Please login or register

Argonath (General Discussions)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Atzy, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Tactical and Strategic skill
posted 04-30-06 02:12 PM EDT (US)   
when u finish a game, u get points in tactical and strategic skill, what do these stand for, how do u get them, and what is a high number of these points?
Replies:
posted 04-30-06 02:14 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16  
have you good question you do...
answer Yoda have not...
find the answer to new mystery we must.
posted 05-01-06 02:43 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16  
uhhhhhm, bump?
posted 05-01-06 07:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16  
Indeed.

*bump*

Just call me Robert.
My Massgate
posted 05-01-06 08:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16  
I think producing many raw troops and using 95%+ of your resources go to tactical, but I am uncertain of strategic.
posted 05-01-06 11:07 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16  
I've never known, but I have noticed this that the more I rush, the higher my tactical skill.

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
posted 05-01-06 11:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16  
I've also noticed that when I micromanage my troops better, my tactical skill goes up. I.e. when I maneuver an attack troll around pikes rather than let him run into them.

I don't know exactly what they both are either though.

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 05-02-06 06:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16  
well, the highest i got in both is like 1.90..., havent got a clue what that means though
posted 05-02-06 10:55 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16  
I got 32.0 in tactical skill once and I've no idea how I did it...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 05-02-06 12:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16  
I believe tactical skill has something to do with the power boost you get when you attack units from behind.

Pigelin and Paronsplit - da mean killing machine
Or, maybe not...

posted 05-02-06 02:52 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16  
maybe mine is so low cuz i toy around with my enemies, till i get like 30000 recourses, and pick off every thing he has one by one but never letting him die... :P
posted 05-02-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16  
Well this feature depends on many variables but sure not on rushes...

Strategic skill depends on how fast you get resources, and on how you spend them, and the order of the upgrades, and the variety of buildings you build...

Tactical skill counts on tactical doings that you made during the match...

My friend once got 130 tactical skill without even attacking once in the whole game...

Tactical doings are like: Attacking units from behind especially pikemen with cavalry...
Using the bonuses that the units have in attack against other units...
For example if you attack trolls with lorien archers you will get a reduction in your tactical skill ratio, while if you attacked trolls using mirkwood archers you will get addition to the tactical ratio cause Mirkwood Archers have bonus against monsters...

The kill death ratio has a great role in tactical skill as well...

Also the order you destroy the enemies buildings has a role as well...

So these are the things that affect the tactical and strategic skills I guess...

Notice that new and weak players get a higher skill in tactical skill cause they make less mistakes because they do not do much events to make mistakes versus decent players who play a lot and lose points a lot as well...

But extremely good players must have a good tactical skill ratio as well as good strategic skill...

Thank you...

Regards...

You cannot contend with the will of Saruman!!!
posted 05-08-06 08:16 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16  
So really, it's just a guide to help you improve your game, then? It's kind of simple now I think about it!
posted 05-15-06 10:15 PM EDT (US)     13 / 16  
It depends on how u want to play the game mostly... Like, do u wanna play by rushing the enemy early in the game? Or playing the game with some strategy u came up with .

Most new players would get more tactical skill than strategic, cuz they dont noe any strats the first time they played the game. That is if they havn't been told anything.

What Kirov said mostly explains the whole thing.

But if you attack from the centre only, and attack from no other side, there's more chance that you'll get more tactical skill. Strategic skill is just by sneaking around, luring an enemy's army from his base, and attacking him when he's far away. That's why it's called strategic, cuz u use strategy.

I dont really understand tactical though... I got 119.0 tactical once with mordor by just rushing them with orcs. No attack trolls or anything. When i looked at my strategic skill, it was 0.01... lol

[This message has been edited by HellKidd (edited 05-15-2006 @ 10:16 PM).]

posted 05-17-06 11:32 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16  
I'll explain it in detail: Basically, if you pwn like me, you get a really high strategic and tactical skill all the time. If you're a noob, you get a low score. Simple eh?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I PWN NOOBS ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
posted 05-17-06 11:56 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16  
well, actually, if I pwn u, u should be ashamed...
posted 05-17-06 08:06 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16  
so basically you take pride in beating the newest and worst players of the game...Boy, I sure am impressed with your...dominance? I thought a truly good player would play the best possible people instead of getting easy points by "pwning noobs"...Or mabye im just revolutionary in my thought.
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Argonath (General Discussions) » Tactical and Strategic skill
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames