Please login or register

Replays
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dwarves vs men
posted 07-06-07 10:01 AM EDT (US)   
Here is another replay, since you would be intrested...
http://bfme2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=445
I thought I did ok...

Retired GameReplays.org Senior Replay Reviewer
World Class Drum Corps International Mellophonist 2009
Proud Winner of "Best Newbie Award" BFME2H, a long time ago

[This message has been edited by Sir Snoopy (edited 07-06-2007 @ 10:01 AM).]

Replies:
posted 07-08-07 12:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
1 v 1 on Withered Heath
SirSnoopy001 (Dwarves) vs. Yulio (MOTW)

SirSnoopy001 (Dwarves)

Build Order: Mine >>> Archery Range >>> Mine >>> Axe Throwers

Pros

[+] It seemed like your economy was very strong to begin with. You never ran out of money, giving you a continual stream of units to harass him.
[+] Killed his builder! Nice job!
[+] Good job being aware that he wasn’t building pikemen and countering it by your battlewagon.
[+]

Averages

[=] You used stances, but then forgot to later on.
[=] Relocation could have been an option, but that’s difficult.
[=] So-so location of the Range. Behind the fortress is the way to go, IMO.
[=] Good use of Rallying Call.

Cons

[-] When performing a rush, it’s normally better to ignore the enemy units and go straight for his buildings, economy first. They’ll continue to attack you, but you have new throwers coming in all the time, so it wouldn’t have been a problem.
[-] Your offence fell down, due to Rangers and two Heroes. That’s hard to counter, but if that happens again, try and get him off balance by destroying his archery range or barracks. If you can do that you can get back, but that’s a tough situation.
[-] Why did you lose? You stopped attacking the buildings and started attacking his powerful units.

Overall score: 3.5

An excellent rush that just needs a little more offense. You had the upper hand at first, then for some reason fell apart. You’re almost there, and I can see you improving. Thing to work on: Moving into the late game strategies (upgrades, heroes, siege).

Yulio (MOTW)

Build Order: Farm >>> Farm >>> Barracks >>> Soldiers

Pros

[+] Good quick Faramir that you leveled up very quickly.
[+] At the end you had an overwhelming amount of units with two powerful heroes leveled up. I’m still not sure how you got them, though.
[+] A pretty good location for your Archery Range, which was made even better by the Fortress expansion to guard it.

Averages

[=] Spearmen were unnecessary.
[=] You really had no rush or forward anything; you won by superior troops in the end.

Cons

[-] No stances.
[-] I’ve an idea, let’s stop and destroy this lair on our way to destroy our enemy! Wrong!
[-] Really bad location of your barracks.

Overall score: 3

Meh, you played a good win, but it was really boring to watch you play. You spammed Soldiers until you changed to spam Rangers. Some cavalry would have defeated his only unit, Axe Throwers even more quickly.

Overall Game Score:3

An interesting (relatively quick, too) game with a nice Axe Thrower rush, but nothing no one has seen before. if you have the time.

This was quite a hard game to review.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
posted 07-09-07 07:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
Pats him on the back, 'its ok Im sure you will do better next time" Great review smeagolfan24.

Winner of the Most predictably unpredictable award!

"The less people know about how sausages and laws are made, the better they'll sleep at night."
- Otto von Bismarck
posted 07-09-07 07:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
Thanks.

.:|Smeagol|:.
World in Conflict Heaven Cherub
Battle For Middle-earth II Heaven Replay Reviewer and Ledgend

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend somewhere along in the bitterness.
Oh, I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life...
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Replays » Dwarves vs men
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames