Please login or register

Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods)
Moderated by Sir Hugh, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Downloading Maps Help
posted 05-03-09 08:14 PM EDT (US)   
Hey so, im havin trouble getting this downloading a new custimzed map goin. i downloaded the map tha ti wanted and supposedly im supposed to put the files into the map file in the bmf2 files and i see the map file but i cant access it like its not a folder its like i dont know how to explain it but i cant put anythin in it or open it any suggestions?
Replies:
posted 05-03-09 08:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7  
I couldn't understand what your problem is, try to explain better. Punctuation is your friend ^^

Normally, maps come in zip (rar) files, which must be unzipped to the C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files\Maps folder.
posted 05-03-09 11:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7  
sorry, well so i have the maps that i want downloaded, and im trying to put them into the game, and im supposed to put them into "map" folder in the bmf2 game files but when i go there the "map" folder isnt really a folder its just like a weird icon, not a folder icon, i cant open it or put anything into it

[This message has been edited by Revan91 (edited 05-03-2009 @ 11:08 PM).]

posted 05-04-09 12:01 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7  
That's the game's folder, it's not where want to go.

Go to the following folder, as I told you earlier:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files\Maps
posted 05-04-09 11:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7  
so i tried going the way u told me i have the documents and settings folders and administrator files but when i got to that i didn't have application data folder. i even did a search on my comp, if it would help i have a pc, windows xp. and im sorry but when u said "That's the game's folder" im not quite sure what u meant by that are there two different types of game folders, im not trying to put it in a folder called "games" im trying to put it into a file called "maps" but when i click on it it says something like "u cannot open this file because u do not have the appropriate programs and this file uses mulitple programs", and like it asks if "i wanna choose from a list of programs to open it with"? yea anywho also if this will help with ur prognosis this is how i get to the area where the maps file is

program files/Electronic Arts/The Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II/

so when i get there the only like open-able folders are a "apt", "data", "lang", "launcher", "mss" and "support" and theres a few note pad files
posted 05-05-09 12:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7  
If you got that far I'm guessing you don't have it as a hidden folder?

Try creating a new folder called 'Maps' in your 'My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files' folder

Have you created a map? The folder may create itself upon launching worldbuilder / saving a map
posted 05-05-09 12:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7  
I know, that's the main game's folder you're in (BFME2 = Game).
The file you're trying to open, maps.big, is just the maps that come with the original game, and have nothing to do with what we're trying to do here.

You probably can't see the folder I told you earlier (Application Data) because your windows may not have the "hidden files" unhidden.
To change this, from any folder go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab, and look for the option that says something like "Show all hidden files and folders". Make sure you CAN see hidden files and folders.

Then try to find the folder again.
posted 05-06-09 01:13 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7  
awesome dude that did it thank u so much i really appreciate it
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Grey Havens (World Builder & Game Mods) » Downloading Maps Help
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames