romestamo.

"Do not get too comfortable my friend, I sense this welcome may be a prelude to a worse situation"

"Ah we have nothing to fear! We are istari and we can not be bested by the forces the dark lord will send forth"

As Romestamo continued his rather growing confident mood Morinehtar began to gain an increasing worry about his ally.

But for now perhaps it was only the long journey and at last finding friendly faces that made the wizard seem so hungry for glory and power. Yes that is all it is.
Morinehtar thought to himself.

The King came forth and sat on his high golden throne and all the music and the dancing stopped. All the people were silent waiting for him to speak. The King had now donned a large golden cape made of large golden feathers and had a grand crown upon his head. The crown was, like almost all of the hawkdrim clothing, gold and was shaped as the head of a hawk. The King stood and motioned to the two blue wizards to stand.

All of the people bowed low and then from the back of the great hall in walked slowly a gloriously beautiful women glad in a long golden dress. Either side of her walked three more women, these six women were also clad in gold robes but were less grand.

The king bowed to the women and the wizards hesitantly copied, feeling it neccesary to also show respect to this mysterious women.

The king motioned her to come forth and she glided over seemingly floating though a spell of enchanting beauty. The six maidens held the long tail of her fine golden dress and she stood before the king and the wizards. Romestamo was captivated by her beauty.

The king turned to Morinehtar
"This is our oracle!" he announced proudly
"her name is Levoria and she is the mother of our people!"

The wise wizard looked upon the women and saw now as she stepped close that she was indeed, or seemed perhaps to be, an elven maid. Beside the king Romestamo gazed into the eyes of the women with almost a vacant look upon his face.

"My lords long have I forseen your arrival. Long has the gift of your prescense been promised. Today that promise is fulfilled and we will now be able to take the fight to the ones who hold darkness"

Her voice sang out in a low and pure tone. Every syllable was a joy to hear and every breath between words was as sweet as a summer breeze.

"What is it you speak of? These ones who hold darkness?"

Morinehtar asked and he was met by her eyes instantly.

"Those who hold darkness come from the land of the red fire mountain. They say the mountain breaths fire across the land and one day a giant god of the deep black darkness will rise upon this world and crush all who do not join him.
Once we served these people of darkness and many of our allies still fight and die for the ones of darkness"

Her voice trailed to sadness as she mentioned allies. Morinehtar felt the pressure of the building wars and felt sad that the power of mordor had already began to spread around the east. Romestamo stepped down from beside the king and stood before the fair Levoria.

"My lady we have come to end that darkness. We will guide your people and others that may so wish to have our power as a weapon. And we will bring total victory"

Romestamo announced the words in a loud commanding voice and the people of Hawkdrimad began to cheer. Morinehtar's face curled up in a look of foul disagreement and immediatly took action. The wizard entered the mind of his ally.

"What are you thinking? What are you saying? That is not our given cause to fight! We are to roam these lands and are to encourage rebelion and dissent toward the enemy! Not to lead the people in open war! Have you gone mad you are blinded by this creatures beauty!"

Romestamo looked up and smiled at Morinehtar as the words entered his mind and then he sent his own thoughts to his friend.

"Relax my friend I am merely giving their morale a boost, it is irrelivent how we complete our mission as long as we do what is asked"

Morinehtar glared back at Romestamo and sent back once agin his thoughts.

"Either way I. I ask only more caution and better judgement for the words and actions you choose. These people we have have to fight for but do not be too eager to reveal your power. We must wait and we must build up or campaign. Our presence must go unnoticed by the enemy for aslong as possible"

"I agree my friend and I apologise for my rash words"

As the two wizards had had the fast thought conversation, the oracle Levoria had taken a seat the king and her maidens had retired away to the rear of the hall.

Morinehtar looked out at all the expectant people

"Of course my friends, we must bide our time. We cannot be too swift to fight. We must first prepare and we have to teach so much. But a day will come when we will be able to stand against the forces of darkness"

Less cheers met Morinehtars speech but the importance of his words was great and wise.

"Let us not talk of such things for tonight we feast and dance!" The king bellowed and once again the drums blasted out and the dancing resumed.
A feast of bountiful flavour was laid out before them and all was joyous and the atmosphere was of hope and new friendships.

Morinehtar glanced over to Romestamo and the pair raised their goblets to one another and shared a smile. Morinehtar felt the unease of Romestamos behaviour knock slowly on his minds window.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 07-22-2006 @ 10:51 AM).]

posted 07-26-06 03:47 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
Morinehtar left the feast early and wandered to the surface of the kingdom, back to the hard ground. He took a long deep breath, the fresh air was nice. He began to think about things and tried peering into the future. Thirty or so minutes into this he heard a skitter across the dusty ground. He stood erect, "Show yourself!" His commanding voice was not answered. He tried again in a more menacing voice, "Reveal yourself!" Again nobody answered so he shot off a flare of white light into the black sky. For a fraction of a second he saw several black shadows moving about. He then heard snorts and sharp grunts.

One of the creatures came into Morinehtar's vision and he instantly recognized it as a Goblin. It was not an Orc so he must have been scouting. The Wizard commanded, "Where are you from?" The Goblin hissed at the Wizard. Morinehtar casted the Spell of Tongues to allow communication, "Who are you fiend?"

The light voice screeched, "I am Nurgz from the shadow. I was sent by the Shadow Lord. Hissssss."

Morinehtar said, "Why are you here?" As he asked the Goblin and several others began encircling him. He instantly knew that violence was inevitable. He raised his staff into the air and began spinning it around. Eventually a gust of wind erupted from the tip of his staff, but since he was circling his staff it knocked everything back within a medium radius. This angered the Goblins so they drew their swords and charged. Morinehtar slammed his staff into the skull of one of the Goblins and blasted one back with a blast from his staff.

He called out to Romestamo telepathically, "Help me... Surface...Many Goblins...Too many."

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 07-26-06 06:50 PM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Romestamo sat with a full tankard of fine liquor and a pipe of fine weed. The scene of merriment and worship toward the wizards was making Romestamo the east helper feel like a god. He let out a long sigh and thought of how he would impress the subjects with some magic later on in the evening.

A sudden voice entered his head and he sat up upon hearing the words of Morinehtar. "Goblins" Romestamo whispered.

"Whats that?" the king said next to him

"Nothing important, I must leave for a moment. My friend is in need of my assistance" the wizard announced.

The king nodded and Romestamo stood and slowly walked out of the grand underground hall. He lightly tossed his staff in the air and twirled it in his hands as he entered the tunnel that led to the surface.

"Can he not deal with a bunch of pesky goblins with his own power" Romestamo muttered under his breath.

As the wizard reached the surface the sound of fighting filled the night air. Wind was howling fiercly and sand and dust was blowing into the cave entrance.

The sight upon reaching the suface made Romestamo snap back to his full attention. Scores of goblins were surrounding Morinehtar and seemed to be endlessly pouring against him.

Romestamo leaped forward feeling foolish for delaying and unleashed a mighty blast of ice cold mist from his staff.
The goblins were blasted back and the closerof them were froze instantly.

Morinehtar stepped back out of breath to gain a quick rest and Romestamo lunged in spinning his staff wildly. The goblins however regrouped fast and seemed to be pushed on by some unseen force.

Morinehtar rejoined the fray and the two wizards fought on
"Perhaps we should have called out the Hawkdrim to aid us"
Romestamo shouted. Morinehtar let out an agreeing grunt as he blasted back several goblins with a ray of light from his staff.

After a few moments, now fighting two wizards as apposed to one, the goblins began to withdraw. The last of them scurried away and the two istari sat heavily upon the red dirt.

"Well my friend, perhaps the dark forces have already learned of our arrival" Morinhtar said between heavy breaths.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

posted 07-28-06 05:59 PM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
The two Istari walked back under the red soil back to the feast. Morinehtar felt the rift growing between him and Romestamo. Before they got to the feast Morinehtar stopped Romestamo, "What is the matter friend? Why do you resent me?"

Romestamo said, "I do not resent you."

Morinehtar scoffed, "Don't lie friend, I can sense it."

Romestamo ignored him and stomped off to the party.

Morinehtar thought, 'Those Goblins must have a foothold somewhere around here because they don't travel that far from their homes.. When the day comes we must find it and eradicate them..'

And so Morinehtar went to the party and enjoyed himself.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 07-28-2006 @ 06:00 PM).]

posted 08-10-06 01:08 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
NEXT PART COMING REAL SOON

Sorrow of Middle Earth

posted 08-15-06 11:31 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
The days passed without further attack and the blue wizards taught many things to the citizens of Hawkdrimad.
The istari were now very fond of the hawkdrim and their culture and enjoyed very much giving lessons in the west and in the past ages.

Every now and then a new goblin attack would come but everytime they were beaten back.

