Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Mansion Mini Mafia - Game Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25  Next Page »
posted 03-04-09 05:36 PM EDT (US)   

1973. A Lonely Mansion
A face peered motionless out of a cobwebbed window, his shadow dancing in the uncertain moonlight, eyes alert as the strangers began arriving one by one apprehensively approaching the mansion. Not knowing what is about to happen next. Their only similarity is they all hold a note carefully in their hands reading “Hello, you do not know me but you have been invited for a short stay at my secluded mansion, please follow the instructions on the back of the invitation for the location and the time, all who turn up will be given cash rewards, once we’ve played a little personality game. – Mr Anonymous”
Eventually all 12 strangers found themselves in a large dated and a bit to cosy living room, glancing suspiciously at each other, all wondering what the hell they just got themselves into.

Rules:
  • Do not edit your posts - double post if necessary. Once is just a warning. To many edited posts will result in a modkill.
  • No quoting the mod. Doing so will result in a modkill.
  • Do not reveal any information after your character has died. 'bah' and 'good game guys' posts are allowed but nothing more.
  • This game is closed communication - talk within this thread only, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • No talking/strategizing during the night, unless your role specifically states otherwise.
  • Follow HG's CoC
  • During the day, players can vote to lynch. To cast your vote type Vote: Name. Be sure to bold it!
  • If you change your vote, type Unvote: Name before your new vote.

Time: End Game

Still living - 2/12
    01: Genius Nacht Jaeger, Gravedigger turned Con Artists Assistant, wins!
    11: Swindler Ashrzr, Con Artist, wins!

The Deceased - 10/12
    07: Hobo Arvedui, A Self Redirector, Town, Killed Night 0
    04: Reverend Catabre, A Sacrificial Doctor, Town, Lynched Day 1
    08: Butler Blatant, The Godfathers Guardian, Mafia, Killed Night 1
    12: Psychiatrist Heir, Insane Cop, Town, Killed Night 1
    05: Salesman Pit King, A Hat Giver, Town, Lynched Day 2
    09: Reporter Rotaretilbo, Post Restricted Questioning Required Lie Detector, Town, Killed Night 2
    02: Madame Brit Catabre, Random Cop, Town, Lynched again Day 3.
    06: Mr Enemy Of Jupitor, Roleblocker Godfather Kill Giver, Mafia, Killed Night 3
    03: Colonel Julius, Stone Serial Killer Tracker, Lynched Day 4
    10: Principle GoSailing, Naive Cop, Endgamed.

My e-mail: A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk.

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant
    "I'VE ABANDONED MY CHILD" - Ashrzr defending himself from paedophile charges.

Scenario designer for Empire Earth and Empire Creations
    1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    President of EEH, alongside Ashrzr (FILM DUDE!)

[This message has been edited by A Banned User (edited 05-03-2009 @ 07:39 AM).]

• Replies:
    posted 03-04-09 05:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 611  
    After a few awkward confused conversations, the strangers decided it was time to head home, away from this weird mansion, thinking they were some victim of a sad practical joke. Moving through the stretching and lonely hallways, with dated wallpaper and cobwebbed furnishings they headed towards the large doorway that they entered the mansion through. However to their horror they discovered the door locked, and after much searching they discovered all the remaining doors and windows were boarded and locked. A note on a door read “There are 12 bedrooms, which may I recommend you go up and all sleep in tonight, as you won’t be getting anywhere near your normal bed tonight… lets hope for a peaceful night shall we? – Mr Anonymous”.
    After some heated arguments and shoulders, in vain, being slammed against the doors, the 12 strangers began, reluctantly, heading up to find a bedroom for themselves wondering what the night will bring.

It is now Night 0.
    Please send all night actions to A_Banned_User@hotmail.co.uk

"Banned is a beautiful, beautiful man. Visit BfME2H, EEH, or DoFH if you want to see more of this wonder." - Blatant

1st July 1916, The Somme (4.6), The Long Road to France (4.8) and A Place Called Waterloo (4.8)
    posted 03-08-09 08:27 AM EDT (US)     2 / 611  
    A sleepless night struck many of the strangers as they wondered just what was going to happen in their imprisonment in this strange hotel, and wondering if there was any way out. Strange eerie noises filled the mansion as they turned about in their beds, but eventually one by one they drifted off to sleep. It took the strangers a while to realize were they were after they woke up to their weird beds, when suddenly a door opening and a loud gasp sent them all sprawling for their own doors.
    “Everyone, oh god… everyone!”
    They managed to lumber themselves out into the old-fashioned corridor to find Rotaretilbo standing staring horrified at a dead body that was sprawled out in front of his door.
    “I just opened my door up, and he was lying there.” He cried
    The strangers all went for a closer inspection, and discovered that the corpses owner was Arvedui, who had seemingly been hit over the head with a candlestick. Then another stranger let out a small cry, and pointed at EoJ’s shoulder, where a single bloody scar lay.
    “Don’t worry I’ll be fine” He said. “I’m just glad I didn’t suffer the same fate as Arvedui.

Hobo Arvedui, a self redirector, has been killed
    Somebody tried to kill EoJ but failed.
    It is Day 1, with 11 alive it is 6 to lynch.

posted 03-08-09 10:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 611  
    Who's a "self-redirector"? Is he town?

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 03-08-09 12:22 PM EDT (US)     4 / 611  
    Yes he's Town, I don't know what a self-redirector is though. Perhaps if anyone targets him he can redirect that target to someone else? But if that were so he probably wouldn't have died.

And I just have to get this off my chest, this is eerily similar to The Game Mafia.

EE forever
    posted 03-08-09 01:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 611  
    The Game, as in, the Game you always forget you're playing, but when you do, you've lost the Game? Which I've now just lost, thanks.
    Yes he's Town, I don't know what a self-redirector is though. Perhaps if anyone targets him he can redirect that target to someone else? But if that were so he probably wouldn't have died.
    Other way round, I think- target someone, who then has his action redirected to Arvy. Basically, screwed from the start unless he targets the doctor or a vanilla townie, or someone who's not using their action.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    posted 03-08-09 01:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 611  
    Also, I know as much about the attack as you guys do- no e-mail or anything.

posted 03-08-09 01:16 PM EDT (US)     7 / 611  
    As I see it self-redirector could be either of the following:

1. Role that attracts night actions aimed at other people (also known as Lightning Rod).

2. Role that if targetted, automatically redirects those actions onto other people.

Both of the above are rare, but given that he has been killed I assume he was the former. Either way, he was an unpredictable role and so thankfully not the biggest loss the town could have suffered.

I'm slightly curious about the failed kill attempt. Did Arvy's role interfere and deflect the kill? Or do we have more than one killing faction?

If the later, I assume EoJ isn't Iron, seeing as he says he knows nothing about the attack.

[ All_That_Glitters | Pretty_Town_Contest | Other_AoK_Designs | AoE_Designs ]
    Member of Stormwind Studios
    posted 03-08-09 01:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 611  
    Other way round, I think- target someone, who then has his action redirected to Arvy. Basically, screwed from the start unless he targets the doctor or a vanilla townie, or someone who's not using their action.
    If that's correct, the write-up would suggest he was targetting Rot (being outside Rot's door). Does this mean you suspect Rot of having made a night-kill? I doubt if Rot were a Vig he would have made a kill on Night 0, so if yes you are basically accusing him of being scum.

posted 03-08-09 01:28 PM EDT (US)     9 / 611  
    A self redirector is somebody who targets a person, and any actions used on that person is redirected onto themselves.

E.g
    Player A investigates Player B
    Self redirector targets Player B
    Self redirector is investigated instead of Player B

I've never heard of lighting rod though but they sound similar.

posted 03-08-09 01:41 PM EDT (US)     10 / 611  
    If that's correct, the write-up would suggest he was targetting Rot (being outside Rot's door). Does this mean you suspect Rot of having made a night-kill? I doubt if Rot were a Vig he would have made a kill on Night 0, so if yes you are basically accusing him of being scum.
    I didn't see that in the write up (simply glanced at it and saw I got hurt), so yes, I should assume that something has happened with Rot, and thus will make a good start for the day.

Vote: Rot

posted 03-08-09 02:13 PM EDT (US)     11 / 611  
    I doubt ABU is the type to leave player clues in his write ups, let alone the kind so blatantly obvious that they would condemn the player on the very first day. More likely, it may indicate that Arvy targeted me last night, and deflected a kill from myself. EoJ, what do you think of that?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 03-08-09 02:24 PM EDT (US)     12 / 611  
    Starting votes have been given for less, so you don't quite have to take that tone with me, thanks. After all, I was hardly saying that you'd killed him.

posted 03-08-09 02:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 611  
    Rot is right. ABU's last post makes it pretty clear that Rot was the one targetted for the kill. Not the killer.

Unfortunately, the failed kill attempts don't make either Rot or EoJ town. ABU's post also makes clear that Arvy's role didn't interfere with the other kill attempt (against EoJ). Therefore we have two killing factions, and it's perfectly possible for scum to target other scum.

So basically the info from last night is useless for making any decisions from.

posted 03-08-09 04:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 611  
    Random Vote?

Who Dares Wins - SAS Motto.
    My LOTR Saga Thread(Currently In Production)
    My Scens: The SASo0-0o Hold The City
    posted 03-08-09 04:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 611  
    But it does mean that EoJ and I have a statistically lower chance of being scum, since we can assume that we are at least not in one of the killing groups. However, yes, this certainly doesn't confirm us as town.

And EoJ, I didn't mean to convey the wrong message. I am not upset or anything. I honestly wanted to know your opinion.

Anyway, Julius, what do you think we should do now?

"Also, I'm no clearer on what WIFOM is really, although I gather it's something to do with Thymole being gay..." -Sassenach
    "I don't lie in my claims and I don't intend to." -WeeMicky
    "OH MY GOD A DINOSAUR" -Peter Fallon
    posted 03-08-09 05:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 611  
    Oh, right, sorry. You can't get tone of voice over the internet, so it was lost on me.
    I believe myself to have misread Banned's description of Arvy's role- like thus:
    Player A investigates Player B
    Self redirector targets Player A
    Self redirector is investigated instead of Player B
    Therefore, I agree with your analysis that the two of us are statistically only just less likely to be scum. But, hey >.

posted 03-09-09 02:57 AM EDT (US)     17 / 611  
    Woah, wait, I'm dead on the first night?! YES!

Hey, Banned, how about emailing me the role list?

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
    |
    "I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
    "Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
    And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
    posted 03-09-09 11:22 AM EDT (US)     18 / 611  
    Ok, the night results gives us some clues but no leads. Perhaps we should look further into Rot?

Nacht Jaeger - Ex AoEH Angel
    posted 03-09-09 11:56 AM EDT (US)     19 / 611  
    I'll tell you now if a players name is in the write up it's done intentionally, not as a clue. I'm not trying to make this game easier for yall.

Vote Count.
    Rotaretilbo - 1 (EoJ)
    6 to lynch

posted 03-09-09 12:03 PM EDT (US)     20 / 611  
    Anyway, Julius, what do you think we should do now?
    I think we should review the thread and see if anything stands out. Speaking of which...
    Ok, the night results gives us some clues but no leads. Perhaps we should look further into Rot?
    Because all we know about him is that he was targetted for a kill last night? We don't even know that for 100% certain.

So why do you suggest it?

Vote: Nacht

To make clear though, I'm not looking for a bandwagon or a lynch here. So don't all pile on with votes.

posted 03-09-09 12:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 611  
    Did Banned just say y'all?

Anyway, surely Rot was in that writeup, and Arvy happened to be outside his room, for a reason. A host wouldn't just randomly make someone look that suspicious or focus attention on a person out of the blue, so surely Rot's in there for a reason. If it isn't too revealing Rot, perhaps you should tell us why you might be in the writeup?

EE forever
    posted 03-09-09 12:23 PM EDT (US)     22 / 611  

It says Arvy's body was outside Rot's door. Doesn't look like Rot's role has anything to do with it. Most likely ABU is just saying Rot was Arvy's target, in a fancy way.

posted 03-09-09 12:29 PM EDT (US)     23 / 611  
    Anyway, surely Rot was in that writeup, and Arvy happened to be outside his room, for a reason. A host wouldn't just randomly make someone look that suspicious or focus attention on a person out of the blue, so surely Rot's in there for a reason. If it isn't too revealing Rot, perhaps you should tell us why you might be in the writeup?
    I doubt whether Rot is going to be revealing his role on the basis of just a few vague suspicions. A clarification would be welcome, though.
    Because all we know about him is that he was targeted for a kill last night? We don't even know that for 100% certain.

So why do you suggest it?
    Julius has a valid point here. This clearly looks as if Nacht is trying to take advantage of an innocent townie's discomfiture.

"Chaos is a ladder." - Petyr Middlefinger

"I love it when Heir is scum and knows he's been rumbled, he goes a bit mad."- Newt_Gunray

"And on that day my respect for Herr grew four fold" - SirDante
    posted 03-09-09 01:10 PM EDT (US)     24 / 611  
    Dang, I forgot to unvote.
    Unvote.

posted 03-09-09 01:12 PM EDT (US)     25 / 611  
    I wonder- 12 strangers in a house. This may mean that you're unlikely to have large mafia groups- perhaps a couple of single scum players with the capability to recruit. Then you've got the house owner- obviously a bad guy, but what can this-
    a little personality game
    mean?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 25  Next Page »
    Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » The Mansion Mini Mafia - Game Thread
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register
    Hop to:    
    Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames