You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have you ever been in your room and have had your door partially beaten in by a horde of screaming little kids?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 03-17-08 02:26 PM EDT (US)   
Well I have. Here are the pictures. The door is 1 and a 1/2 inches thick. 1 inch=2.54 centimeters. It is a hollow door however but still I was surprised by how much damage was inflicted.

The inside of the door:

[JPEG, (179.42 KB)]

The outside of the door:

[JPEG, (163.65 KB)]

They wanted to get in my room and use my computer. I didn't want them to use my computer. I closed and locked they door. The kept body slamming into the door until it broke. One of the parents came and took them away downstairs before any further damage was inflicted.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 03-17-2008 @ 02:27 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-17-08 02:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 34  
yeah it happens. Best plan, as soon as they arrive set them up on a Playstation or Xbox or something in the lounge. Then barricade yourself in, with a chest of draws.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
posted 03-17-08 02:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 34  
I usually open the door and slap a few of them. It discourages the rest.

(that's probably the Scandinavian quarter in me at work)

Feed the birds
posted 03-17-08 02:39 PM EDT (US)     3 / 34  
Ya, I spring the door open and stuff them into large sacks. Really.

My new door is pretty solid but my old one went through so much that the frame got disconnected from the wall, little kids could break it open without damaging it.

"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever.
- Isaiah 40:8 -

[This message has been edited by Murrogh (edited 03-17-2008 @ 02:41 PM).]

posted 03-17-08 02:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 34  
Erm, why did they want to use your computer?

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 03-17-08 02:51 PM EDT (US)     5 / 34  
Ya, I spring the door open and stuff them into large sacks. Really.
This is clearly propaganda. I suspect you're part Russian.

Feed the birds
posted 03-17-08 04:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 34  
I'm the same way with my pc. My sisters are terrible at web-common-sense and install stuff that reverses my quick 80mb boot.

Ouch that door really got it. I'd devise some pepper spray or a camera taser to scare them away. Or flip a voltage switch on the PSU so that it makes a whining noise instead of booting.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
posted 03-17-08 05:11 PM EDT (US)     7 / 34  
My little sister was able to make a pretty large dent in my old door when she was angry with me once. So I can't imagine what a whole horde would do to my door!

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz
posted 03-17-08 06:55 PM EDT (US)     8 / 34  
Since my door is made entirely out of metal, No.

Redus
Bfme2h|HWH|HG main|Redus' blog
Winner of the best post in the 2007 Bfme2H awards, because I had the only nomination.
So this is how freedom dies, to a round of applause.
+1-Drakontos
posted 03-17-08 09:43 PM EDT (US)     9 / 34  
Oh man, that's hardcore. Why do you have a metal door? Expecting a nuclear war?

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
posted 03-17-08 11:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 34  
Judging by Redus, yes.

|
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 03-18-08 00:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 34  
No, It's actually a caravan door.

Redus
Bfme2h|HWH|HG main|Redus' blog
Winner of the best post in the 2007 Bfme2H awards, because I had the only nomination.
So this is how freedom dies, to a round of applause.
+1-Drakontos

[This message has been edited by The Reduszebrus (edited 03-18-2008 @ 00:38 AM).]

posted 03-18-08 00:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 34  
Picture?

Feed the birds
posted 03-18-08 01:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 34  
Yes, this has happened to me many times. When my parents have parties, I'll be hanging downstairs with my friends, when about 2 dozen little kids run down and demand to use the computer. I'll turn off the screen (I LOVE MY SCREEN) and act like its off, so they will lose interest. They will then try and get in my room. My room is filled with knives, clubs, swords, tools, small bits of metal, priceless objects and easily damaged things. It is the last place in the house I want a bunch of children. The 2nd time this happened, a lock had been installed in my door. I locked it one party, AND THE ****ING CHILDREN ALMOST SNAPPED THE ENTIRE LOCK/HANDLE THING OUT OF THE DOOR. I don't have a working lock anymore.

I eventually got my parents down here, and tried to convince them that getting my sister to bring them all down here was not synonymous with caring for them. It's at this point they start screaming "ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CARE FOR THE CHILDREN." I then offer to entertain them with swordfights. The children then get taken away.

TaylorFlame - The Definitive Man.
posted 03-18-08 04:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 34  
I have known little kids to be more annoying than the most persistent mosquitoes, but never to damage doors to that extent!

I dare say that young children need to kept on leashes all the time.

PROCRASTINATE NOT · JAMAIS ARRIERE
posted 03-18-08 09:34 AM EDT (US)     15 / 34  
Good story, Taylor.

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
posted 03-18-08 05:00 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34  
Well I think Taylor beats me.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

posted 03-19-08 00:41 AM EDT (US)     17 / 34  
thats intense.

I've had to take care of annoying children and stuff like this has happened but not to the extent. The most similar damage that my bedroom door has suffered was because of my own fist. Doors are way to fragile. This is one reason little kids should be regularly sedated until about fifteenish.
posted 03-19-08 00:52 AM EDT (US)     18 / 34  
You need to wait until they are all pushing hard, then open the door. They all pile in and trip over, at which point you pummel them until they run away screaming. I am well practised. Once one of the little buggers hit me with a metal bucket :S
posted 03-19-08 04:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34  
That would be a great idea, if I wasn't a pacifist.

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
posted 03-19-08 06:25 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34  
Pull out my automatic airasoft and have my brother open the door.

posted 03-19-08 09:33 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34  
That's a little harsh for my taste. It would be even if I wasn't a pacifist.

Smoke Rings Award Winner
Chill with me.
posted 03-20-08 03:01 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34  
Or I could just install a better door.

posted 03-20-08 03:28 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34  
My younger sister (she's two years younger, not some little kid) wanted to play on my GameCube and I told her that she couldn't if she was just going to waltz into my room like it was hers (at the time, if I entered her room, she would jump on me and try to cut me apart with her nails). I bodily lifted her and deposited her at my door step, then shut my door and held it (no lock). She kicked it to the point where the front snapped (damage isn't visible from the other side, thankfully) right at the middle.

Who receives blame for this? Me, of course. Obviously I should let my sister do whatever she wants in my room, while being viciously attacked and reprimanded for merely setting foot in hers.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 03-20-08 03:48 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34  
Viciously attacked eh? Sounds serious.

Feed the birds
posted 03-20-08 03:51 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34  
If the nails are anywhere near my sister's nail length, I believe you were viciously attacked.

|
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Have you ever been in your room and have had your door partially beaten in by a horde of screaming little kids?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames