Please login or register

Fan Fiction and Art
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The Crystal of Supremacy - Discussion Thread
posted 05-30-06 09:54 AM EDT (US)   

Hey there, and welcome to the discussion thread of 'The Crystal of Supremacy', a story slash history depiction of Sira, Realm of the Flames. The story thread is here, in case you're having trouble finding it.

I would like constructive criticism on my writing and the story. Of course, it's still a bit early to pass judgement on the story since I've only translated roughly 3-4 % of it (it was originally written in Swedish). Also, coming down on minor grammar errors is unwanted since I was never born an Englishman and will never be one either. However, if there's something you really don't understand, alert me and I'll do my best to explain it to you.

Lastly, I have tons of additional material related to Sira which I probably won't post in the story thread, so if you want to know more about a certain people/event/legend, feel free to ask and I'll post some stuff in this thread.

[This message has been edited by oliver (edited 02-05-2007 @ 01:55 PM).]

Replies:
posted 05-30-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)     1 / 20  
Haha, I'm stickied, yet no-one has replied to my post.
Nevertheless, thanks to whoever did this. I promise to continue the translation.
posted 05-30-06 11:39 PM EDT (US)     2 / 20  
I stickied you Oliver, your welcome.
I was not sure if you wanted people to actually interupt your story with their comments. You can make a discussion thread for this story for people to post in and it will maintain the story and keep it just for the story posts. Or you can request we post in here.

I personally like the discussion threads. It allows us to save your stories to the site with out all the comments. Eventually we may have an area that looks like this. All the storys in there are either solo or team written. But the discussion threads were seperate.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 05-31-2006 @ 00:50 AM).]

posted 05-31-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 20  
Aha, I understand. Tell you what, delete this message and the two above and I'll change the layout to fit with those at the page you linked to. I kinda like their style. If you guys like my stuff then perhaps I could create a discussion thread later.

Just hope people are actually reading this.

posted 05-31-06 01:32 PM EDT (US)     4 / 20  
Yep, we're reading it

I'm with Lady Arcola, though - I didn't want to mess up your thread. We can't delete posts, so why not turn this one into the discussion thread, and you copy your first post into an all-new story thread? We can change the thread subject title for this one.

.-°-.- Kester -.-°-.
-.-°-.- deviations .-°-. flickr .-°-. gamertag -.-°-.-
.-°-.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.-°-.
posted 05-31-06 11:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 20  
So, I suppose we can comment upon this now? In that case, I'd like to inform you that I've been reading your work (with a bowl full of olives), and it's amazing!

Tales of Middle-Earth | Don't miss it
posted 06-01-06 04:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20  
Good idea, Kester. Unsticky this and change the title to "The Crystal of Supremacy - Discussion Thread" or something like that, and I'll post a new story thread this afternoon. Think I'll change the layout a bit, now that HTML is activated.

Thanks Pulk. Being Indian, I'm sure you have noticed/will notice a few connections to Hindu religion and mythology, which I have done a lot of reseach in.

posted 06-02-06 01:15 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20  
Ofcourse, one of the three reasons why I like to read this stuff. The other being the awesomeness of the story, ofcourse.

The third is just 'cause its you!

posted 06-02-06 01:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20  
Yes, this is very good. However it ay be alittle to cosmic for my tastes. I don't think it all to necessary to reveal how the universe was created. You know, starting from the beginning. Too complicated. And yes, I am aware of Hindu mythos. Nice job though. I enjoy it.

There's a clatter at your house, an Orc is on your roof, Who you gonna call?

<Dugorim, your resident Orc Expert>

posted 06-02-06 01:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 20  
Haha, of course it is Darchot! The text I'm translating was purely written for myself as a complete cronological account of the history of Sira. This is not the actual novel you're reading, in fact we're still tens of thousand years from the events that take place in "The Cyrstal of Supremacy". Heck, I haven't even mentioned the crystal yet! The main reason I wrote this manuscript was to sort out all the thoughts in my head so I could contemplate on the story from a bird's perspective. Think of this as my own 'Silmarillion'...

Aww Pulkit, you're too cute! *hugz teh Pulk*

posted 06-02-06 04:07 PM EDT (US)     10 / 20  
AH!
Very good. I'll leave the TOTAL history of my world to speculation. ^_^ But for every race or such I'll be sure to detail every thought on the matter. Anyway I'm looking forward to ANY character developement heh

There's a clatter at your house, an Orc is on your roof, Who you gonna call?

<Dugorim, your resident Orc Expert>

posted 06-02-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     11 / 20  
It's a good story so far. I like it
*is inspired*
and that's the best compliment I give.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 06-09-06 01:35 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20  
More? (Has been waiting expectantly)

posted 06-09-06 09:17 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20  
Yes Oliver, we are reading and waiting, no pressure though, write when you can.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

posted 06-10-06 07:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20  
No worries, people, I will continue soon. Been busy practicing Mongolian throat-singing and other whacky stuff lately.

[This message has been edited by Oliver (edited 06-10-2006 @ 07:39 AM).]

posted 06-16-06 04:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 20  
Gah, I'm such a lazy bastard...
*starts writing*
posted 06-17-06 03:04 PM EDT (US)     16 / 20  
Yes you are... (Yay!)

posted 06-22-06 09:55 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20  
Yea! a new post by Oliver!

Seraph Lady Arcola

posted 06-23-06 11:20 AM EDT (US)     18 / 20  
That is just lovely! As we progress forward the thirst in me for more keeps on increasing! Your work is not only interesting and exotic, but also professional and readable as a book in itself! Good job, Oliver! Looking forward to the next part.

posted 07-06-06 07:44 AM EDT (US)     19 / 20  
'ello.

I'm on vacation for two weeks which is why I can't update. Be patient, fellers.

posted 02-04-07 04:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20  
Huzzah! Awinspireing, as usual

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 02-04-2007 @ 04:44 PM).]

Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Fan Fiction and Art » The Crystal of Supremacy - Discussion Thread
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames