Please login or register

The Prancing Pony
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Worldbuilder Error: could not create directory 'C:'
posted 09-26-10 12:19 PM EDT (US)   
Hey everyone I have a little problem making maps in Worldbuilder, its probably a very common problem that I'm sure has a very obvious solution:

So I just found my lost BfME2 play disk and decided to reinstall it and have some fun. Please note that, because my C: drive only had 8 gigs of memory left in it, I decided to install the game to the D: partition of my hard drive which had 85 free gigs. After playing some MP/SP games I closed the game and opened up Worldbuilder. Since map making was something I used to do all the time, I was pretty psyched to get coding again.

But when I tried to save my first creation, my new and crumby vista OS decided that this application would cause my computer to spontaneously combust if it let it have access to my C drive.

I got the following error message inside of Worldbuilder:

Now this never happened to me in XP so then I began to Google and Google and, after editing permissions, disabling User Access Control (best thing to ever happen to my computer ), I still am not able to save any of my maps.

Anyone have ANY suggestions at all? Usually these kinds of problems are solved in the most obvious ways so please post any ideas you have.

Thanks in advance
Replies:
posted 09-26-10 05:09 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3  
You might have done better posting this on the tech support or worldbuilder forums - but don't start a new topic, i'm sure a friendly passing mod will move this for you.

Afraid I can't help, to my eternal shame I've still never played past BFME 1.

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀ ░
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█ ░░░
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀ ░
posted 09-27-10 01:20 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3  
That is a shame, BFME2 was excellent

Have you tried messing around where it saves too? That's my only suggestion. I only ever used worldbuilder 2-3 times.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
posted 10-01-10 09:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3  
RESOLVED!

Found an obvious work-around . If you are having trouble saving your custom made maps because you installed BFME2 to a different drive than the C drive then follow these instructions:

1. Make your map but don't create any scripts yet.

2. Go to file > Save

3. In the window that pops up you'll see 4 buttons on the top. Click User Maps

4. Click browse and save your map in the same drive that you installed the game. (Ex. I installed my game in the D drive so I would save my maps in that drive.) Make sure you remember where you saved the map.

5. Go find the map you just saved. It will be a folder named whatever you saved the map as, copy the whole folder.

6. Go to C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files\Maps Paste the folder in the Maps folder.

7. Restart Worldbuilder and go to file > open. Click on the system maps button at the top and theres your map

8. Finish your map and save it. It is very important to save the map at least once after you copy/paste it to your C drive. Otherwise it might not work ingame for some reason.

This will work for any map but make sure you make all the scripts after you copy/paste you map to your C drive.

[This message has been edited by DaemonFire (edited 10-01-2010 @ 11:01 PM).]

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » The Prancing Pony » Worldbuilder Error: could not create directory 'C:'
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames