The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Hobbit Mini Mafia Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
posted 01-29-09 10:16 AM EDT (US)   

Bilbo Baggins was a normal and well-respected Hobbit. He never did anything unexpected or unnatural, and best of all he never had any adventures. But one day something unexpected happened. Soon he was off on a quest with a mysterious wizard and a group of Dwarves to the Lonely Mountain in an attempt to slay the evil dragon, Smaug. Along the way they would meet many new faces, and all their lives would be changed forever....

Rules:

• Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is fine, though a mod will be asked to read your edit history. but if it happens multiple times, you may be mod-killed.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.
  • No quoting the mod(me).

Players:

The Living(4/12):

1. Blatant (Thorin, Noble Doctor, Town)
2. Arvy (Bard, Vig/1-shot unstoppable kill or 1-shot iron, Town)

6. ABU (Gandalf, Semi-Iron Jack of All Trades)

The Dead(8/12):

3. Catabre (The Great Goblin, Godfather, Mafia)
4. Calenraug (Gollum, Commuter Survivor)
5. Ashrzr (Bilbo, Thief, Town)

7. Rot (Smaug, Semi-Iron SK)
8. Heir of Elessar (Warg, Goon, Mafia)
9. TBG (Goblin Warrior, Goon, Mafia)
10. MoG (Gloin, Roleblocker, Town)
11. Brighty (Balin, Tracker/Watcher, Town)
12. MoP (Fili, Faith Cop, Town)

Game over. Town wins!

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel

[This message has been edited by Nacht Jaeger (edited 02-25-2009 @ 08:35 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-29-09 10:24 AM EDT (US)     1 / 286  
Bilbo moved closer to the fire. His general opinion of quests was quickly dropping. "Walking all day, nothing to eat but cram and other not-so-good things when decent folk are having tea and tarts. Then sleeping for a few hours on hard ground with no company but an old wizard and a bunch of dwarves! What's more, they snore a lot too. Bah! Why did I ever leave my Hobbit-hole? My nice, cozy, wonderful Hobbit-hole....."

As he pondered these things, Bilbo slowly drifted off to sleep. But there were things stirring in the night that were not asleep. Like eyes, bright staring eyes of some forest creature. Most of the things were harmless. Some were.....not so harmless.

It is now Night 0.
You have 48 hours to send in your night actions.

posted 01-31-09 01:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 286  
The sun slowly rose above the mountains as dawn approached. The camp stirred, but did not all get up. Thorin was the first one awake. "Come along, dwarves!" he shouted as he ran around, trying to wake up the rest. However, when he came to A Banned User, he got no response. He shook him harder, and still nothing. He got down on his knees and screamed in his ear, "Wake up sluggard!" Nothing. Thorin quickly called the others over to where he stood. They groggily asked what was the matter. "It's A Banned User, I can't wake him up!" The others murmured with fear. Suddenly, while everyone was standing over him, A Banned User yawned and stirred. When he looked up, he asked inquisitively, "Why is everyone staring at me?" When Thorin explained, Banned replied, "Interesting. I suppose it is merely a coincidence, but I dreamed that I was attacked last night." Everyone laughed at the thought. But it was no dream.

Several people tried to kill ABU but failed.
It is now Day 1. It takes 7 to lynch.
You buggers better get your night actions in tomorrow night.

posted 01-31-09 07:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 286  
Looks like I was popular last night, luckily they wasted their kill on me.
Anyway,

As a Hobbit fan, i've made a list characters and their probable roles that we're likely to find in this game
Overall I think the most likely roles would be -
Bilbo - Tracker, Watcher, Thief? Iron?
Thorin - Noble? Cop?
Gandalf - Iron? Jack of all trades? Roleblocker?
Fili + Kili - Masons?
Elrond - Doctor? Reviver?
Beorn - Vigilante? Bodyguard?
Bard - One shot unstoppable kill?
Gollumn - Win condition is to kill Bilbo?
Smaug - Serial Killer?
Great Goblin - Godfather?
Goblin - Mafia goon, roleblocker, framer e.c.t.?
Goblin - Mafia goon, roleblocker, framer e.c.t.?

Thats just an educated guess though, especially at the roles the characters have. Other town people could be-
Dain
Roac
Eagle Lord
Other dwarven compainions.
Though I feel their less likely.

Also there could be a troll or spider mafia instead of the goblin one. Perhaps even two 4 man mafias.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
"I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)
posted 01-31-09 12:36 PM EDT (US)     4 / 286  
Other dwarven compainions.
Though I feel their less likely.
Likely.
posted 01-31-09 06:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 286  
There were 13 dwarves, but I think their could easily be at least 4-6.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 01-31-09 09:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 286  
posted 01-31-09 09:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 286  
I'll go along...

Not so random Vote: Arvy

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 01-31-09 11:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 286  
Might as well see where this leads

Vote: Arvy

Player of The Lord of the Rings Online.
Server: Vilya
Name: Maegbor
posted 01-31-09 11:36 PM EDT (US)     9 / 286  
Vote:Arvy

Although I do believe that Brighty needs to tell us why he's targeting Arvy before we go any further.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 01-31-09 11:48 PM EDT (US)     10 / 286  
Vote Count:
Arvy - 4 (Brighty, Calenraug, Catabre, Heir of Elessar)
It takes 7 to lynch.

posted 01-31-09 11:48 PM EDT (US)     11 / 286  
Although I do believe that Brighty needs to tell us why he's targeting Arvy before we go any further
Think of it as a random vote then.
posted 02-01-09 01:24 AM EDT (US)     12 / 286  
I'll hold off on voting until Arvy shows up.

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
"I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
"OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
posted 02-01-09 02:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 286  
I would have been the first to post but I haven't read Hobbit in so long and can't remember it... so yeah. Now I get voted. Wonderful.

Ok, roleclaim. I am Bard, a vigilante. I win with town. I do have a special power which I'd rather not reveal right now, and prefer if I'm not pressured to. I didn't make a kill last night. So, erm, it's 4 out of 7, so can I get the votes off of me? I do think that I want to know Brighty's reasoning to vote me. How was it not entirely random?

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
posted 02-01-09 02:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 286  
Unvote: Arvy

Bard seems important enough of a character for someone to not mindlessly claim him.

Player of The Lord of the Rings Online.
Server: Vilya
Name: Maegbor
posted 02-01-09 04:08 AM EDT (US)     15 / 286  
Unvote: Arvy

Bard,eh. Hmmm.....

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
posted 02-01-09 06:41 AM EDT (US)     16 / 286  
Bards a likely character, more likely than some of the dwarves IMO, though I wouldn't expect Bard to be a complete vigilante as I would expect a role revolving around Bards black arrow. But unless theres a counter claim, we may as well lay off Arvy for today.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
posted 02-01-09 07:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 286  
If several people tried to kill Banned, that means someone was either protecting banned or the killer was being roleblocked, amiright?

Does my bum look big in this? Stop staring at my face.
posted 02-01-09 08:02 AM EDT (US)     18 / 286  
Or i'm iron.

posted 02-01-09 09:38 AM EDT (US)     19 / 286  
They could still smelt you!

Does my bum look big in this? Stop staring at my face.
posted 02-01-09 12:53 PM EDT (US)     20 / 286  
I'm inclined to believe Arvedui, so long as no one counterclaims him of course. Bard seems like he would definitely be in the game.

Yes, I began my journey alone, and I ended it alone.
But that does not mean that I walked alone. ~ Brandon Sanderson
posted 02-01-09 01:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 286  
posted 02-01-09 03:11 PM EDT (US)     22 / 286  
Brighty what were your reasons? if you have none then say so.

This is Not A Sig it is a Follow up to a Post
Revora Forums for all your modding needs
TBG (He is ever so slightly more awesome than everyone else for voting now isn't he?)-FOO
BSL Clan
"mods are actually fun girls!"-Jax
posted 02-01-09 03:15 PM EDT (US)     23 / 286  
posted 02-01-09 05:21 PM EDT (US)     24 / 286  
So your telling me that you just made our vigilante, one of the most powerful roles for town, claim so quickly into day 1...? For no reason at all? Sounds like a could be scum trying to find an easy victim for night 1 to kill. Doesn't sound like a cop with a guilty result, for if you had a guilty result on Arvy you'd have pursued the matter further. You could have claimed it was a random vote in either of your two posts, but the fact you didn't makes me believe a more scummier purpose.

Vote: Brighty

I'd like a full explanation.

posted 02-01-09 09:25 PM EDT (US)     25 / 286  
Well stated ABU

Vote: Brighty

"When life gives me lemons I make beef stew." Excerpt from Andy Milonakis's Theme Song.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 12  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Hobbit Mini Mafia Game Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: