Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Open Play - Bronze Age - Iron Weaponsmiths appearing
posted 06-04-12 03:55 ET (US)   
I have this annoying problem where after I have installed the game, I can play a few games perfectly well, but after a while, when I build weaponsmiths, they stay as bronze weaponsmiths for a while, but then suddenly turn into iron ones. As a result, I cannot build weapons and the workers remain inactive as they are waiting for iron. I have searched the forums where someone posted this problem but nobody seemed to have a solution. I am playing a recently purchased game from the company SoldOut. Otherwise really enjoying the game but this is obviously a game breaking problem, can anyone help?
Replies:
posted 06-04-12 19:58 ET (US)     1 / 2  
Do you have the game patch installed?

Did you try the compatibility mode setting as described in this thread:

http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,4484,,all
posted 06-05-12 09:20 ET (US)     2 / 2  
Thanks for the reply

1. Because my copy is distributed by SoldOut, the patch on this forum doesn't work. I have seen this mentioned on other forum threads although I am still confused whether the patch is already incorporated into the SoldOut version of the game or not.

2. I happened to find the thread that you have included after I posted this question so I did try it. Sadly that doesn't work either, not even after restarting the game.

Previously, I uninstalled the game and re-installed it, the problem went away for about 5 or 6 games but then returned. I have also tried basic things such as building the bronze smelter and then waiting before building the weaponsmith but no go there either.

I have started playing iron age now and so far so good there, but obviously it is rather disappointing not to be able to play bronze age.

[This message has been edited by qanrs (edited 06-05-2012 @ 09:21 AM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Open Play - Bronze Age - Iron Weaponsmiths appearing
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames