posted 10-27-08 01:36 PM EDT (US)   
Hello guys.
it's been a lot since i've been here, but i've learned a lot thanks to you.

now proudly presents a mod,map and website, all on the making these days.

a small explenation on this mod:
darkness is coming.
yes, i know, you've heard it before, but this time they are REALLY coming, and BIG TIME.

Epics team is proudly presents a new mod, map and a campaign to make you wish for more. all in one, and a few more additions.

campaign will start of during the war fought on the hobbit (please dont catch me on dry facts, i'm not the historian of this group). the whole armies - into the first war.
new dwarven skins, including the cousins, new skins, and a few unit type for every faction - for each age.
game will advance into the 3rd age war, where the factions are the same (with additional units) in minas tirith enhanced, helm's deep enhanced, isengard enhanced and the fearsome mordor with barad-dur, as never been seen before. and trust us, we've downloaded a lot of amazing maps.
computer races which should help you \ cause you problems are the ents, on fanghorn near isengard, the black riders to attack frodo, whenever he is out there (must defend him, otherwise ring is lost), haradrim of rhun * the rangers of the forbidden pool (rhun must cross, rangers must defend) and the dwarves of moria, which fights inside moria with the goblins, till the balrog appears. balrog is one fearsome demon now.
isengard will attack in a few fronts: helm's deep, and fanghorn, while fangorn is a friend of the elves, which can only recruits ents from there. so you must defend it.
minas tirith should first defend a destructible osgiliath, later on the fight may take place on pelenor fields.
the dwarves will have to fight the goblins on the mines of moria, till the goblins somehow release the balrog, which is befriend with them. if teh dwarves manage to defeat them, they may join the battle at small groups. reinforcements of teh dwarves come from the long-distant relatives.
Rhun must cross the woods to get to mordor, and recruitable by both mordor and isengard. the guys at the forbidden pool will try to hold them back.
and the improved nazgul, beside making your life a living hell will attack EVERYTHING in it's path, aiming for frodo.
the ring: frodo starts with the ring but must secure the elves of lothlorien to safely back to rivendel.
the objective is that frodo must get to mount doom, and destroy the ring (triger zones, conditions). if they die, well, you rebuild them, but if the enemy grabs the ring they automatically start building sauron, which is larger scale, causes more damage (i think).
for UNBALANCING issues we've decided to disable galadriel.
Men have the ability to build the eagles, since gandalf called them on.
**help: is it possible to script when units is 0 HP (death) do the effect of Power Word?
if you thought the battle for minas tirith was great, wait till you look at what comes in your gates...
what will happen if mordor attacks helm's deep? (has catapults)

the spells: a lot of spells were disabled to make the game more tactical, since most of teh gamers use them.
men has only one chance to call in for the oathbreakers, which comes beside the "small group" that comes with aragorn.

rohirrim: well, i guess youv'e never actually played that amoount of rohirrim at start.
you get the reinforcement at start, the sound plays the speech of the movie, they appear and at the second - a counter attack and formations of the orcs takes place, with pikemen walking over there and archers firing away.
you cannot win the mordor wave that triggers the siege on helm's deep, so you must be ready to defend.

the idea is trying to re-create the battles DURING the game play, without cutting scenes but with speeches.
remeber that are a lot of trigers and conditions.
the map is sized at 600X600X80 border & 1.5 scale.
amount of CP and hordes sizes yet determined.

we greet you well, thanking you for the help we've learned from you so far, and waiting anxiously to finish it and releasing it for beta testing.

be well,
epics team