Fan Fiction and Art
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Blatant

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Adventurer's Corner- The Oncoming Storm- Book Two
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 17  Next Page »
posted 07-22-06 12:30 PM EDT (US)   
Welcome to Adventurer's Corner, BFME2H's big story thread.
If you are a new writer comming into this story please post your description and idea of how you want to enter the story in the discussion thread. We will work you into the story from there. Thanks so very much.

Continuation of the Adventurer's Corner story, Book II.

The Discussion thread- a place to discuss where we are going, questions, suggestions, ETC. Also contains a feature called 'Frodo watch'- Where the fellowship of the ring is at the time- and where we are in middle earth.
Adventurer's Corner part 1- the Fellowship of the North- Part one of the Fellowship of the North's journey
Charecters
Posting Information:
Post all actions in the story in bold and all comments in normal text.
Sometimes the group will be spilt into 2, 3 or even 4 parts which will can make following the story hard, so when this happens the other group or groups will type in different colour from the main one. You shall be allocated your groups by either the person who split you from the rest of the group, or me

Current groups:
[bThe Black Hand is currently typed in Dark Red
No one is posting in Dark Blue
Characters Sobet and Flame are currently typed in Green
All others are typed in black.
Here is the code[c=dark blue] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark green] !!Text!! [/c]
[c=dark red] !!Text!! [/c]
It is also suggested that before you post something very long, put a post that says "I'm doing the next bit" or "typing..." and then edit it in later. That way it avoids simultaneous posting.

Joining:
When you want to join in make sure you read from the start so you get a good idea of what's going on, and then fill this out so we know about your character. Once this is done it will be added to the main post with the rest of them. Co-ordinate your entrance with the other writers in the discussion thread and post away!

Forum Name:
Name:
Class:
Appearance: Description or link to picture
History:
Personality:
Skills:
Magic: If any. Note, this is Tolkien, not Warhammer or somthing. Magic is seldom used, and also must be fairly small scale. I'm taking it on a case-by-case basis.
Inventory: IE Weapons, Armour, Rings and stuff, camping material, backpack to carry it all.

Descriptions for the Characters are in their own thread, maintained by Lady A

Let the journey continue.

*~*Voted best thread in the 1st Bi-annual BFME2H forum awards, 2006*~*
¦~*~Voted best thread in the 2nd Bi-annual BFME2H forum awards, 2007 ~*~¦

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 05-26-2007 @ 08:18 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08-13-06 11:14 AM EDT (US)     126 / 408  
Kamil please go to the disscussion thread there are some very important pointswe needto disscuss!
welcome to the AC!

Silence fell upon the fellowship of the north members.
Balain was conducting his dwarven cermony, using flame to send Bartoks body on its way.
Nomad was on one knee, his eyes closed his head down and a strange low chant coming from his soft yet hard voice.

Elessars eyes widened and he looked to the sky with a feeling of loss and anguish. Estrenton watched the others and fought back tears of his own, inside he was screaming. The cold air sat like a wall of ice upon their faces and the flames of Balains making did little to stiffle the cold.

Johnquill stood silent and rubbed the bridge of his hurt nose, if he was grieving he didnt show it.

Eruco walked slowly to Balains side and knelt before him. The young dwarf looked at the former elven lord and Eruco saw the fight to hold in the torment that Balain was going through. Beside the wraith lay Bartok's pack and Eruco leaned over and pulled from it the crown of Bartok.

He held forth the crown and looked into Balians eyes,

"it is your duty to take this crown and bring it glory as he did and you must return it to his people when the time comes. You must have strength and you must stand strong my friend."

Balain took the crown and his tears began to fall freely
the others turned and watched him. Eruco stood and began to sing in a mystical voice...

Cuio nin mellon casarinwa aran
fanya pígatha dan nangwë antorya
hen vasta Tenna omentuvalwë ata
hen alelenea methed hen alayávala Altarwa
broniatha Anar annar celich
Lanta i lómë, utúlielyë tiëo mettanna.
Cuio nin mellon casarinwa aran
Rato cenuvalyë sa ilyë caurelyar autuvar

Eruco felt his spirit die as he thought of the loss of his friend, he had come to save him and had died escaping that which he risked..to save the wraith. Eruco then saw the face of his son once more and felt pain so great..yet he felt a strength inside and looked up to the sky...

As Eruco sang the others listened and as Nomad began to chant along with the the wraith he walked along side him.
Eruco lifted his hands up and before them like a waterfall of memory Bartok stood in their vision. He was robed in kingly garments and his hair was clean and straight. He looked out at the fellowship with a wide smile all felt tears flow. Bartoks spirit watched them and glanced happily at each warrior and then he looked to an unseen sky and turned..The vision of Bartok Thunderdelve, king and mighty warrior passed away on a long journey.
The warriors watched as he strolled away into the distant sky of gold. They all bowed their heads as the vision faded and then Elessar spoke the words of Erucos song aloud..

Farewell dwarvish king,
white cloud will fade but victory
strengthens this alliance.
until we meet again
this starless end this
barren orchard will endure.
Sunlights a gift you carry
night is falling you have come
to journeys end.
Farewell dwarvish king,
soon all of your fears will pass away

Sorrow of Middle Earth

,;.,;.,;.Where is the horse and the rider?,;,;,;,

"If legends are eternal...then I am the father of eternity"

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 08-13-2006 @ 12:41 PM).]

posted 08-13-06 01:13 PM EDT (US)     127 / 408  
Edited to the discussion thread.

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-13-2006 @ 11:26 PM).]

posted 08-13-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     128 / 408  
Ikawi and Erucain emerged in a dark valley of trees far away from he orc breeding ground. Ikawi kicked a nearby log sending it crashing through the lower branches of a tall oak. Birds scattered at the sudden disturbance and Ikawi shot out in anger bursts of flame that engulfed the fleeing birds.

Erucain looked mournfully back toward the direction of the pits and collapsed to his knees. He felt such anger and was growing more and more regretfull by the second that the Nomad had stole his chance to kill his father.

Ikawi saw the elf drop and abandoned his cruel attack on the birds and walked over to him.

"I know the suffering you feel, do not worry. I will teach you what you need to know if you are to kill him, when we come across his wretched soul again" Ikawi said in a comforting voice.

Erucain did not see the callous smile across Ikawis face behind him.

"Come my boy, we go to Dol Guldor. I have friends there that will welcome you and together we will regroup our strength"

Erucain stood and felt a resolve so great that he barely even thought of anything else other than Erucos destruction. Ikawi smiled once more at the elf and then called out in a loud and long voice. His fell words sang across the air and from the grey sky above a black shape swooped down and coiled and turned until coming right in through the a gap in the trees.

Erucain looked upon the fellbeast and shuddered, Ikawi mounted the beast and motioned Erucain to follow.
The elf turned to look back through the trees toward the pits and felt hesitation whisper deep down inside.

"Come now!" Ikawi snapped "we have little time my boy" he continued in a softer tone. Erucain nodded and cautiously moved along side the beast and was hoisted up by Ikawi.

"When we next see those warriors they will be living thier last moments" Ikawi said in a menacing cold voice and then the beast powerfully lifted off and swept away over the mirkwood treetops.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 08-14-2006 @ 00:04 AM).]

posted 08-13-06 03:43 PM EDT (US)     129 / 408  

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-13-2006 @ 11:27 PM).]

posted 08-13-06 03:56 PM EDT (US)     130 / 408  

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-13-2006 @ 11:27 PM).]

posted 08-13-06 04:12 PM EDT (US)     131 / 408  
Writing. I will finish up soon, when I return from the shooting range. Please don't post!

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

posted 08-13-06 10:58 PM EDT (US)     132 / 408  
~*~Edit~*~

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-14-2006 @ 06:03 PM).]

posted 08-14-06 00:26 AM EDT (US)     133 / 408  
Ikawi swooped in close to the quiet trees of Mirkwood as he skimmed the leaves he saw in the distance the black stronghold that was his destination. His fellbeast perched itself on the roof of the stronghold Dol Guldur. His passenger was obviously uneasy as he was trembling a bit. Ikawi snapped, "Get down here boy."

The young Elf followed the blind Elf. Ikawi felt his way into the inside of the castle and made his way to a room they would be staying in. On their way to their lodging Erucain was constantly harassed by Orcs. They would reach out at them with their long blackish-green fingers and snort, "Hello pretty!" or "You look delicious!" Without a doubt these Orcs were different than the common Orcs.

The room the two would be staying in was just a box basically. It had black floors, walls, and ceilings with no windows. It had no beds or any furniture at all, it was as empty as could be. While Ikawi found this comforting Erucain disliked it.

After settling in Ikawi said, "Boy stay here, I need to talk to someone." Erucain obeyed and Ikawi departed the room. He scanned his surroundings with his mind and painted a picture into his mind of the hallway he was in. He went down and made his way to the throne room. The throne was empty except for one mean looking Orc with a necklace of human teeth. In the Black Tongue Ikawi said, "Where is Khamûl?"

The Orc replied, "He is away on business Ikawi."

The Blind One nodded and said, "The breeding pit?" Ikawi felt the air disturbed by the Orc's head when he nodded in confirmation.

Ikawi asked another question, "Is he actually fighting the battle?"

The Orc replied, "I don't know whether he is fighting or guiding, he did not say and I do not ask."

Ikawi nodded and left the nasty being to return to Erucain. Ikawi opened the door to Erucain and snapped, "Come on."

Erucain got up and walked to him, "Where are we going?"

Ikawi said, "Down..." Erucain wondered what that meant, but out of fear he dared not to ask. Erucain watched the Blind One and wondered how he could maneuver and navigate the way he did, it seemed he had more grace than a person who had their eyes. He even descended stairs as if it were natural.

After a few minutes of walking they were halted by a large iron door with two Orc guards. Ikawi commanded to the Orcs in a language Erucain did not understand, "Open the door and stand aside."

One Orc snarled in the same foul language, "Who are you to tell us what to do?"

Ikawi turned to Erucain and said in Quenya, "Kill the Orc on the right.. Make it fast."

Erucain replied, "Why? They have not harmed me.."

Ikawi retorted, "Erucain if you wish to wield the tools needed to kill your father, you need to make your heart cold! Now go! Kill him!"

Erucain reluctantly stepped forward and drew a dagger. With one quick slice he slit the throat of the Orc who opposed Ikawi. He fell down and died in a gargle.

Erucain instantly felt remorse. 'What have I done? He did nothing to me, thought Erucain. Then Ikawi pushed his mind into thinking, 'Yes he did, he is an Orc. He deserved it!

The remaining Orc gladly stepped aside and permitted them entrance.

Erucain finally mustered the courage to ask, "Where are we going?"

Ikawi said, "To the Dungeons of Dul Guldur."

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)
2.Last of the Istari(Abandoned)

Proud Recipient of the Tolkien Award

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 08-14-2006 @ 00:46 AM).]

posted 08-14-06 06:26 AM EDT (US)     134 / 408  
The party above the ground engaged in battle with the orcs. Valandil shot an arrow into the neck of an orc. The orc screamed in agony as it fell to its death. Kestria plunged her sword into the back of an orc. The sword pierced through its flesh and came out of its chest. Kestria quickly took the sword out of the orc, which dropped immediatly onto the ground.

Flame jumped in the air with his longsword coming down on an orc. The sword cut his body into two. Flame quickly turned round and horrizontally slashed the body of another orc so that his legs and his top body were like two seperate beings.

Rainas sword swiped an orc's head clean off. Then she chopped off another orc's head which flew into another orc, knocking it to the ground.

One bear used its claws to rip out an orc's intestenes. The other crushed an orc to its death.

One by one, the orcs' number decreased until the last foul orc dropped dead. It lasted 15 minutes, but it felt like 15 hours.

The bears started growling - not in an angry sort of way, but in a soft, smooth voice, like a cat purring when it is stroked.

'I think they are saying thankyou', said kestria to the others.

'How could you possibly know that', replied Flame sharply, ' they're nothing more than dumb animals, they can't understand any of this'.

'I can just feel it inside of me', said Kestria, ; I just know that they are saying that, I know it.'

'It's getting dark, lets make camp here,' said Valandil to the others. 'Someone start a fire, and Raina, you'll be fist to keep watch, then it'll be you Kestria, then Flame, and then me.'

It was the middle of the night. It was silent. Dead slient. Not a hoot or an owl or a howl of a wolf. Not even a chirp of a cricket. It was Flames turn to keep watch. He stood infront of the fire, eyes half open. He did not get enough sleep and he was extremely tired. He then changed front a standing position to a sitting position. He used his index fingers and thumbs to keep his eyes wide open. He couldn't think about anything else but sleep. Slowly, his eye lid moved furter and further down. He couldn't resist. Soon his eyes were completely closed and he was fast asleep.

A single orc, an assasin crept out of the bushes. he was armed with a single dagger. This orc was sent on a mission to specifically kill the child.

He slowly crept upto the child and just manage to not make a sound. He looked round to check if anyone was awake. They were all fast asleep. Not one of them would be able to save the infact now.

The orc drew his dagger and was about to slit the child's throat when an arrow flew out from the trees and entered the orc's heart. The foul beast fell down onto the child. Dead. The child awoke. The orc's dead face was staring at the child. The child screamed. Everyone awoke.

From the corner of her eye, Kestria saw a glimpse of a shadowy figure lurking in the trees. The next second, it was gone.

'Whats happened?', shouted Flame, examining the dead body.

Kestria spoke,'An orc was about to attack him when someone shot an arrow at the creature and killed it'.

'What did he look like?', asked Valandil.

' I don't really know', replied Kestria,' he wore a hood and wore a black cloak.'

'The Lone Archer' said Valandil. The words crept out of his mouth. 'I thought he was just a legend, but it turns out he's for real.'

'The Lone Archer?', asked Kestria in a puzzled voice.

'Legend says that he was raised by an elf and mastered the art of archery at an early age.', said Valandil,'It also says that he saved a village from an army of savage orcs.'

Scrat Master
BFME2H Replay Reviewer

DO NOT CLICK

[This message has been edited by Scrat Master (edited 08-14-2006 @ 02:27 PM).]

posted 08-14-06 08:51 AM EDT (US)     135 / 408  
This starts a day after Arthion left the fellowship after delivering the falcon. Ill do some character descriptions in this post.

Arthion sat in the halls with his four friends, he had left the quiet elf with the fellowship, Arthion did not like the character, the way the elf held himself, Arthion had never sensed such a past in his life.

'Arthion, Arthion'whispered Anira into his ear, Arthion came out of his deep thoughts.
'Yes Anria, sorry I was lost within my mind'Arthion spoke to the female elf, she was like the rest of his friends of the first scouting company, among the best in Mirkwood. She was blond and strikingly beautiful, being about 6ft, a soft and kind voice.
'We were discussing about whether we should go out today into the woods, possibaly go for a ride and not on foot.'Arthion looked at his friends and saw them noding as to say yes.
'Go on then, its time that I took Thalion out for a ride, he needs to be trained and strengthed for any future rides.

Arthion walked to the stables to collect his horse, its starking white colour sticking out among his friends jet black horses, the usual type rode by the elves of mirkood.
They trotted out of the gates, they'd decided to go to a local spring, it was half a day ride at a slow pace which is what they were planning to do.
As they rode down the well trodden path they spoke farewells and shouts to the elves of mirkwood. They looked quite meancing for they all wore dark leathers, this was to decrease the chance of getting spotted, Arthion thought that he must looking quite meancing a dark character on a white horse, like a wraith.

As they rode through the glades Arthion took his time to study the forest in its tainted manor, the trees were dark and gloomy, Arthion thought it was such a pity, once such a beautiful forest,maybe it would gain back its glory once the darkness had passed, his friends would contribute to that, he was sad to have left the fellowship, they were good friends and if they ever needed his help he would ride hard and fast to help them, hopefully that would never happen but in case it did he would train to become as skillful as his cousin, then he would really be a prince of mirkwood.

During the ride he talked with all the members of his little group until they arrived at the spring, it was a beautiful place, being one of the places that was not tainted by darkness, they set up camp, they would head back the next day.

|-LW-|
Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by,
that here, obedient to their laws, we lie
"If they want a war, we'll give them a war." -Master Chief
Rugby Season, 11 games, 9 wins

[This message has been edited by L0rd WolF (edited 08-14-2006 @ 10:15 AM).]

posted 08-14-06 12:32 PM EDT (US)     136 / 408  
The throbbing pain would not stop. It was like a fire eternally blazing amidst the nostrils of the beorning. Though if the best a troll could do was break Johnquill's nose, he knew he could take one down.

"My nose. It pains to the greatest extent." mumbled Johnquill. Some people laughed at unseen humor in his comment. While scowling playfully at those who did, the Father Falcon flew down and landed on Johnquill's shoulder.

"I am glad that you have survived through this terrible ordeal, Bvarn. You have thrived with these individuals for long enough; I think it time to tell them the truth of your history," spoke the Father Falcon in the animal tongue, and to Johnquill's surprise, used his real name Bvarn. It had been over a thousand years before anyone had spoke Johnquill's true name.

"I fear you are right, Askra," Johnquill spoke using the real name of the falcon, as he had done with Johnquill. "The time to reveal who I really am has come."

Slowly Johnquill waited, thinking of how he should explain his true history, while Bartok's pyre glew radiant. Finally his words were chosen.

"I have an announcement to make to all of you," Johnquill said loudly, gathering the attention of the fellowship. "The beorning you look at now is not really who he told you to be. I am far older than all of you think. Far older than most of you. I am many thousands of years old. When the Valar created Middle-earth, I was of the the first of my kind to be put on this land. I watched as the various ages went by, the first, second, and now the third. Until recently, around 600 years ago, did I take up the name Johnquill. But my real name is Bvarn. That was the name the Valar gave me. And my falcon, here, his real name is Askra.

Now, the truth of how I got the falcons is much different than what I told you all. When I was put on this land, only days after its creation, the Valar gave me this family of falcons to watch over. They said they will help me during my travels in Middle-earth. And so that was.

And how I met Radagast is a different tale in itself. I met Radagast the Brown about 2,000 years ago. My falcons saved him from an untimely death that I will speak no more of. And since that day, so many years ago, we have been friends."

The expressions on the fellowship quickly changed. They were shocked. Here they listened to one of the oldest creatures on Middle-earth. "Why you lie to us before?" yelled out Scar.

Johnquill's expression also changed. It was a shameful one. "I'm sorry. I should've told you all from the start. But I thought you would be too intimidated, conversing and living around an individual from the creation of Middle-earth. Now you know who I really am. You can all still call me Johnquill, though. That is all." The shameful expression stayed solid on Johnquill's face, though he wad done with his lecture. Still, everyone looked amazed.

Johnquill, or Bvarn at that, was one of the oldest creatures on this world.

׺°˜`°º×ALL HAIL THE UNCLELAND!׺°˜`°º×[/ind]\

[ind]Help to reveal the Dumbo Conspiracy to the World!

posted 08-14-06 02:48 PM EDT (US)     137 / 408  
This happens while the war wagon group are fighting orcs

Learin dragged another orc arrow from the ground, checking the head for hints of poison, to put on his arrows, just to give them that extra kick.

He had stayed behind when the others split into two groups, one for the breeding pit, the other to go to Mirkwood, and meet with the others later, along with a few vials of orcish poison.

The arrow gleamed a bit, there wasn't much poison left on , most of it had flowed into the ground, over the time the arrow had been in the ground. He scraped his dagger along the metal head, gathering up th syrup like liquid, stupid orcs couldn't make proper poison, it always sat thickly on the head, coming of in large dollops during the arrows flight, proper poison, would stick to the arrow head, and then when heated to about the temperature of a human, it would turn to liquid very fast, and flow into the bloodstream, but it worked slowly. The orcish poison had one thing to its credit then, it worked within about two minutes, faster if the target exerted themselves.

The last of the poison dripped off the point of the dagger, dropping into the large topped vial, big enough to have an arrow head dipped int the liquid within. He had filled all 12 of his vials, enough for about two hundred arrows, if used sparingly, one hundred if put generously upon the arrow heads.

Learin looked up at the sky, noticing that quite a large, black cloud had moved itself over the clearing.
"oh great, rain"
A second later, a sheet of rain crashed down around him, great big dollops of water exploding around him. He sighed, and heard a yowl, quite close actually, he turned to the direction of the noise, and stiffened immediatley, twenty-something wargs stood about a hundred yards away, he took his bow off his back, and took out one of his newly filled vials, flicking out the cork, he dunked in the first of his arrows, covering it in the poison, he was downwind of the wargs, so they hadn't noticed him...yet.

A shaft flew throug the air, slamming into the first wargs neck, if it had a rider, it would of known where the attacker stood, but it had rubbish eyesight, relying on its nose to find enemies, and prey. It had however shaken off its rider, and killed it, as had the rest of the wargs there, It stood there for about a minute, sniffing the air for the scent of its attacker, but to no avail.

Learin looked at the wargs, stringing nother arrow to his longbow, to put another shaft in the second warg, he was beginning to think the poison didn't work on animals, but perhaps it took longer to take effect. He prayed it was the latter.

He shivered as he felt the wind in his face, the second shaft was heading for the second warg,and he was poisoning another. it wasn't until he shivered again that he realised why the wind was on his face, The wind had shifted! The wargs had started to move, smelling human, the first to move slumped, and began to spasm, the poison finally taking effect, the second warg fell, moments later, and went into the same routine as the other.

Learin loosed his third shaft into the charging wargs, the shaft going straight throught the wargs mouth, and finding itself in between the eyes of a second, both died, lef with poison in them.

Learin turned and ran, he had about fifty yards to the the trees, where he had a chance, howevever slim, of loosing the wargs.

He had manage to lose all the wargs, but this one had followed him all the way, the rain had stopped hours ago, leaving the ground muddy in its wake.

Learin drew both his daggers, and turned around to face his persuer, he had stopped in a small clearing, about thirty yards wide, the setting sun turned everything red.

the warg kept running, charging at learin, mouth sending saliva flying everywhere, Learin ran at the warg, and a few feet before reaching it, he jumped, turning upside down exactly where the warg stood, wondering where its prey had went, he was close enough to its back, to put a dagger in hilt deep, so he did, Putting both daggers into the wargs back, he kept hold of the g=daggers, and very suddenly fount himself riding a warg, and the warg didnt like him for it, it started to run aroound the clearing, trying everthing to get the human off its back.

Learin cursed, he had expcted his poisoned daggers to work faster, he couldn't hold on much longer, and when he was thrown off, the warg would kill him, He dragged one of his daggers out, and holding on to the other as best he could, wrapped his arm round the wargsneck, the warg dislikied this more than being rode, and started to get very desperate to get rid of the human off its back. Only to die moments after going crazy with despair, a dagger in its throat.

Learin wiped both his daggers on the grass, removing the blood, and sliiped them back into their sheaths, if he was right, there was a road about three miles ahead, one which the war wagon should be trundling along, he should probably be abe to find its tracks, and follow them to the camp.

in the background, the sun dissapeared under the horizon, covering everything in darkness, within a few minutess, a half moon rose, casting an eery silver light over everything.

[This message has been edited by Eragon (edited 08-15-2006 @ 08:30 AM).]

posted 08-14-06 06:02 PM EDT (US)     138 / 408  
The night passed slowly from then on. Raina would not put the tiny child down but held him close to her heart all the rest of the night. Tears would spill as she fought off anger and frustration. Deep bone jarring shivers shook her slender frame. She fought off yawns and eye watering waves of sleep kept trying to claim her mind and body.

But the awful thought of the Orc laying on the infant kept flashing across her eyes like a vision that would not shut off, it in turn fused with the vision of Eruco as it kept intercepting the one of the infant.
By daybreak Raina looked like a wraith her self…. Her cold hand slipped up to her amulet and she whispered for Eruco as the rain of the night before froze into snow.

Kestria and Valandil worriedly watched her. Silently they packed up what little they had a began to prepare to move on. Tathar had made it through the night and was improving.

His eyes opened and he looked at the small group standing by him. A smile spilled across his tired face.
Raina let go of her grip on the boy to reach down and squeeze his hand. A slight smile crept through her cold lips. And her blue eyes still carried the look of kindness.

Sudendly Flame heard a twig snap. They froze as Learin walked into their midst’s.Fear quickly changed to smiles as they welcomed him back into the group.

Where have you been Learin?” Spawn asked.

A few hours behind….. I don’t think in the hurry to leave that I was missed. I didn’t realize I was lost until it became clear I had lost the ones going into the pit. I don’t think in their hurry they missed me as they may have thought I was with you. So I came after you.” A sheepish smile spilled across his features. The others smiled in acknowledgement.

We must hasten on, we have Orcs aware of our party it won’t be long before the come after us again. Solemnly he turned to go. The others quickly followed Valandil.

An hour of silent travel passed, the infant was beginning to wake and squirm in Raina’s arms. Realizing he would need to eat soon Raina shifted on her horse to get to her pack looking for lembas to console the tiny child with.
With her gaze distracted she did not see the bend in the path or the orc camp that was just beyond it.

Seraph Lady Arcola

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 08-15-2006 @ 11:43 PM).]

posted 08-14-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     139 / 408  
With the departure of Nomad, Sobet, Felanil, Pulkit, and Scar were left to themselves in the darkened tunnnels. After an hour of walking, trying to find even a hint of an exit, Sobet turned on Scar, "You came from underground, don't you know any way to get out of here!"

Scar's look told him he was confused and a little hurt at the hobbit's outbreak. Sobet sighed and started to apologize, but Felanil did it for him. "Sobet's sorry Scar, this cave just probably reminds him of a... dungeon." Sobet gave a brief smile at Felanil, glad he was keeping his secret so far. Scar grinned and gave a laugh, "Scar gets it now, friend Sobet is afraid of the dark!"

Sobet groaned, but tuurned to the uruk and said in a forced tone, "Yes Scar, I am afraid of the dark." Scar came over and patted Sobet on the head, "That okay, Scar afraid heights." With the mood more or less stabalized, the four proceeded to walking again, and some time later, they began to see a faint light illuminating the caverns of the breeding pit. Pulkit gave a small sigh of satisfaction at having almost found the exit.

The mood was light-hearted and they started talking about how they were much more lucky than probably other members of the Fellowship, having made it out without any skirmish with orcs. They all stopped when they saw the one figure standing in the middle of a large cavern. A horned helmet and chainmail adroned him, and he held a large claymore in his hands. A twisted smile was plastered on his face, and in the dim light, he looked like he was some sort of demon.

Sobet's breath caught in his throat and he whispered, "Odrubal..." Scar obviously saw his master's anxiety and drew his blade running forward. "Scar," Sobet yelled after him, "No!" The uruk roared and came in swinging his blade down, but Odrubal expertly parried the blow low, unbending his knees and springing up, his greatsword coming upat Scar's throat. Scar dodged aside and lashed out with a horizontal slash, but the orc shaman smashed his sword into Scar's and brought it out wide to his right. Scar looked at the blades out wide, his uruk mind frantically trying to puzzle together what wwas happening. The weapons wer both out there, each one locked with eachother in a contest of strength, both of his hands were.. but wait! Where was the strange orc's other hand?

Scar turned his head to look at Odrubal just in time to see the Shaman swing his fist, catching Scar in the jaw. At first Sobet thought the blow hadn't done anything, but then Scar lurched backwards a step, then another, after a few backwards paces, Scar fell to one knee and bowed his head, spitting out a mouth ful of blood and two teeth. Another mouthful followed and another. Scar seemed to be strangely weakened in one punch. Magic Sobet thought, even though Odrubal was the magically weakest of the five shamen, Sobet stil knew he had potenet powers.

"Scar Seregon," Sobet yelled, "stand down!" Scar growled and shook his head, "He might hurt master Sobet." Sobet continued like he hadn't heard Scar, "You swore allegiance to Eruco and I underneath Erebor, Scar Seregon, now act upon that and stand down!" Scar wearily dragged himself to his feet and stepped back to where Sobet, Felanil, and Pulkit still stood. Surpriisngly, Odrubal hadn't finished off Scar or pursued.

"I only come to deliver a message Annointed Blade," Sobet's grip tightened on his throwing dagger as Odrubal used the name the Shamen called him when he was their magically bound captive. "The SHamen are out for vengeance against you Sobet, and all those that stand with you will die alongside you." With that in a flash of light, Odrubal was gone, and only the labored breathing of Scar broke the silence in the chamber.

Cosmopolitan? Check.

[This message has been edited by Yamato Take (edited 08-14-2006 @ 10:25 PM).]

posted 08-15-06 10:52 AM EDT (US)     140 / 408  
Writing on behalf of EoJ

Elessar looked away from Johnquill or Bvarn to be more exact. He let his mind wander instantly away from the agony of the death of Bartok. Bvarn had chosen to reveal his true self to the others, perhaps in an attepmt to lessen the dark feeling in their group.

Elessar watched as a lone bird glided away into the distance
and he closed his eyes. The voices of his friends faded, and into his minds eye flowed a vision.

He was walking through the streets of the white city. Young and foolish he seemed then. Without the cares and responsibilities he holds now. There was laughter and the sound of voices that had no hint of fear or terror as in so many voices he heard in these dark times.

Ahead he saw a beautiful sight, a sight that made his heart lift and sing. A girl carrying a basket of flowers skipped toward him. She seemed to be day dreaming as she walked along and was singing in a sweet voice, Elessar froze.

The girl danced along and then as she noticed Elessar stood before her she stopped. The young ranger tried so very had to speak but he could not. She smiled and took a flower from her basket and put it in Elessars hair.
The two young people stood smiling at one another and time just stood still, no other voices were heard and no other faces were seen, they each gazed into one anothers eyes.

Elessar was brought back to the present by the voices of the others, Eruco was silent however and sat with his head in his hands. The others were disscussing the next course of action. As the leader of the fellowship Elessar should have taken charge, he should have spoke up and made a decision on what to do. But the ranger looked back to the sky where the lone bird had flown. The sky grew dark and grey and distant thunder rumbled along slowly, small fresh rain drops began to ease down upon them.

Elessars mind began once more to wander but this time he did not see such a pleasant vision. He did however see the face of the girl once more....

She was crying and looking at him with sad eyes. Elessar sat atop a horse at the gates of minis tirith and looked coldly toward the girl...

The words Elessar spoke to her that day echoed through his mind as the vision of her saddness came to him

"I will not return soon, your life is not the path I take, my life is not the path you seek, go now and forget about me. I cannot and will not think of you again"

As those words crashed through his mind he saw the heartbreak upon the girls face and felt the anger inside at himself. He watched the vision of her as she ran away from him. It was the last time he ahd ever seen the girl.

Elessar completly snapped out of his day dream and felt heavy rain now falling, he turned to see the other warriors still disscussing what to do, and Eruco still sat pitched forward, head in hands.

The captain and leader of the fellowship took a deep breath and tried to block the image of the girl from his mind, a task he had to do so very much.

Elessar walked into the centre of the group and prepared to speak..

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 08-15-2006 @ 11:36 AM).]

posted 08-15-06 05:26 PM EDT (US)     141 / 408  
As Odrubal vanished, Sobet hung his head low, and the others noted the sorrow on his face. Sobet shook off the melancholy, and headed towards the light. As he emerged into the sunlight, he let the warmth wash over his face, and it burned away the sense of dread he felt. The others exited the tunnel behind him and they turned to the left and the right trying to gain their bearings.

They could see the edge of the Mirkwood, but had no idea where their allies were. After a few moments debate, the party marched towards the woods to alert the elves to the dire situtation forming on their flank.

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.
posted 08-15-06 07:13 PM EDT (US)     142 / 408  
Ikawi and his apprentice stepped forward and crossed the line into the dungeons of Dol Guldur. There was one long flight of stairs down that was greeted by a long corridor, dimly lit, with rows of cells on each side.

Erucain looked from side to side and saw several beings that he could not identify. They were tortured and beaten to the point where they were no longer a race, they just existed. One being that Erucain thought was formerly an Elf reached forward with his rotting arm.

The arm was wrapped around Erucain's neck and it pulled him closer to the prisoner. The prisoner's face was horrid, it was missing one eye due to his eye socket being beat in. His jaw was permanently broken and everything else was either broken or bruised. His broken mouth managed to speak, "Help me."

When these words were spoken an Orc guard instantly appeared and slammed a metal rod into the prisoners face, knocking him backwards and spraying blood on the floor. The prisoner let out a soft cry and then the cell door opened immediately followed by the guard who rushed into the cell. He began to beat the defenseless being.

Erucain tried to hide his eyes but Ikawi grabbed his hands and made him watch the ruthless beating. Erucain watched it all, the blood spray from the strikes, the horrible screams that split the musty air in the dungeon... Then the most horrible thing happened, he watched, as if in slow motion, the metal club come down upon the prisoner's head. Erucain was forced to watch the poor being's skull cave in due to the club, he saw the last moments of the being and his eyes roll back into his head.

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 08-15-2006 @ 07:23 PM).]

posted 08-15-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     143 / 408  
please read lady arcolas edited post above before this please

Eruco sat in such pain. Darkness bit into his wretched soul and he felt as if all his days of pain had come back at once. Images of death and suffering and words of evil malice scattered around in his thoughts.

Perhaps he was wrong to attempt to gain his elven grace, perhaps Erucain was right. Maybe he was an evil being and maybe he did deserve death.

The others stood and whispered about the wraith
"perhaps we should get moving now if we move through the night it holds danger yes but at least if were moving he may snap out of this, with something to occupy his mind"
Estrenton suggested.
Elessar looked at the elf and thought about this move. Bvarn spoke before the ranger had a chance to answer "we are in peril and we have no idea if our friends are in even more danger, why concern ourself with him" the beorning said loudly.

Elessar looked across and noticed the wraith did not flinch, if he had heard the beorning he did not show it.

"Your compasion for the others fails to overshadow that which you lack for our friend Eruco" Estrenton said glaring at Bvarn. Elessar sighed "come now, let us think of the action we will take". Balain and Nomad remained silent, content for the others to decide the course of action.

Eruco felt something creeping slowly from deep inside as he sat in sorrow. A slight whisper, faded and rose to and fro within his minds eye and he felt his heart beat quicken as he focused on the feeling.

The night now was dark and Elessar looked to the faces of his friends "we stay, we will move in the morning. Others may find their way to us here" and with that he walked over and sat beside Eruco, but he did not speak he merely sat and let Eruco feel the presence of his friendship.
Balain and Estrenton followed and they too sat around the wraith. Nomad looked at Bvarn and then went to sit with the others in a rare moment of fellowship for Nomad he was part of the group. Bvarn laughed quietly and snorted out "we all have troubles, perhaps the wraith is better off in the clutches of the enemy that way at least he can be at home with the scum" the beornings words were met by ferocious looks from the others. But Eruco did not respond, still he sat with his head down.

After an hour or so the warriors were starting to think about setting a watch and getting some rest. Balian stood first and stretched. Eruco was still searching his inner soul for the source of the faint whisper, suddenly he had it and it became a great shout of love and of need. Eruco leaped to his feet "Raina!!" he cried. The others leaped up also with a start, all except Nomad who merely glanced up.

"What is it Eruco?" Elessar asked Eruco seemed to be experiencing a vision and did not answer. Finaly he turned to the leader "I must leave at once they are in trouble i have to get to her!" he yelled and before the others had a chance to answer he ran off at speed dissapearing into the distant dark shadows of the forest.

Like an endless wind Eruco the silver wraith passed through the night. Mile after mile his speed increased and the thought of Raina in peril fed his will and endurance and he thought not of his son.

The morning had dawned and Raina looked up to notice she had unwittingly brought her group bang into an orc camp. The very enemy that they fled was now before them and there was no hope of escape. Raina turned with a look of such intensity that when the others saw they too looked forward and realised their plight.

Valandil was first to react, as the orc horns blew he ran forth and his bow sang. Flame roared in with a furious battle cry and unleashed a savage storm of strength against the vast group of orcs. Raina backed off and Kestria joined her side, the pair were thinking of the child and of escape even as the orc horn blasted cruely into the morning air. The strange dark elf ,who had remained at their side, surged forward and his bow too sang wildly.

Soon they were surrounded, Kestria was suddenly drawn away from Raina as five orcs flanked her, the shield maiden of Rohan gave a yell as she let her sword meet the orcs. Raina held her blade ready and as the orcs turned on her she hit out with blow after blow. She did not notice the orc commander emerge behind her, the orc swung his blade and at the very moment it would have struck her, she was saved, the sound of blade on blade so close made her twist fast and she saw as Tathar, who remained badly injured but strong enough to fight, block the orc commanders blade.

An hour past and the fight was taking its toll, they managed to break out of the rear of the camp but still they were assailed by the orcs. Raina could not now see Valandil or Flame,and she heard not the bow of the dark elf. Kestria had pulled Tathar away from the fight and the pair had collapsed into a wrecked heap but were hidden from view by the foliage.

Raina suddenly was faced with a group of ten or so orcs and she felt her spirit fade. The baby was clutching so tight to her and she found herself falling back in fatigue, she willed her self to stand but the strength wouldnt come. Suddenly an orc boot slammed down onto her. It was the orc commander from earlier. The commander smiled down as he held her to the floor with his foot and as a second orc joined him he leaned down and grabbed the baby from her carrier. She struggled in a frantic panic to stop them but she could not resist the orcs strength so tired as she now was.

The orcs all laughed as the two at the front held the baby and Raina "Well well, got ourselves a nice man child. Oh we will eat well today!" the orc snarled in a voice almost as ugly as his appearence "then when weve feasted on this one we will take this pretty lady and we will feast some more!" The second orc laughed loudly but no laughs came from the orcs that had stood seconds ago behind them, suddenly its laugh became gargled and Raina watched as its eyes blackend and then it was tossed aside. The orc commander turned to see that instead of his commpanions Eruco stood there in all his glory and in his hand his silver longsword shone, behind him the orcs lay dead.

The orc commander stood stunned and looked to the floor where the body of the other orc now lay. Eruco silently held out his hand and the orc obediantly handed over the baby. The fell creature looked on at the wraith with uncertain eyes. Eruco glared back and then like lighting striking, his blade came down upon the orc.

Raina looked up and sighed heavily, Eruco offered his hand and she took it. He pulled her to her feet and she sank into his arms. The baby giggled and cooed and the three stood in happy silence.

Valandil and Flame along with dark archer stood smiling as they found Eruco holding Raina and the child.
On the other side of the camp Kestria and Tathar climbed up out of the bushes and headed toward the others.

"Good timing Eruco" Valandil stated

"when you approached we were able to push back and cut off the last orcs and we soon defeated them, when they saw you coming they must have thought the whole fellowship of the north was about to emerge from the trees!" Flame added laughing. The dark archer looked at the pile of corpses Eruco had created and nodded in respect when he caught the wraiths eye.

Raina looked up to Eruco and smiled
"I knew you would find me" she said soflty. He rested his head against hers and she sensed instantly that he was not all well. But she said no words of hurt instead she let her smile rise and she looked deep into Erucos eyes. He looked back with such love and relief that she could feel it like a hot sun upon her.

The baby began to make loud happy noises
"surely now you have a name for him Eruco" Raina said
and the others looked over to hear what his answer would be, "yes I do" he said simply.

He looked gravely at them all in turn and then turned and looked at the baby, "I shall name him Bartok".

As the words left Eruco's mouth the members of the fellowship knew that Bartok had passed away and silence fell upon them.

Sorrow of Middle Earth

[This message has been edited by Eruco Elessar (edited 08-16-2006 @ 09:54 AM).]

posted 08-16-06 10:49 AM EDT (US)     144 / 408  
Ikawi knelt down and grasped his chest. His heart was beating so hard it felt as if it would explode. He was experiencing magical recoil. He was living, or dying rather, on borrowed time and his time was running short. The pain ceased for a split second then his stomach began contracting and expanding too fast for him to comprehend. He let out a scream and Erucain said, "Are you okay?" He stretched out a hand to help his Master.

Ikawi screeched, "Don't touch me!" His eyes emitted a black mist as he screamed in pain. He fell down and began squirming due to the recoil. His hands clinked due to the chains he still wore around his wrists. Ikawi's mouth opened wide and a screech erupted, splitting the sound barrier and eardrums if the ears aren't protected. Luckily Erucain covered his sensitive Elven ears.

His face began to shift and morph into something undescribeable. Then it simply all went away and he returned to his former self. Ikawi slowly rose and said unto Erucain, "Go to your quarters and do not come out unless I say!" Erucain obeyed.

Ikawi needed time to think so he left the fortress and walked to a little grove of trees nearby and he sat down in a small pond. The water was crystal clear and cold as ice. When he sat in it the water turned black and the water got hot. He tainted that pond forever...

Currently Writing
1.Rumgums (Abandoned)

[This message has been edited by Boddah (edited 08-16-2006 @ 11:02 AM).]

posted 08-16-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     145 / 408  
After Eruco had run off, Elesser, Nomad, Estrenton, Balain, and Bvarn quickly broke camp and pursued him. Although, Bvarn seemed in little hurry to move speedily.

Once on the road, all but Bvarn ran as quickly as they could in a vain attempt to keep up with the missing wraith. Today had already cost them far too much for them to lose another ally. Hours passed, and Bvarn was still lagging behind. He stopped every few feet and picked herbs, or examined wildlife. Just enough to slow the party down a small fraction every few minutes.

Finally, Bvarn stopped and was examining something that was sticking out from under a bush. He reached down, and found it was an ancient dagger in a golden sheath. He recognized a makers-mark from the second age, but neither the blade of scabbard showed any tarnish from the the weather. Bvarn smiled at his luck, tucked the dagger into his belt, and turned to rise. His face was met by the gauntleted hand of Balain. His metal glove slammed into the beornlings broken nose, and he screamed in agony. Tears rolled uncontrollable down his cheeks, adn his temper flared.

"Why in the Hell did you do that?" Bvarn roared, starting to his feet.

Balain shoved him back down roughly. "I don't give a halfling's hairy foot about how old you are, or what respect you think you deserve. This Fellowship is about working together and carrying for one another. If you can't get your ass in gear to help our friends, then take your bear-changing hide into the woods, before I make you into a rug!"

Without another word, Balain turned and ran after the others. In the shadow of the Mirkwood trees, Nomad smiled to see Bvarn put in his place. As the beornling rose to his feet, and sat his hand upon his new dagger, Nomad stepped from the shadows.

"I do hope you are simply insuring the dagger won't get lost as you run. Treachery is frowned upon within our group." Then as quickly as he had appeared, Harloth vanished.

Bvarn stood, holding his nose, and seething with anger at both the wraith and the dwarf. He started cursing, until his eyes were drawn to a limb above him. There on the branch sat Father Falcon. The bird's piercing eyes bored into Bvarn's soul, and he truly understood his worth. He looked down at the dagger, and tossed it back under the bush. With a simple nod, Bvarn ran after the others as fast as his legs would carry him.

Elsewhere, Ikawi stood standing by the corrupted pond and thought of his next course. He had to do something to satisfy his lord, lest the power that sustained him be taken away. As Ikawi lost himself in thought, a frog jumped up nest to his foot. Ikawi saw the creature and lifted up his foot to stomp on it.

"I wouldn't do that id I were you. I have a nasty bite."

Ikawi had never seen a talking frog before, and so softly put down his foot.

"Pick me up, Ikawi. I would have words with you."

By now, Ikawi was quite perplexed and picked up the green frog. AS he looked closely, he saw the eyes were not those of a beast, but the eyes of The Black Hand.

"What do you want?!" snarled Ikawi.

"I've forseen your trouble, and seek to offer council."

"I need nothing from he who would give my enemies weapons to destroy me."

"We both know the limits of Gamush's dagger. If your stupid enough to allow him to kill you with it, then that is hardly my concern."

Ikawi wanted to throw the frog as far as he could, but his curiousity won out. "Tell me what you offer as council."

The frog whispered a plan dark and devious, and Ikawi added his own parts to it. Soon both elf and frog were grinning evilly.

"Now, I must depart. My own designs demand my attention."

Just then, the frog exploded covering Ikawi in goo. He cursed at Black Hand's insult, but then smiled. Together with the other elf, he had arrived at a plan that would destroy Eruco once and for all. Ikawi headed back to Dul Guldur; he had plans to make.

Life is full of challenges. You can either step up to them, or step out of the way. The ones who step up, are the ones who will someday rule the world.

[This message has been edited by Johndisp (edited 08-17-2006 @ 04:03 PM).]

posted 08-17-06 03:05 AM EDT (US)     146 / 408  
In Helms Deep Lycia stayed. She swept, cleaned and kept what few Rohirrim there were company. Today she was sharpening the easterling sword she had obtained from he former home. Its curved cruel edges gleaned in what sun was show through the clouds. She had kept it always on her, for she never really felt safe.
"That blade is of evil origin, do not keep it!" said the blacksmith. Her fair eyes pierced him, and that was the end of that. She sat there all morning sharpening it and cleaning it of what blood it had spilled. Her mother's blood? Her father's? She did not know.

A flock of black birds flew over the deeing wall. Noone looked up at their screeching; they had appeared most often and had often landed near the water drain on the deeping wall. Noone bothered to scare them away, they just kept coming back.
"Pesky crows; they are spies," the blacksmith murmered.
In Lycia's frustration she stood up and ran at the birds and they scattered.
"There, well we should atleast do something." she called to the blacksmith.
"Bah!" he replied and went back to work, beating away at some armour.

Leagues away, a blind elf had fell to the ground in pain in the dungeons of Dol Guldur. As soon as he fell, a shockwave of magical energies hit Lycia and she slumped to the ground with a whisper.
"Lycia!" cried the blacksmith, and several people ran over to her.

Also leagues away, but not too far, a flying creature hit the ground from way up in the sky. It landed with a *thud* and dust rose from the ground. The figure's wings were crumbled and torn; his right hand broken, and his left hand holding his head. The figure screamed for magical energies had hit him hard and burnt him inside. Yet, he survived. Pyron got up, then fell to the ground. Sauron had felt the energies aswell and found the perfect time to enter his mind. "Get....out...." Pyron thought, yet he was mentally diminished, and whithered on the dirt, wings scraping the rocks.

"Your future employer is running on borrowed time, and it grows short! Hurry, my puppet, for if he dies, she dies too." The essence of Sauron left. Pyron stumpled to his feet, reformerd his wings into his body and ran. He took massive leaps and his right arm dangled beside him. It was getting dark, yet this was no excuse for a vampyre, let alone an elvish one. He ran on, for love.

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, Take me as I am!

Winner of the Killtacular Award at HWH
posted 08-18-06 06:16 AM EDT (US)     147 / 408  
Elesser could see Eruco's trailthrough the undergrowth- footsteps and broken twigs were as good as a trail of arrows to the Ranger. They burst out into the clearing the orc camp was in. Elesser stopped, Estrenton, Balain and the Nomad beside him breathing heavily.
Eruco was cradeling the child infront of the rest of the group. They too were looking weary, and Raina looked as pale as a sheet.
"I shall name him Bartok," he said, just loud enough for the emerging members of the Fellowsihp to hear. Balain smiled.
"A fine choice if there ever was one," he said, smiling bravely. Elesser laid a conferting hand on his shoulder as Harloth walked forward to Eruco. He turned, and the Nomad studied the child for a while. Not one word passed between the two, but Elesser had a suspicion they were speaking somehow in their heads.

Suddenly, Bvarn stumbled out of the undergrowth, making a lot of noise. He seemed to be seething at somthing, or somone. Elesser raised an eyebrow at Balain, but he just shook his head breifly.
"What happened?" Elesser asked. Bvarn seemed to be in two minds for a moment, but eventually replied.
"Tripped on a tree trunk, broke my nose," he said in nasel tones, wincing slightly. It was obviusly not the whole truth, but Elesser accepted it- for now.
"Be more carfeul, next time. Surely you of all people should know that," The Nomad said innocently. Bvarn narrowed his eyes but said nothing.
Elesser looked around. The camp was a loathsome sight, with dead animals hanging from any place, swords lieing about, and some dead bodies, too. He wanted to burn it, bu that would just attract unwanted attention. Suddenly he frowned slightly.
"Anyone seen the others?"

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
posted 08-18-06 07:37 AM EDT (US)     148 / 408  
Lycia awoke to be inside with several people looking over her.
"Are you ok?" the blacksmith asked.
She sat up, holding her head with her right arm. everything was blurry and her right arm hurt like nothing she had ever felt before.
"Is my arm ok? What happened?" she stuttered trying to break free from the after affects of her blackout.
"Your head is what we are worried about, your right arm, is...fine.Lycia? Why? LYCIA!"
Black.

Pyron was running insanly fast. He was really pushing his limits here, but the girl was in trouble, and Ikawi was running out of time, whoever he was. Pyron dashed past two travellers camping, at left them in wonder and in a mess as their gear went everywhere. Another barrage of magical energy hit Pyron and he felt it hit the girl. Emmdiatly he blocked the pain channel and put it into his. He screamed unhumanly and ran faster. The girl still lived, but time was running short. Another painwave from Ikawi'pain waves hit Pyon harder than ever and he flipped out of control, hitting a tree in some sort of forest, dark and murky.

Pyron got up, his vision blurred, and some hope returned. He had just hit a tree. A tree, of Mirkwood.
"Ikawi," Pyron whispered, "here I come."

To those who understand, I extend my hand
To the doubtful I demand, take me as I am
Not under your command, I know where I stand
I won't change to fit your plan, Take me as I am!

Winner of the Killtacular Award at HWH
posted 08-18-06 03:44 PM EDT (US)     149 / 408  
Sobet, Scar, Felanil and Pulkit had nearly reached the woodline of the Mirkwood, when a howl broke the silence of the dusk. Weapons were drawn as a pack of six wargs, orcs upon their backs, broke from the cover and charged the members of the Fellowship.

Felanil was able to fire an arrow, that slammed into the eye socket of one of the great beasts. As if crashed to the ground, its momentum rolled his body up and he crushed his rider.

Sobet tried to launch two daggers, but to his alarm, the warg dodged the blades. It took a leap forward, and landed just short of Sobet with ease. A roar from its mouth threw Sobet to the ground, and just barely out of reach of the vicious fangs. As Sobet lay on his back, and tried to draw a drakestooth shortsword, Scar charged ahead and brought his sword down through the back of the rider, and into the spine of the warg. The creature reared and screamed, but fell over,dead.

While Scar was saving Sobet, a warg took the time to charge him from behind. Scar heard it coming and tried to turn, but he was too slow, the beast was almost upon him. Fortunately Sobet scrambled to his knees and threw the drakestooth sword, and it flipped end over end and slammed into the warg’s mouth. The orc leaped from the back of his dying mount, and charged Scar with two shortswords drawn, but the uruk turned and snarled at the orc. He stopped in his tracks, and a second later his head left it’s shoulders. In less than three minutes the attacking wargs had their numbers cut in half.

Meanwhile, the other three were circling Pulkit and Felanil.

[This message has been edited by Johndisp (edited 08-18-2006 @ 04:09 PM).]

posted 08-19-06 03:38 PM EDT (US)     150 / 408  
Pulkit held his staff in one hand, and his long sword in the other. Felanil stood with his back to the wizard and held his sword in two hands. The warg riders snarled and snapped at the heroes, but none would close into melee.

Pulkit leaned backwards, "Watch my back." He said to Felanil. Pulkit stood tall and spoke a command word, "Alakaza maluk ralag mak farha!"

A wind suddenly blew up from the crystal atop the staff, and slammed into the smallest of the wargs. The warg reared up, and his rider was thrown from his back and slammed hard against a thick oak tree. The warg was knocked over hard, and fled. The other two wargs turned and charged at Felanil and Pulkit.

Felanil's warg impaled itself upon Felanil's blade, but the great beast landed atop him. Plkit was not as lucky, ihis warg landed atop him and knocked his weapons from his grasp.

Pulkit found himself prone upon the ground, with an eight hundred pound warg seated upon his chest. Both of his hands held the lower jaw of the beast and forced it away from him each time it attacked. As his left hand slipped, the warg bit down upon it, and tore a deep gash into the flesh, although his fingers remained intact.

The orc atop the warg drew a long sword and slashed down at Pulkit. Before he could kill the wizard, however, two daggers flew through the air and slammed into his back. The attack forced the orc to pull short his attack, and he cut his warg across the right side of his neck. Warg blood splattered across Pulkit's face, and the beast snipped at it's dying master upon its back.

Just then, two arrows flew from the woods, and caught the wounded warg in his throat. The warg collapsed upon Pulkit, pinning him to the ground. Sobet, Scar and Felanil formed a wall between the wizard and the woods, but when two elves walked out holding glowing golden bows, weapons were lowered and the four members of the Fellowship realized that they had found the Elves of Mirkwood.

[This message has been edited by Johndisp (edited 08-19-2006 @ 04:09 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8 ··· 17  Next Page »
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven » Forums » Fan Fiction and Art » Adventurer's Corner- The Oncoming Storm- Book Two
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Battle for Middle Earth II Heaven | HeavenGames