The ever growing threat in the lands of darkness, Mordor, was slowly causing concern to the wizards and they knew that soon they would have to continue their journey.
Romestamo had become very friendly with the oracle of the Hawkdrim, Levoria. They often talked all night and spent vast ammounts of time together.
Morinehtar had became close with the king, Armahad, and they were very good friends.

One day, after a year in the land of Hawkdrimad, Morinhtar came to Romestamo in his chamber.

"Greetings friend" Morinehtar said as he entered the chamber. Romestamo stood and smiled
"hello friend, what have you to say this morning?
Morinhtar glanced around the room and noticed many Hawkdrim books and scrolls laying around
"I see your quest for knowledge is healthy" Morinhtar exclaimed as he flicked through the pages of a nearby book.

"Yes well, our friends here have an interesting past, from what they record anyway. I find their history amusing somewhat, they are peasants, no more and if it were not for Levoria they would be languishing in squaller"
Romestamo spoke.
Morinhtar glanced up at Romestamo upon hearing Levorias name "you two are thick as thieves, any would think you plot your own path together, with no concern for that of the people" Morinhtar said "but I know different" he hurridly added to avoid causing offense. Romestamo laughed and shrugged off the remark.

"So what is it you seek this morning?" he asked.
Morinehtar walked right up to the other wizard and looked into his eyes. Romestamo nodded slowly realising what Morinehtar had planned.
"So it is time?" he asked and Morinhtar nodded this time in response.
"We have a path to walk and we cannot stay here forever, we will return when the time is right but we must move on"

Romestamo accepted Morinhtars words and together they began to prepare to leave Hawkdrimad.

A few weeks passed and then when the day of their departure arrived the King Armahad held a grand feast. Much like the one held for their arrival. The next morning
Romestamo and Morinhtar found themselves once again on the road to unknown lands. The land surrounding Hawkdrimad was familiar now but they had explored very little of the surfacr and had spent most time inthe vast underground region of the hawdrim.

After a days ride they were once again upon a road that they had never travelled. The lay of the land was much the same but the weather grew hotter stil and great mountains lurked on the distant horizon. After a week they reached a great flowing river. On the far side there was green pastures and large bright tress with many coloured leaves and flowers. There was little sign of life and the wizards resolved to head south along the banks.

Hawkdrim history told of a great people from many moons ago and their kingdom lay on the great river, somewhere south of the mountain range known as the mountains of hope. Their city was known as Hurroon and the people were known as The Hurronians. History told of a great war between the Harad army and the Hurronian army. No records where kept of the times that followed but one scroll told of a Hurronian prince ,who had refused to accept defeat, that cursed the river and cast his people into eternal exile from the outside world. That is where the wizards headed. The sun of the east was red and high as the late summer nights drifted slowly into darkness and many days they followed the river.

No site or sound of bird or beast did they see upon the rocky road but the further south they headed the more they felt that the jungle like terrain on the other side of the river had eyes. It felt as though a thousand eyes watched their every move and neither wizard could trace the mysterious feeling.

"I think this is a good place for a camp" Morinhtar said as they entered a shallow valley that was shaded from the sun by the large trees. The grass was as soft there as the grass on the other side of the river looked.

Romestamo dismounted without answering and began to look around the small area. Morinhtar looked to the top of the small rise in the land in the direction of the river, he could hear the water rushing but they were too low to see it. "Yes this will do" he said half to himself.

As the sun set, they sat comfortably around a small fire and took in the calm night breeze and the fresh scents of the jungle across the water.

Morinhtar looked at the face of his friend and asked a question he knew both had had on their mind for days

"So Morinehtar, do you think we will find this city? What of the prince? I wonder what truth their legend holds and what peril we go now into"

Morinehtar looked to the starlit sky at the strange constellations and then back at Romestamo.

"We will see...for in the morning we ride to the last known destination of the city of Hurroon"

Sorrow of Middle Earth

posted 08-16-06 11:00 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Morinehtar stretched his lethargic limbs and shook Romestamo to wake him. They put together a meager meal with what limited supplies they had. As he crunched on the hard bread Morinehtar began to worry about the Hurronians. He started to wonder how the wizards would be seen and if they would even allow the two into their city. After a quick meal the two Wizards mounted their steeds and proceeded to the banks of the rushing river that seperated the lush green jungle and the barren desert.

Romestamo dismounted and ignored Morinehtar's warning that the water could be enchanted, and stepped into the water. He said, "Ohh it is cold. Feels good, come Morinehtar it is safe." The two friends stopped and dunked their hats into the cold water to keep their heads cool as they crossed into the jungle. After a few hours of riding Romestamo wheezed, "I need to stop Morinehtar.. The humidity is killing me."

Morinehtar agreed for his face would not allow sweat to drop, instead it was held to his face by the humidity. He panted, "We need some water, should have filled our water skins at the river."

Romestamo said, "Yeah, well with all this lush flora there is bound to be some water around here somewhere." With that said the two sat down and recollected their composure. After a good ten minutes of silence the two were ready to set off again. As they went deeper into the forest Morinehtar noticed things, like animals would gaze at them and then scurry off, as if they were being tracked. The monkeys could be heard overhead swinging through the trees and surfing through the leaves. Romestamo even took note, "The animals watch us with a strange eye," but Morinethar did not respond, he was too busy taking everything in and sorting it through his mind.

After another few hours of riding they heard the comforting sound of rushing water. Morinehtar let his beast use his instincts and led the way to the water. They were led to a large river that flowed rapidly through the middle of the jungle. The two exhausted wizards stopped and began to wet their faces to save themselves from dehydration. However Morinehtar made the mistake of drinking too much water too fast. His stomach was shrunken due to the hot heat, and he overfilled it with water. His stomach refused the water and spat it back out. After he was through vomitting he filled his water skins with fresh cold water.

Romestamo was standing in hip deep water when a large rumbling noise was heard. The wizards averted their attention to it and then noticed a rapid increase in the speed of the water. Romestamo was swept off his feet and Morinehtar dived in after him. Together they zoomed down stream into an uncertain area.

The water then slowed down suddenly, allowing the wizards to stand. They both stood, but Morinehtar slipped on a rock and fell back down and pulled Romestamo with him. This mishap pushed them further down stream and over the edge.

It happened too fast to describe, Morinehtar slipped on the rock and fell, but he never hit the bottom of the river bed. Instead he fell for about a whole minute in mid air, they had slid off a water fall.

Romestamo bobbed his head up gasping for air. He spat, "Good going Morinehtar! You lost our mounts!"

Morinehtar retorted, "I lost them? You were the one who got swept away in the first place fool!" Romestamo stood corrected and silent. Then Morinehtar looked around and saw they were in the middle of a giant city. The river fell into a deep valley and split a city in two. On both sides of the river buildings were visible, they looked as if they were carved out of the cliff faces. Then what Morinehtar saw was the palace. It was a large brilliant pyramid that extended from one side of the river to the other, making a bridge. The river flowed right through it, for there was as canal carved for it.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 08-18-2006 @ 11:58 PM).]

posted 08-19-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
Morinehtar's breath left him as he examined his surroundings, then the critical question came to him, "Will they accept us?"

Romestamo shrugged and replied, "I don't...know."

Morinehtar jested, "Go ahead Romestamo, go knock on their door and see if they give you a feast like your last friends!" Romestamo knew he was scolding him in a playful way for befriending their last hosts. Morinehtar finally got serious, "Let's go." The two Wizards walked on to the banks of the calm river and walked towards civilization.

Within ten steps from the river they Wizards were surrounded by the natives of this city. Their skin was tanned red and they had thick dark hair. They had distinct noses and were all lean and fit. What was interesting was each warrior had a different attire, they all wore animal skins for loincloths and had piercings and tribal markings all over their body.

One of them had a large bone that pierced his nose like a bull. He spoke, "Icka butrastia lookie layros!" The funny sounding language tickled Morinehtar and he chuckled a bit. The native did not like this, so he snapped, "Icksnat booral!"

Morinehtar conjured the spell of tongues and the Wizard and the native could speak. Morinehtar soothed, "Do not worry friend, we are not here for pain nor war. May we ask what city this is?"

The head of the pack said, "This is Hurroon the city of the great Hurronians!"

Morinehtar relayed the info to his partner and went back to the native, "May we speak to your leader?"

The boss replied, "Of course..." He left the conversation and shouted to his comrades and the two Wizards were bound together with a rough rope.

The boss came back to the wizard as he was being carried away, "You will see our leader all right!"

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

posted 08-30-06 01:14 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
oops, wrong thread

[This message has been edited by Aranel (edited 08-30-2006 @ 01:19 AM).]

posted 12-10-06 09:00 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
This story is currently on a break hopefully we will continue on the future

Sorrow of Middle Earth

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Fan Fiction and Art » ~*~ The Last of the Istari ~*~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: