Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Similarities between Impressions games
posted 09-09-03 21:50 ET (US)   
At last the mail has delived my copy of the Great Empires collection, so Pharaoh, Cleopatra, Zeus and Poseidon are all within my grasp.

I can appreciate that this is a difficult question to answer, but how different are these games in terms of starting knowledge to C3? Obviously the tricks and tips vary between the games, and they have different game engines (Zeus at least?), but are the general principles the same?

In five words, what would best describe these differences? I expect roadblocks would get a guernsey!

Replies:
posted 09-09-03 22:04 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Pharaoh and Cleo are more along the lines of C3 with road blocks that work You will have build large monuments over a long, long period of time.
Zeus and Poseidon are on a differnet game engine and more of a myth based set of missions There will be new interfaces to learn with some C3 skills carrying over
posted 09-09-03 23:12 ET (US)     2 / 4  
thank you mouse

I want to get into these new games without getting too much info up front so that I can learn my own way you know? But obviously I want to actually play them without too much disaster!

I have downloaded stats and tables on both of them already from this site and others, but I expect I will as always be back with new questions

posted 09-09-03 23:58 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Pharaoh/Cleo is very much like C3, Farming is a touch eaiser to manage once you get the hang of it, building monuments as Mouse said is huge, roadblocks make building housing blocks a little eaiser.

Zeus is all about defeating Gods and Monsters and building a city to do so. In my opinion building a zeus housing block is very easy and is not the central challenge of the game. Zeus/Posiden have eposodic goals very unlike C3, a set of goals might be, 3 trading partners, defeat a monster, 500 people in townhouses. For me the part of Zeus that is hardest to master is the complex relations your city must maintain with other cities.

I have just started playing Emperor, so far it is like Zeus in goals and inter-city relations, but is much improved in many ways; graphics, better challenge in building stable housing blocks, and feng shui!

posted 09-10-03 16:14 ET (US)     4 / 4  
I'll add to previous comments, all of which are accurate observations, that Zeus is a somewhat more whimsical game. You'll see the various characters associated with buildings and crafts each doing the unexpected. Look at them closely for the humor programmed into their antics. Example: The watchman on the fire tower is looking in all directions for signs of a fire except behind himself where his clothes are ignited and burning.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Similarities between Impressions games
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames