You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Town Square
Moderated by Jayhawk

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Dutch Date XIV: One 4 all...
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
posted 09-14-08 04:26 ET (US)   
...all for going to Heaven?

This space is reserved (we do hope Eva will reserve the other space by the time we manage to figure the actual date?)

Following shelper's request, may consider meeting up a tad ealier, like...noon?

When:
April 4th, meetup at Utrecht Central Station at 12:00 (meeting point: in front of the big screen with departure times), ETA at the Stairway: 12:15

Where:
Stairway to Heaven
Mariaplaats 11/12
3511 LJ Utrecht
(Google maps)

Who:
Definites:
Jayhawk
Luke
Dark Dawn
Rcee
Shelper
Hnossa + Mr. Hnossa
Pecunia
Gill
Terikel

Possibles:
Kor

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
Support your local HeavenMy RecommendationsEXCOHALO
I believe violence will only increase the cycle of violence. — The Dalai Lama

[This message has been edited by Pecunia (edited 03-30-2009 @ 11:45 AM).]

Replies:
posted 09-16-08 09:42 ET (US)     1 / 117  
Following shelper's request, may consider meeting up a tad ealier, like...noon?
Emphasis on request.
In the other thread people seconded not having enough time to talk to everybody, but my suggestion is just one way to deal with that.

Other suggestions could be more regular meet ups, or less horsing around with animal games and more actual talking. Considering my love for Dier op Dier, i'm not too fond of the second suggestion, but if some of you don't want to sacrifice your Saturday sleep-in time, more regular meet ups could also be an option.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
posted 09-16-08 09:53 ET (US)     2 / 117  
Longer meetups will be better for me than more regular meet-ups, because the former will be the more expensive option if I want to attend (I have week OV, you see ) but we can do both. I don't think we have to leave the games out; if people don't want to play, we don't play, as has happened before.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
posted 09-16-08 09:57 ET (US)     3 / 117  
I disapprove of leaving the games out, it was a very pleasant way of getting comfortable with everybody without having to talk too much about myself.
posted 09-16-08 11:39 ET (US)     4 / 117  

I like bringing games. Both because it's a HeavenGames meet up and because they are, as Hnossa confirms, a good way to break the ice.

We can try for High Noon?

Angel Jayhawk
EyrieCaesar 4 HeavenChildren of the Nile HeavenStronghold HeavenCaesar 3 HeavenEmperor HeavenPharaoh HeavenZeus HeavenMy Deviations
posted 09-16-08 13:33 ET (US)     5 / 117  
No problem staging another starting time, it's up to everyone attending at the time they can make.
I have been late last times I made it, but I remember at one of the first DD's, I was hours early and had a good time strolling around Utrecht, having an early snack and shopping around.
Still, if a large company is expected, I would advice some reservation plan could be handy, to avoid on the spot problems(though "Stairway" seems to be everflexible sofar).

But it ain't necessarily so.
posted 09-17-08 07:31 ET (US)     6 / 117  
a good way to break the ice.
I thought we had alcohol for that. Point taken, though... Maybe something as simple as a regular stack of cards (we only have one Munchkin Hero, after all) would be a worthwhile addition, though we'll have to figure out what card games everone knows first.

Eva didn't know she was supposed to make the reservations, so noting that in the OP like now definately helps.

I'm still in favor of multiple DDs, though they don't all have to be on this particular scale. If nothing else, it has the added advantage of making it easier on the foreign guys and girls to get a DD in.

Luke Gevaerts » Website · YouTube · Backloggery

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 09-17-08 07:45 ET (US)     7 / 117  
Please tell Eva that the reason she didn't know was that no one told her she was to make reservations, just assumed she would have (as she did so the last time). Then again, as my old boss used to say: To assume is to make an ass out of u and me.
So, my apologies to Eva.

We can get together for drinks late November/early December?

Gamewise, I´m sure I find some more games aimed at 4 year olds

Angel Jayhawk
posted 09-17-08 08:29 ET (US)     8 / 117  
I'd be happy to have a date sooner than next Spring so I could maybe get a few days away (when Eurostar have actually pulled their finger out & refunded me, that is). Need plenty of time though as hotel reservations (& Eurostar seats) go so quickly ...

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
posted 09-17-08 09:16 ET (US)     9 / 117  
We can get together for drinks late November/early December?
Name the place, and we'll be there. Depending on the number of people who are interested, we could even hold it somewhere else...

"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that.
I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank Zappa

OD · AoKH
posted 09-17-08 09:29 ET (US)     10 / 117  
So, my apologies to Eva.
Apologies accepted .

And november/december sounds good to me!
posted 09-17-08 09:54 ET (US)     11 / 117  
There's an Irish pub in Leiden Pontius and I frequent. Would be near for the three of us

Angel Jayhawk
posted 09-17-08 10:16 ET (US)     12 / 117  
Sounds good to me. Any other takers?

OD · AoKH
posted 09-17-08 10:47 ET (US)     13 / 117  
Would depend on my schedule at the time, but I'm always up for a pub visit.

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
posted 09-17-08 13:17 ET (US)     14 / 117  
I disapprove of leaving the games out, it was a very pleasant way of getting comfortable with everybody without having to talk too much about myself.
I had been looking forward to sitting myself down next to all of you individually, waiting for 30 seconds of awkward silence and then asking "does your mother know you're here?" with a grin last seen during Silence of the Lambs.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

posted 09-18-08 05:21 ET (US)     15 / 117  
Maybe something as simple as a regular stack of cards (we only have one Munchkin Hero, after all) would be a worthwhile addition, though we'll have to figure out what card games everone knows first.
I'm terrible, I don't know any (comes with being a minister's son, I suppose). Luckily I do know (more or less) how to stack sheep, so...

Offt hin hinder.
posted 09-18-08 11:01 ET (US)     16 / 117  
(comes with being a minister's son, I suppose)
High five, 'son of a minister' buddy!
Really, between the two of us, and with Jay 'son of a cop' Hawk, I can't imagine any mother giving her daughter trouble for hanging us with us folk.

posted 09-19-08 00:52 ET (US)     17 / 117  
So guys, tell me, were you subconsciously drawn to the Heaven bit?

Angel Jayhawk
posted 01-18-09 07:08 ET (US)     18 / 117  
Shouldn't we start on some preliminary scheduling? The snow is gone, Sun will be available shortly and temps will go up according to the statistics.

Two rules for success:
(1) Do not tell everything you know.
posted 01-26-09 20:42 ET (US)     19 / 117  
If we're keeping the same schedule, next one is due around... April? I'm looking forward to it already!

posted 02-02-09 20:46 ET (US)     20 / 117  
Also, my bookcase is positively overflowing these days.
The primary culprit being Pratchett, anybody willing to take them off my hands?

posted 02-03-09 13:29 ET (US)     21 / 117  
The primary culprit being Pratchett
Pratchett as in Terry Pratchett? Famous novelist of the Discworld chronicles?

In that case, bring them on. How many books are you willing to part with? (Helps in figuring how big a backpack I should bring, ).

BTW,
Has the rest of the gang left this forum for greener pastures? Is there a way to "broadcast" across the forums? (Without being banned for spamming off course)

Two rules for success:
(1) Do not tell everything you know.
posted 02-04-09 07:17 ET (US)     22 / 117  
I think i can part with about 10-12 books in all, but you'll have to share that amount with anyone else who shows interest.
If you're alone, I'll shoot you a mail asking which specific books to bring.

And I'll send out a reminder at OD a few weeks before the actual date. I tried mailing Dutch staffers who haven't attended yet personally a few dates ago, but not a single person replied, so I'm not going through that trouble again.

*edit* Yes, sorry. Pratchett of Discworld.

[This message has been edited by shelper (edited 02-04-2009 @ 07:37 AM).]

posted 02-04-09 08:10 ET (US)     23 / 117  
I've been reading this but my attendance is quite unlikely, so I didn't post yet.

Offt hin hinder.
posted 02-05-09 14:20 ET (US)     24 / 117  
I doubt I can attend, but if no date is proposed,,,,,,

But it ain't necessarily so.
posted 02-10-09 14:28 ET (US)     25 / 117  
Weekends in April:

4, 5
11, 12
18, 19
25, 26

I probably won't be able to be there the 25th or 26th, since the 27th is my birthday and there'll be a load of family crowding my home that weekend. I don't have any concrete plans for the other weekends yet.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » The Town Square » Dutch Date XIV: One 4 all...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames