Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: problem with weapons and forts
posted 09-30-02 19:55 ET (US)   
My wharehouses won't deliver weapons to my fort! I have it set to "ACCEPT" , and the fort if fully employed. I have 8 weapons in the wharehouse and I can see nothing wrong with the distribution of weapons to the fort. The roads are connected and everything. Dose anyone know what's wrong?
Replies:
posted 09-30-02 20:24 ET (US)     1 / 21  
Do you have anything else in your warehouse? Possibly the warehouse delivery man is busy delivering goods to other industries, click on the warehouse to find out what it is doing. Another possibility is that you have weapons set to stockpile which means they won't be delivered.

Also what kind of fort is it? Does it have any weapons already? Forts only hold up to 4 weapons at a time while they are training troops. If it is a Crossbow, Chariot or Catapult fort it will also need wood before it can train troops.

posted 09-30-02 21:06 ET (US)     2 / 21  
Just on the question of weapons/forts - does it help to keep non-trading partners from invading by giving them gifts? or are invasions inevitable?
posted 09-30-02 21:27 ET (US)     3 / 21  
G'day Rameses,

Check to make sure you are not stockpiling weapons.
Select commerce and check the side bar to make sure not RED.

Giving gifts to potential adversaries will kept you in good 'favour' and hoepfully curb any attacks.

posted 09-30-02 22:36 ET (US)     4 / 21  
Wendoolicus: Sometimes invasions are inevitable, but you can usually lessen the likelihood by giving gifts. If the other city is a clear threat, you can also train a spy to sabotage their military to slow them down. In almost every mission, one of the first things I do is send a spy to the nomads camp to sabotage military. (Usually you can tell if the invasion is inevitable, if the city starts demanding outrageous things. It stands to reason that the designer is pushing you toward conflict.)

ramases_88: I agree with Mere and SRC, the first thing I'd check is stockpiling.

posted 10-01-02 10:10 ET (US)     5 / 21  
Are your forts fully manned? Chariot forts only hold four chariots and the same goes for Catapult forts.. At four they are full.
posted 10-01-02 11:02 ET (US)     6 / 21  
Only TWO Catapults per fort.

Extend your grasp of the Empire at Serpentineum
posted 10-01-02 11:04 ET (US)     7 / 21  
I distinctly remember four catapults in the beta. Did they change that?
posted 10-01-02 11:24 ET (US)     8 / 21  
You are correct Jag, there are still 4 catapults per fort
posted 10-01-02 17:38 ET (US)     9 / 21  
Doh! *slaps forehead* It was stockpilled! I thought I had checked that too..... Thanks for the help.
posted 10-01-02 17:57 ET (US)     10 / 21  
Don't worry! It happens to the best of us.
posted 04-06-12 15:58 ET (US)     11 / 21  
When I'm in open play, I can only place a weaponsmith for a different age than the one I'm playing.

Bronze age = iron weaponsmith
Iron age = bronze weaponsmith
Steel age = bronze weaponsmith

Any help for this bug?
posted 04-06-12 16:17 ET (US)     12 / 21  
First off - have you installed the game patch? Let's make sure that is done before we discuss anything further.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
posted 04-17-12 12:53 ET (US)     13 / 21  
Happened after the patch. I tried a few more maps, and I get a random smelter paired with a random weaponsmith. Even when I get the apropriate age = smelter = weaponsmith by chance, they will not operate even though they say "working" on thier status screen. They don't draw from the labor pool. This only happens during open play, and allways happens in open play.

I'm using windows 7. Any ideas?

I figured it out. Had to set compatability mode for Win 98.

It works fine now.

I gave the game a rest for a few years, and just had to pull it back out of retirement last month for another go.
I love this game!
Wish someone could make an update for 2D citybuilder. Wish I had the skills to do it myself.

Thank you for all your hard work Gweilo. I've learned how much I didn't know about this game the first time around.

[This message has been edited by RedVentrue (edited 04-17-2012 @ 11:20 PM).]

posted 04-17-12 21:10 ET (US)     14 / 21  
Using Windows 7 will not affect this.

Are you sure the map you are using in open play has the correct resource to produce weapons for the age you are using? Examples: if playing in the Steel age, the map you should use needs to have iron deposits on it. If playing in the bronze age, your map needs copper deposits.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
posted 03-11-13 03:02 ET (US)     15 / 21  
Bit of necromancy, as I don't really want to spam forums I do play on open map on 1.0.1.0 on polish version of game. Bug is similar as the one RedVentrue has. In few first minutes it allows me to make bronze weapon smith, but later they switch to iron(despite it is a loooong way until iron age). Not only that, other cities does not sell any weapons to me(I've selected to buy but I never received even one weapon).
posted 04-24-13 11:41 ET (US)     16 / 21  
Since my question fit in this thread I'll ask it here instead of making a new one. According to this Availability Timeline it said that in 770 BC Crossbow Fort is available, but I'm not allowed to build one. I'm playing in Open Play and set the age to Bronze Age and the game took me to 600 BC. I'm playing with the patch version 1.0.1.0. Is there something wrong?
posted 04-24-13 17:54 ET (US)     17 / 21  
You might have to create several open play sessions with different random seeds before crossbow forts spawn for you to build. You also might need to adjust the age to iron or steel. Also selecting a map other than arid might help.

posted 04-25-13 11:45 ET (US)     18 / 21  
@Gweilo,

I been meaning to ask what is "Random Seeds" mean? I noticed that in Open Play but I have no idea what it is. Yeah, I noticed that if I put the age to Iron or Steel Age, I get Crossbow and Cavalry Forts. The map I'm currently using is the Qin capital Xian Yang.
posted 04-25-13 17:32 ET (US)     19 / 21  
Read the explanation in the Game FAQ

http://emperor.heavengames.com/faq/general#random

posted 04-25-13 20:37 ET (US)     20 / 21  
Gweilo,

So it pretty much saying if I type in (i.e. 123) I will get the same stuff if I play on the same/different map, right?
posted 04-26-13 16:27 ET (US)     21 / 21  
That's correct as long as you don't change any of the other parameters when generating the open play session.

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » problem with weapons and forts
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames