Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: The music in Pharaoh
posted 11-23-05 14:53 ET (US)   
I have just installed Pharaoh yet again - and I really like the music that is played during the install. I have digged through all the music files that I could find on the CD and in the install directory, but can't find that specific one. It must be there somewhere. Can somebody direct me to where it is hidden? (That is, where it is on the CD)
Replies:
posted 11-24-05 04:59 ET (US)     1 / 15  
Try searching for ".mp3" or other music file suffixes on your CD drive, to get a list of all music files on the CD. If none of these are the one you're looking for, or you've already tried this, the music you're looking for must be in one of the .cab files (compressed file archives which extract to form the game directory). If so, I personally don't know any way of getting to it, although there may be tools on the internet which allow you to access the contents of .cab files.

"You're just jealous because the little voices talk to me!" - Sara Rain Morgan
posted 11-24-05 08:01 ET (US)     2 / 15  
There is a download available of the Pharaoh music which I believe includes some mp3's that are in a different format in the game, hopefully it has what you want. You can get them from ftp://ftp.vugames.com/pub/sierra/pharaoh/other/
posted 11-24-05 10:01 ET (US)     3 / 15  
Look for the 'Pharaoh\Audio\Music' directory and the file you are looking for is 'Setup.mp3'.

At least I think it is.

Oops,

My mistake. The file name is 'Pharaoh-install.wav' and I believe that it is created in your 'temp' directory during the installation of the game. It doesn't exist on the CD as a seperate file and if you delete the temporary files it goes with them.

The inherent problem being human is that you always know what is best for everyone else.

[This message has been edited by MarcusMaximus (edited 11-24-2005 @ 10:36 AM).]

posted 11-24-05 11:00 ET (US)     4 / 15  
Thank you! I found it now, under the name install.wav, in the temp folder.

I throught it was the setup.mp3 too, but it isn't. That is the music that is played with the main menu. A bit confusing.

posted 08-29-08 16:40 ET (US)     5 / 15  
The setup music playing during the install of Pharaoh is an excerpt from the file "Khepera.mp3"
posted 08-30-08 07:56 ET (US)     6 / 15  
Ever played Children of the Nile? If you like Egyptian music, that has some good ones. Craftsman's Song is brilliant!

Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?
posted 08-30-08 11:05 ET (US)     7 / 15  
Hello.

I know this topic is down now for some years, but...
I installed Pharaoh again today (geeez... almost been 10years now), and I heard that music again.

The game installation music.

As you guys said, I browsed to my Temps files, but no way to find a "Pharaoh-install.wav" or a "install.wav".

How does it come? Should I try to install my game again?

Or if someone has it, can he send it to me..?

Thanks a lot.
posted 10-11-08 12:33 ET (US)     8 / 15  
Hi fevy, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven

If such a file existed, noone will probably send it to you, because it might be played in a location that only the developers can see. Don't bother calling again, as no-body has the file. Try contacting Sierra Impressions and see if they can let you have the file.

EDIT: to clarify things from joshofet's reply to my message: Do not solicitate for files or link to files on the net. This is a breach of forum rules and might get you a ban or a warning!!!
EDIT2: Here is a quote from the CoC:
You may not encourage, post in support of, link to, or discuss activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators. In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Seeking missing files that are supplied with installation CD(s)
Admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Admitting to distribute pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators
Admitting to the use of cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Uploading any such files to HeavenGames sites

[This message has been edited by Speysider (edited 10-26-2008 @ 06:55 AM).]

posted 10-11-08 14:28 ET (US)     9 / 15  
Sierra is unlikely to provide much support for this game anymore. It is a bit late, but if Fevy still checks this forum, he or she had best take this question to the technical forum or the game help forum for Pharaoh. Those are more likely places to find help.

Note that asking for files is a violation of the code of conduct for this forum. If the files cannot be found on the PC, it might be an idea to search the CD.
posted 10-25-08 14:50 ET (US)     10 / 15  
josh, unfortunately Fevy registered 2 months ago and he/she hasn't came back yet. Maybe he/she didn't like the site much (I'm not saying I hate it) but I think that Fevy may no longer come back. We'll wait and see.

Edited back to original message on request by Speysider

Angel PCDania

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 10-26-2008 @ 01:34 PM).]

posted 10-26-08 04:37 ET (US)     11 / 15  
This is not really a good way of welcoming people Speysider. Use of only uppercase is coming down very hard on them. You are not a moderator so better not take such a strong standing. I suggest you remove the additional editing to your post above, which I missed since it does not appear as new in the forum survey, and focus on just helping people in any new posts you make on this forum.
posted 10-26-08 12:12 ET (US)     12 / 15  
I was referring to your post #8.
posted 10-26-08 12:51 ET (US)     13 / 15  
Could a mod please remove post #10 or replace the text below with what was there beforehand?
posted 10-26-08 13:30 ET (US)     14 / 15  
Re the Pharaoh installation music. Try check the Temp folder during installation of the game.

Post edited on request.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 10-26-2008 @ 01:35 PM).]

posted 10-26-08 13:58 ET (US)     15 / 15  
Thanks PCD, I'm giving up on Speysider. My efforts are only adding to the confusion, sorry about that.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » The music in Pharaoh
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames