New Files

Modpacks » Second Create-a-hero mod

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Second Create-a-hero mod

Author File Description
QuantumMechanic
File Details
Code Modification: Yes
My first mod allows you to use your create-a-hero on any of the six factions. This mod incorporates that one, and also allows you to choose one of your custom heroes and use them in the Good and Evil campaigns. Reading through the forum threads, it seems some of you were hoping you could do that.

It is not perfect. The process you need to go through to get your hero into the campaign is longer than I would have liked. However, once you do that, to the best of my knowledge it works fine. If I find the right file to edit, I may be able to add a selection menu at the start of the campaigns. Feel free to modify it yourself - just give me credit if you use it and tell me about it.

EDIT: Updated for Patch 1.06.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
jamie006 sounds like a Great Mod.but it doesn't work i replaced the ini files but when i load the game up it crashes.

[Edited on 05/26/06 @ 12:09 PM]

QuantumMechanic
File Author
The problem might be to do with having different patches - that seems to have happened with some other mods people have made. The ini file I used was, I think, the one with patch 1.02, so it might not be compatible if you've got an older or newer patch from EA. It's a bit annoying when things like that happen. I can't think of any way around it. If you're a modder yourself, the mod is so simple to make (only two lines of code need to be changed!) that I could just tell you how to do it - that might be simpler!

[Edited on 05/26/06 @ 04:17 PM]

jamie006 could you tell me then please or update it to work with the lateist patch.

[Edited on 05/27/06 @ 01:59 PM]

QuantumMechanic
File Author
Alright then! Open up the ini file (I'm presuming you're using FinalBIG - hopefully even if you're not it should be the same basic idea). Scroll about a quarter of the way down the files to "data\ini\linearcampaign.ini".

You'll see quite near the top the following lines:
CarryoverUnit = ElvenGlorfindel
CarryoverUnit = DwarvenGloin
CarryoverUnit = ElvenElrond
CarryoverUnit = ElvenArwen
CarryoverUnit = ElvenHaldir
CarryoverUnit = DwarvenDain
CarryoverUnit = ElvenThranduil

Now, just add to the bottom:
CarryoverUnit = CreateAHero

Now go down to where it says:
CarryoverUnit = MordorMouthOfSauron
CarryoverUnit = EvilMenBlackRider

and so on, and add the same line at the bottom.
There you have it! Save the ini file, and then to play just do what I said in the ReadMe. Tell you what, I'll update it for the patch as well. You can't say fairer than that!

Doing so right now...
17 minutes later: Eep! I'm having problems, this may take longer than I had in mind...
1 hour and 40 minutes later: Sorted! Hang on a few more minutes.
16 minutes later: And that's that. The mod is now compatible with patch 1.03.

[Edited on 05/27/06 @ 05:28 PM]

jamie006 cheers.
More people will be able to use it and im sure they will.
The updated verion dosnot include the creat a hero for any faction mod you made. Was it sopposed to be like this.

[Edited on 05/28/06 @ 05:23 AM]

QuantumMechanic
File Author
No, it wasn't. That was just a clumsy mistake on my part - sorry! It is now, hopefully, exactly as I said it was. I'll make a point of testing my mods more thouroughly in the future.
QuantumMechanic
File Author
I intend to create this mod for the Rise of the Witch-King ASAP (after I get it and play it a bit) for those who want it.

(Of course, this is probably all old hat by now...)
CrazyGuy My brother downloaded a mod for making your cah hit like sauron. He siad to put it in the objects folder in data. I dont have the objects folder. Does anyone know what this is about? Help would be greatly appreciated.
Lord Of Chaos201
Rating
Breakdown
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Usefulness5.0
Implementation5.0
Balance: 5
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Usefulness: 5
(Insert Usefulness analysis here)

Implementation: 5
(Insert Implementation analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Swear Word SWear WOrd SWEAr WORd SWEAR WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Mod rocks Flip i love this mod its the greatest creation in aviational thinking...?
You rock man you should Realy free like a god NO GOD for making this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Usefulness5.0