Please login or register

Emperor: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Frustratingly aggressive cities
posted 05-07-13 04:28 ET (US)   
I recently returned to Emperor after a few years.
But I now encounter a problem which I think is some kind of bug.
In every historical campaign mission I play every rival turns hostile in no-time no matter what I do. I keep sending gifts of what they need, even cash sometimes but I can't keep them from turning hostile. They even kill the emissaries that bring them their gifts.
Sooner or later they will start invading me for no reason. One city even sent me 3 invasions in 3 months. There's nothing I can do against that, certainly not in the missions that don't even allow me to build forts.
I don't remember being attacked in a mission that doesn't allow forts even once when I played the game years ago.

My version is 1.0.1.0
I'm playing on normal difficulty

Is there a solution to this problem?
Replies:
posted 05-07-13 17:56 ET (US)     1 / 3  
Are you sure you are playing the core historical campaigns? It almost sounds like you are in 'Open Play'.

Also: where did you get your copy of Emperor?

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
posted 05-08-13 07:34 ET (US)     2 / 3  
I'm sure I'm playing the historical campaigns
I torrented this version since my original CD is at my parents' at the moment, can that be the cause of the problem?

Also: I encountered another problem: in my world map, al button captions are wrong, e.g. it says "send spy" in stead of "send gift"
posted 05-08-13 17:16 ET (US)     3 / 3  
Yes it could be the problem. You should only play with a legal copy of the game. I need to close this thread for that reason.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Game Help » Frustratingly aggressive cities
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames