You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Which is the best city building game and why?
posted 02-10-04 01:00 ET (US)   
i think the best citybuilding game is C3
[among the CB and RTS]what do u guys think & why?
[choose from C3,zeus,pharaoh,aoe,aom etc. etc.]

[This message has been edited by caesar piyush (edited 02-10-2004 @ 07:29 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-10-04 03:13 ET (US)     1 / 14  
You forgot to say why.
...and do you really think AoM and AoK are City Builder Games?

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama
posted 02-10-04 05:09 ET (US)     2 / 14  
The only "true" CB games IMO are C3, Pharaoh, Zeus and Emperor. The AoE series are known better as "RTS" (Real-Time Strategy).

D XUAN
posted 02-10-04 07:32 ET (US)     3 / 14  
ok,ok
i have edited it
now you'd like to check my grammatical and spelling mistakes also
posted 02-10-04 08:37 ET (US)     4 / 14  
Like you, I like C3, and probably for the same reasons too. It's a challenging game. However, I haven't played the other 3 CB games so I am not in a position to make a judgement about them. They should be pretty good too.

AoE isn't too bad either, but it really cannot be considered as a CB game. You know yourself how different it is from C3.

D XUAN
posted 02-10-04 09:48 ET (US)     5 / 14  
Gameplay wise, I like Pharaoh best. But I play C3 the most, because it's Rome and Pharaoh is Egypt. (I am serious btw)

I think Zeus and Emperor are good, but the core concepts are too easy (for my taste).

posted 02-10-04 10:02 ET (US)     6 / 14  
Pharaoh/Cleo by far.

Zeus and Emperor are too easy with the ability to place industry everywhere.

Pharaoh is challanging with the labour seakers and the monument building. I find myself going back to it every once in a while

posted 02-10-04 17:30 ET (US)     7 / 14  
#1 C3 Hardest to build a stable city, western preference for Rome, sentimental fav because I started with C2.

#2 Pharaoh/Cleo a bit easier than C3 but add monuments.

#3 Emperor stable city harder than Zeus but much easier than C3 & Pharaoh. Love the graphics and art, still learning the fundementals.

#4 Zeus/Posiden still fun. But I only play it for contests.

I also play AoE2 but only when I have just an hour to play, or to be destructive when I'm in the mood, a break from city building for a day or 2.

posted 02-10-04 23:53 ET (US)     8 / 14  
Emperor is probably my favority, not sure why.

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
posted 02-11-04 01:27 ET (US)     9 / 14  
If I want a serious challenge to focus my mind on, I play C3 or Pharoah.

If I want to just have a fun, relaxing game, I play Zeus.

Emperor is kind of a cross between the three, and I just don't have much interest in it, to be honest.

~ The Flaming Heretic ~
"It isn't bad for you if you won't live long enough for it to have any effect." - Brad4321
"But it would be hell of a lot harder to do a drive by shooting with a steak knife, don't you think?" - Messiah
"I always shoot my sense of humor before coming here." - Von
"And what's wrong with sucking? At least someone gets pleasure from it!" - ArcticWind7
posted 02-11-04 02:52 ET (US)     10 / 14  
Number one will always be Caesar 3 for me. Sadly I don't get much time for anything on the Computer at present but its my first love for CB games

I play pharoah/cleopatra and now enjoy them both especially in contests which is about all I play them in. I would love to get to know the editor in cleo as I love making maps the most in C3.

I have Emperor and have played the first ten or so missions and while I enjoyed it , it is not as good as cleo or C3 so I don't play it anymore. My 3 oldest children however all love it and play all the time when they ahave a turn on their computer. They all liked C3 and then Cleopatra but maybe because Emperor is easier they enjoy it more.

I have no interest in Zeus/posiden as they just do not appeal to me at all. I have not tried them as I feel they are not so much a CB game as the others.

I play AOE2 with the children on multiplayer sometimes just to share with them. I rarely play by myself as I don't get a lot of time but I used to enjoy AOE and Rise of Rome when we still had the Cd's for them. Also used to like AD1602 but have not played it for years now.

"I'd rather die with memories than dreams"
posted 02-13-04 10:25 ET (US)     11 / 14  
The best is in fact SimCity 2000. It was the only citybuilder I ever developed a true addiction to.

"War does not decide who is right... only who is left." -Bertrand Russell
posted 02-14-04 09:17 ET (US)     12 / 14  
I'm also a big fan of city-building games. Playing since C2 (forget about C1) to Pharaoh, Zeus, Emperor. But I choose C3 is the best, Pharaoh is selected at 2nd, and if Emperor is gotten more attentions by Sierra/or creators will be considered at 3rd.

Why? You play them then you'll know why!

posted 02-14-04 10:39 ET (US)     13 / 14  
Well... To speak the truth, IMO, C2 wasn't that bad. It's just that the graphics suck a little.

D XUAN
posted 02-14-04 19:06 ET (US)     14 / 14  
It didn't really matter, though. I think I enjoy Emperor the most as it more similar to games like C3 than it is to Zeus (which I enjoyed very much, but it was a step out of the norm).

DR LORENZO
AoEH | Woad Creations Alumni
I of course meant bastard in a positive way! - Kor
I just sort of chop away at it when it gets long enough. The ladies love it. - Obese, on shaving
Lorenzo is kind of like that relative everyone knows about but won't talk about. - Crimson Knight
We already knew about the mass murders and gang rapes and ethnic cleansings, but now they've resorted to ENCRYPTING PEOPLES ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS! - drahnier
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Which is the best city building game and why?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames