Fan Fiction and Art
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Adventurer's corner- The Fellowship of the North- Book One
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
posted 03-11-06 04:41 PM EDT (US)   
Welcome to Adventurer's corner, BFME2H's role playing thread.

Here we can have an adventure, a fantasy in Middle-Earth. It's pretty relaxed, but don't make it too spammy, and don't kill other forummers, as we're all on the same team. Also, it tend to gets slightly boring if you keep doing battles all the time, so include some conversations too. But most importantly, have fun!

The discussion thread- a place to discuss where we are going, questions, suggestions, ETC. Also contains a feature called 'Frodo watch'- Where the fellowship of the ring is at the time, and where we are in middle earth.
Posting Information:
Post all actions in the story in bold and all comments in normal text.
Sometimes the group will be spilt into 2, 3 or even 4 parts which will can make following the story hard, so when this happens the other group or groups will type in different colour from the main one. You shall be allocated your groups by either the person who split you from the rest of the group, or me

Current groups:
Boddah is currently typing in Dark Red
Everyone else is typing in black.
Here is the code

[c=dark blue] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark green] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark red] !!Text!! [/c]

It is also suggested that before you post something very long, put a post that says *I'm doing the next bit* or *typing*... and then edit it in later. That way it avoids simultaneous posting.

Joining:
You may join at any time, but make a story about how you join, be it we rescue you from Wargs, or that you save us from doom and make sure that you followed the post information.

When you want to join in make sure you read from the start so you get a good idea of what's going on, and then fill this out so we know about your character. Once this is done it will be added to the main post with the rest of them. Then all that's left is making your spectacular entrance!

Forum Name:
Name:
Class:
Appearance: Description or link to picture
History:
Personality:
Skills:
Magic: If any
Inventory: IE Weapons, Armour, Rings and stuff, camping material, backpack to carry it all.

Descriptions for the Characters are in their own thread. Thanks Lady Arcola.

*~*Voted best thread in the 1st Bi-annual BFME2H forum awards, 2006*~*

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-02-2006 @ 01:06 PM).]

Replies:
posted 03-11-06 04:49 PM EDT (US)     1 / 724  
Kester, having just arrived in town mere hours before, downs her last ale and saddles her warhorse. Her trusty wolfhound Molly at her side, she joins the others in the paddock. "My sword and bow are ready. Let's go!"

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 03-11-06 04:53 PM EDT (US)     2 / 724  
What be your weapon, shield maidan?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-11-2006 @ 05:06 PM).]

posted 03-11-06 08:30 PM EDT (US)     3 / 724  
I'm in this is going to be fun!

The ground seems to shake as Spawn comes riding on his great Warhorse which was bigger then most as he was.

With his Great Battle axe on his back, he arrives at the paddock, unmounted his horse and draws his axe, With a angry look on his face he slams it do the ground and slightly leans on it. Then he intorupts EoJ and speaks, "only 3 so far, we shale not kill many breasts with only the 3 of us"

U_Spawn_U - Think About It

[This message has been edited by U_Spawn_U (edited 03-12-2006 @ 03:09 AM).]

posted 03-11-06 08:45 PM EDT (US)     4 / 724  

Quote:

"My sword and bow are ready. Let's go!"

You forgot the arrows!

posted 03-11-06 11:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 724  
The music was in full flow and people were swapping tales, none took notice of the tall man clad in rough clothes... except the barman, who knew him from long back.

The man quietly sat down in a dark corner of the inn and made a very discrete signal to the barman. His face was cloaked, as was the rest of his body and only if you were very keen of the eye could you make out a large sword and an oddly shaped dagger. He also carried a bow and a quiver of arrows, though they were outside on his Steed.

He was constantly surveying the surroundings and evaluating the people, a habit borne out of years of living dangerously. He was one of the Rangers of the North. Sometimes he fought as a mercenary if money was too tight, but always aligned with men... and elves if they made it worth his while.

But today he was returning a favour to his old friend Strider. If it hadn't been for Strider, the Orcs would... well never mind. There were far more important things that needed attention, such as the whispers in the forest, whispers about dark lords and fell beasts and this was what he was here for... to gather information.

But wait, who's that with the mighty axe? and that Shield maiden? Is she from Rohan, what business does she have here? And who is that man, an obvious leader but leader of what? A leader for whom? This is getting really mysterious... Strider will be very interested.

This is going to be the best thread ever, I am seriously hooked. Our own place in Middle Earth. Well done everybody.

Proud Recepient of the BFME2 Heaven Best Location Award.

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 03-12-2006 @ 05:24 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 02:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 724  
I thank you! Good narrateing so far!
Just anote to say that anyone can join in at any place, just make up a storyline to how you joined us. WE shall wait for 5 to go.

EoJ sits on Prince, waiting for the next adventuer to arrive, when he spots a clocked man in the shadows. He is walking towards his horse, when EoJ calls out-
'Hey! Would you like to join? I can see you are one of the Dunidain! Come! Ride with us! We could use someone as skilled as you!'

posted 03-12-06 03:09 AM EDT (US)     7 / 724  
So we don't get confused from comments and the story, we should do all story parts in bold.

Spawn's face seems to get red, "Time is of the essence, i shale now wait much longer for more men to shale out glory with, my axe is big enough to kill 1000 orc, let us hope the rest of the crew arrive soon or i shale begin the slaughtering of the beasts of evil on my own!"

Come on every one join in on the fun of the story

Updated
Small Character Bio (I'll work on this more)
Name: Spawn
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Appearance: His hair is long & has brown colour with a sort of a rugged about it, his eyes are a distinct green. His skin is a light tan and he is covered in battle scars, his ripped 6foot body makes him a scary sight and a giant among other humans. His worn long black cloak covers his whole body and as he walked you hear the loud sounds of this heavy metal boots. His the blade of his axe slightly comes through a cut in his clock when it is on his back.
Inventory: Weapons -{ Great Battle Axe, Great Bow, 50 Iron Arrows } Amour -( Chain Mail )

[This message has been edited by U_Spawn_U (edited 03-12-2006 @ 03:27 AM).]

posted 03-12-06 03:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 724  
Good idea.
Here's a pic of me so you get the idea.

Nay, it would be foolinsh, as Orcs in great numbers could overwhelm even your great swings. Besides, I think to a mountain troll it will just be a slight annoyance. Come! Let us have a deul to pass the time.
We're leaveing at 12 o'clock GMT time, guys, so hurry up.

posted 03-12-06 03:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 724  
Spawn:"Ah yes a duel to pass the time, a excellent idea"
*Spawn throws Of his weighted Cloak and gets axe into a fighting position*
Spawn:"Lets us begin, And shale you blade protect you"
*He Charges ready to fight*

I'll do a drawing of my guy later, we should have small bios on the our characters sure as

Player(Former):
Name:
Race:
Class:
Appearance:
History:
Personality:
Magic: If they have any
Inventory: Ie, Weapons, Amour, Rings and stuff.

[This message has been edited by U_Spawn_U (edited 03-12-2006 @ 03:35 AM).]

posted 03-12-06 03:47 AM EDT (US)     10 / 724  
EoJ Sidesteps Spawn, sending him crashing into a tree.
I think an indepentent observer should decide who will win the deul (IE, Kester, Elven sniper, etc)
Name: EoJ
Race: gondorian
Class: (a) Captin of Ithlian Rangers
Appearance: See pic.
History: Rose through the ranks, becomeing a captin of Rangers at just 23. However, he was dispatched by Faramir, recogniseing his leadership abilities, to help up north, as 'you could do a lot more than sit around with us'
Personality: Fun loveing, enphusiactic, sensible
Magic: Skilled with Kingsfoil
Inventory: A pendent from person unknown, an anciant blade, and armour. He also keeps a large supply of Kingsfoil.

Edit: sorry wrong guy

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-12-2006 @ 06:00 AM).]

posted 03-12-06 05:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 724  
Add this to the main post and all players chractors stats

When you want to join in, just fill this out and then join in & it will be added to the main post.
Player(Former):
Name:
Class:
Appearance: Desperation or link to picture
History:
Personality:
Magic: If they have any
Inventory: Ie, Weapons, Amour, Rings and stuff.

..who is shrink

posted 03-12-06 11:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 724  
Forum Name: Aeneas2
Name: Valandil
Race: Elven
Class: Elf of Lothlorien
Appearance: Long white hair, sharp brown eyes, fair white skin, with a slight build, Valandil is around 5' 10". He wears dark green clothes with an even darker cloak around him.
History: A former guard of Caras Galadhorn, he was sent by Celeborn to observe the events occuring around Middle Earth.
Personality: Quiet, vigilant, and intelligent.
Magic: none
Inventory: Longbow of Mallorn wood, a quiver full of arrows, an elven glaive, and the above mentioned traveling clothes.

The sun is slowly rising as Valandil rides into Bree on his great white horse, Melanger. As he moves to padlock Melanger, he catches sight off Spawn and EoJ sparring. When he hears that they are going on a journey, he decides to introduce himself, and to ask if he may be allowed to accompany them.

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz

[This message has been edited by Aeneas2 (edited 03-12-2006 @ 01:46 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 12:52 PM EDT (US)     13 / 724  
For the time being the ranger has approved joining the motley crew of warriors. He goes into the inn and hands the barman a piece of parchment which has all the goingons of the past few days written on it...

"But what the..., whats that commotion outside?" Cirdan draw's his sword and slowly steps outside.

what he sees makes him groan.
"Bloody great", thinks Cirdan, "EoJ and that huge axeman have started a fight. Why don't we just march with a large band of musicians into the Orc territories? It would be less noisy and attract less attention".
Meanwhile the fight is really warming up.The axeman takes a powerful swipe at EoJ and almost takes his head off. EoJ sidesteps and kicks out the axeman's legs from under him. This further infuriates him and he kicks EoJ between the legs. Now both of them are lying on the ground.

"I really have to stop this before they kill each other. And where's that Shieldmaiden when you need her?" thinks Cirdan.
He comes between the combatants and says
"Hey big guy, why don't we get on with busi..." the axeman lands an unintentional puch on Cirdan.
"watch it mate, we all have to work toget..." the axeman lands another punch, this time totally intended.

Cirdan screams, "Why you big... lets have it then"
and with this Cirdan too joins the melee.

Only kester and Aeneas are left to judge the matter now.. and anyone else attracted to the fight.

@ spawn I refer you as "axeman" because you didn't introduce youself to me.
@ Aeneas, I haven't seen you yet.
I might be a bit sarcastic, but thats my character trait

Name: Círdan Elendil
Race: Dunadain
Class: Northern Ranger

Appearance: Tall, medium built, short hair, scar on neck and arms, wears dark flowing clothes and light leather armour.

History: Last few of the Dunadain. Raised in Rivendell. Has knowledge of Elvish. Main weapon is the sword but also highly proficient with the bow.

Personality: very quiet and often sarcastic
Magic: none
Inventory: Elvish daggers(2) and bow. Ancestral Ring with green emeralds and an Ancestral sword. Also carries herbs and medicine for emergencies.

check this site out for your elven names: http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 03-12-2006 @ 05:36 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 12:54 PM EDT (US)     14 / 724  
EoJ, Cirdan and Spawn sink to the ground, laughing.
'well fought, and well met', said EoJ to the others. 'I will be glad to have you at my side!'

Seeing a newcomer comeing towards him, he puts away his sword, and walks towards him.
'Ah! An Elf!' Spawn cries.
'And we shall do well to be with him,' Kester replied.
'Good evening, stranger,' the Elf said. 'May I introduce myself, and travel with you?'
'Certainly,' replied EoJ.
' I am Aeneas, an Elf of Lothlorian and a former guard of Caras Galadhorn. I was sent by Celeborn to observe the events occuring around Middle Earth in the comeing war. I am skilled with the bow and glaive, and may prove to be a valuble asset to your company'
'You have arrived just in time, my friend,' EoJ said. 'We were just leaveing. Come! Let us go before our horses crop the paddock too much'

10 minutes later, EoJ, Kester, Spawn, Cirdan and Aeneas all ride out from Bree, galloping into the night.

We have left Bree Northwards, to go to the Ettenmoors via the realm of Arnor.

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-12-2006 @ 01:13 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     15 / 724  
The sun is now high. Fifth hour from daybreak, and the birds are up and about hunting for game. Interested, Aeneas2 looks up at these beautiful creatures flying hither and dither, diving often from the high silver clouds.

Suddenly something appears: a dark spot tearing through the white clouds; it comes crashing down faster than an arrow right where Aeneas2 is standing with his newly found friends. It grows as it approaches. Larger and larger, a great bird dashing through the air. And then it opens it's enormous wings and flaps, sending blasts of air down on the company.

Struck with wonder, they watch as the Great Eagle lands right beside them, and unmounts from its neck a man cloaked in evening blue, a tall white staff beside him, tipped with a bright blue crystal glaring in the sun. Quickly they proceed to meet this obviously powerful persona.

Name: Pulkit
Race: Maiar
Class: Istari/Wizard
Appearance: A young man of average height, dark hair, dark brown eyes; dressed in an evening blue cloak, with a white staff tipped with bright blue crystal
History: Known to have arrived from the Undying Lands, though when or for what purpose(s), no one knows
Personality: Commanding, brooding, wise, intimidating, yet intriguing
Magic: Controls a "pet" Eagle; most powers revolve around the atmosphere: tornados, wind, light, unexplainable forces of impact, and other such staff-induced wizardry
Inventory: White staff tipped with bright blue crystal, a sword long and sharp

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
posted 03-12-06 01:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 724  
Who is this? Wondered EoJ. He was obviusly an Istari, and a fairly high ranking one, too, judgeing by his cloak and staff. But why was he here? Why, of all people, was he with us?
The man spoke- 'Elessar Silimaurë, I have come to join you. For the good of Middle Earth.
EoJ looked around, confused. 'Who?'
'It is your elven name', the Istrai said. And in my opinion, it's a little better than being called 'EoJ''.
What a strange man... But how did he know his 'true' name, as his Father used to call it? He hadn't told it to anyone since the age of 15...

Very nice entery, Pulkit

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-12-2006 @ 01:50 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     17 / 724  
If it isn't too much trouble, I would like to change my name to Valandil.

"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz
posted 03-12-06 01:41 PM EDT (US)     18 / 724  
It's fine by me, just as long as you edit all the posts to fit your new name in.

posted 03-12-06 01:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 724  
Thank you.

posted 03-12-06 02:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 724  
Name:Alanil
Race:Elf
Class:Member of the Dunedain ranger party of Aragorn
Appearance: Will be posted later
History: Was born and raised in Rivendel but seeked for adventure
Personality: A nice and friendly guy
Inventory: Elven bow, elven sword, elven cape

<Add signature here>
posted 03-12-06 03:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 724  
The group of travellers are sitting in a glade having a chat when suddenly Valandil signals for them to be quiet.
'There is something circling the camp' he says in a hushed tone motioning to the right.
They sit in silence when suddenly out of the forest jump three wargs, now for a group of warriors and wizards they held no problem, but before they even had the chance to string an arrow all three wargs fell to the ground dead. As the travellers approach the wargs they see arrows sticking out of there bodies.
'These are elven' says Valandil.
'Dam the elf that did that i was looking fo a kill' shouts Spawn.
'That elf may still be out there' Valandil says in human language (sorry i dont know what it is called). 'Come out elf and meet us' Valandil says in elvish.
Out of the forest materialises an elf wearing a cloak.
He addresses the party in human 'I am Arthion I was dispatched by King Thranduil to hunt these wargs after they came into Mirkwood.'
'Then would you care to join us on our travelles (sp) for you are a fine shot' asks Elessar Silimaurë.
'Yes i shall.' Arthion whistles and out of the forest comes a lean black horse. 'This is Rilien.'

As the group has a chat with the new comer, Valandil pulls Pulkit aside. 'The new elf, his name means of royalty, ill talk to the rest of the group later.'
'You don't think?' Pulkit motions.
'We will have to wait and see, speak no more of this.'

Name: Arthion (means royalty)
Race: Eleven
Class: A noble of mirkwood
History: A memeber of the royal family in Mirkwood, he was despatched to go and kill the three wargs that left Mirkwood.
Apperance: Quite tall, just above 6ft, blond hair like the rest of the royal family in mirkwood, green eyes.
Personality: Very friendly but hols himself in high regard.
Magic: None apart from his cloaks ability to blend in with the surrondings.
Inventory: Eleven Bow, Eleven arrows, Eleven Blade, some healing herbs-Armour-light leather and a cloak.

|-LW-|
Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
that here, obedient to their laws, we lie
"If they want a war, we'll give them a war." -Master Chief
Rugby Season, 11 games, 9 wins
posted 03-12-06 04:33 PM EDT (US)     22 / 724  
"Thank you for your assistance, Arthion." says Valandil. "I am Valandil of Caras Galadhorn. This is Elessar Silimaurë (EoJ), who you have already met, Kestria, Spawn, Círdan Elendil, Pulkit, and Alanil." he continues. Do you have any news out of Mirkwood?"

[This message has been edited by Aeneas2 (edited 03-14-2006 @ 07:58 AM).]

posted 03-12-06 04:44 PM EDT (US)     23 / 724  
EoJ notices that Valandil and Pulkit are exchangeing looks with one another as Valandil talked to Arthion. He is wondering what does this mean, when suddenly Cirdan cuts Arthion off in midsentence-
'Wait here- I hear something', he hisses, as he darts into the trees.
Kester looks slightly nervosly at Pulkit, when suddenly cirdan runs back, an urgunt look on his face-
'Orcs! about 50 of them heading right this way!' he says.
'How far away?' said Valandil sharply.
'a league as crow flies. They'll be here in half an hour!'
EoJ turns to Spawn, 'Well, looks like you've got the battle you wanted.'
'But we are just 8, while they number 50 or more!'
'Don't worry', replied EoJ. 'We shall set an ambush...'
And as the sun set, EoJ laid out his plans...

Great so far, guys.
Oh, BTW, 'Human' language is called Commen speech, even though Rohan and Gondor have their own languages. Few men are educated in other nation's tounges as far as I know.

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 03-12-2006 @ 04:47 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 05:12 PM EDT (US)     24 / 724  
After the warg attack Cirdan pulls Alanil aside and asks, "Alanil, you say you are from Strider's party, right?"

"Yes" says Alanil

"So have you heard anything unusual in the past few days? I have been sent by Strider to gather verify rumours of strange creatures in the forests". Cirdan continues, "I fear that the wargs did not attack us to merely feed themselves, something more devious is at work here. I think we should expect more attacks"

"Yes, I feel so too" says Alanil, "The air has an evil stench to it. Much darker days are ahead of us."

Suddenly Cirdan picks up noise from a distant commotion of birds and senses a change in the wind... something familiar... he swiftly charges into the trees and climbs the tallest tree he could see. What he saw was really bad...

wasn't my post before yours? If someone could change the order because I wrote about events before post 23

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 03-12-2006 @ 05:20 PM).]

posted 03-12-06 05:57 PM EDT (US)     25 / 724  
Valandil and Arthion quickly climb onto a tall tree and nock their arrows.
While they do this, Círdan Elendil and Alanil hide in the thick grass near the base of the tree.
The other 4 members of the party take cover just outside the other side of the clearing.
The ambush is set.
Within a few minutes, the orcs begin to march into the clearing.

I hope no one minds that I controlled all of the characters there.

[This message has been edited by Aeneas2 (edited 03-12-2006 @ 06:33 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 29  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Fan Fiction and Art » Adventurer's corner- The Fellowship of the North- Book One
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames