Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Entertainment
posted 07-28-00 16:44 ET (US)   
I've spent some time investigating entertainment so here is some more data,the houses which evolved had access to the entertainment and all venues had performers.
The entertainment numbers are from c3model.txt.
With only a hippodrome housing will evolve to small villas, entertainment 35.
A hippodrome theatre will evove housing to large villas, entertainment 45
A hippodrome and ampitheatre will evolve housing to grand villas, entertainment 50
A hippodrome and colosseum will evolve housing to medium palaces, entertainment 60.
Hence hippodrome = 35.
Colosseum =25.
Ampitheatre = 15.
Theatre = 10.
Total 85
Presumably the other 15 comes from city coverage.
As a check, a colloseum with two shows will evolve housing to large insulae, entertainment 25.

Replies:
posted 07-28-00 19:31 ET (US)     1 / 16  
Theo,

City-wide entertainment coverage is worth 20 out of 100 entertainment points, with up to 5 "bonus" points (for "perfect" coverage) from each type. A hippodrome automatically has "perfect" city-wide coverage, providing 5 "bonus" points. (If we assume that the rest of your numbers are correct, that'd mean that a chariot provides 30 "regular" entertainment points.)

I'm a little concerned about the effect of theater, amphitheater, and colosseum "bonus" points on your tests. If non-hippodrome city-wide "coverage" was rather poor, then your numbers ought to be good (with the hippodrome correction mentioned above).

posted 07-29-00 14:12 ET (US)     2 / 16  
Hi Brugle, yes I agree with your conclusion.
The tests were all done seperately going back to the original sav file each time , which had no entertainment, and installing only the venues I was testing.
Apart from the hippodrome the coverage of other venues was very sparse. Non of the large shacks evolved because of city coverage. They did not show up on the overall entertainment overlay.

posted 07-31-00 14:41 ET (US)     3 / 16  
thanks for the info theo...i was wondering about that a while ago...
posted 08-03-00 11:38 ET (US)     4 / 16  
That's interesting information there. I suppose that mixing and matching different entertainment sources could offer ways to selectively hold back housing at different levels. I usually just give all of my plebeian housing theater and amphitheater access to get to large insulae.

After that, I just let them have "access to all the entertainment they could ever desire."

-Dave

posted 08-04-00 08:11 ET (US)     5 / 16  
Theo, inspired by your investigations, here are my additions.

theater10 ptsif (destination or random) actor passes by
amphitheater15 ptsif actor or gladiator passes by towards amphitheater with 2 shows
10 ptselse
colosseum25 ptsif liontamer or gladiator passes by towards colosseum with 2 shows
15 ptselse
hippodrome30 ptsif (destination or random) chariot maker passes by

The single gladiator below is enough for 25 colosseum pts!!

Legend

RRRRR) RRRRRRRR
y H C l

[This message has been edited by catilina (edited 08-04-2000).]

posted 08-08-00 15:58 ET (US)     6 / 16  
Thanks for all the replies. I have severe problems with my PC and web access, I am trying to change my ISP, without much success so if anyone has mailed me, sorry can't read.
I have finished my investigations into markets, graneries, warehouses etc. and will start a new thread in a couple of days, if MS lets me.
posted 08-08-00 17:06 ET (US)     7 / 16  
thanks for the info, i'll try this stuff out, I just want my people to be so rich and get to the lvl were they dont even work heh
besides the palaces are cool looking

ICQ # 91691837
posted 08-26-00 08:32 ET (US)     8 / 16  
Maybe you would like to know.
40 entertainment points (excl. up to 20 bonus points for citywide coverage) for the house on the left, only because of a single gladiator passing by (towards both amphitheater and colosseum, both protected by an engineer, not working but 2 shows).

Medium Villa 40 entertainment pts
Large Vila 45 pts
Luxury Villa 50 pts
Small Palace 55 pts
Medium Palace 60 pts

Legend
posted 08-26-00 08:33 ET (US)     9 / 16  
Thanks for the info!
posted 08-29-00 05:06 ET (US)     10 / 16  
A few addenda to the above

I've conducted a few tests recently, and concluded that a random walker generated by a colosseum or amphitheatre with two shows will bestow the full number of entertainment points available from that venue. The scheme is thus modified as follows. A house receives points if it passed by a walker associated with an entertainment venue. A walker is associated with an entertainment venue if:

• It is generated by that venue

• It is on the way to that venue from a performer school
  • Points are awarded on the following scale:

VenueNo. of ShowsPoints
    Theatren/a10
    Amphitheatre0-110
    Colosseum0-115
    Hippodromen/a30

Further to this, I have been examining the way that overall coverage points are awarded. Nero Would has developed an excellent formula which describes the process for Pharaoh, which, with suitable modifications also works for C3.

Citywide coverage is reported by the entertainment advisor and is based on the number of venues of each type per head of population. 'Perfect' coverage requires one theatre for every 400 people, one amphitheatre for every 800, one colosseum for every 1500, and one hippodrome. The level of citywide coverage (the coverage index) for each venue is calculated as follows:

[Coverage index] = [Number of venues] * [Venue coverage] / [Population]

The coverage index is rounded down to 2 decimal places, and is never more than one. Your entertainment advisor then reports your citywide coverage as follows:

Coverage
    Index
    Advisor
    reports
    Coverage
    Index
    Advisor
    reports
    1.00Perfect0.40-0.59Average
    0.90-0.99Excellent0.30-0.39Below Average
    0.80-0.89Very Good0.20-0.29Poor
    0.70-0.79Good0.10-0.19Very Poor
    0.60-0.69Above Average0.00-0.09None

To work out your bonus entertainment points, work out the coverage indices for the 4 venues (remember that for a Hippodrome, it's either 0 or 1), rounding down to two decimal places. Then add the coverage indices together, multiply by five, and round down.

Example: A city of 4175 people, with 4 theatres (coverage for 2000), one amphitheatre (800), one colosseum (1500), and one hippodrome (all of them)

Calculate the coverage indices:
    Theatre: 2000/4175=0.479 rounds to 0.47
    Amphitheatre: 800/4175=0.191 rounds to 0.19
    Colosseum: 1500/4157=0.361 rounds to 0.36
    Hippodrome: 1.00 rounds to 1.00

Add them up: (0.47+0.19+0.36+1.0)=2.13

Multiply by 5: 5*2.13=10.65

Round down: 10

Every house receives 10 'coverage' entertainment points, in addition to any it receives from walker coverage.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Creon (edited 08-30-2000).]

posted 08-29-00 05:09 ET (US)     11 / 16  
Please be aware that it was indeed me who posted the last reply... for some reason the Forum refused to acknowledge the existence of this ID for a few minutes. Odd.

Alan

[This message has been edited by Caesar Alan (edited 08-30-2000).]

posted 08-29-00 08:05 ET (US)     12 / 16  
That is fabulous info!!! Thanks a ton Creon!!!
posted 08-29-00 10:43 ET (US)     13 / 16  
Alan, a few minor details

Your table is as misleading as mine.
The random actor / gladiator of a no-show-amphitheater / colosseum is worth 10/15 pts.

ciy-wide coverage: none=0.00, "sparse"= up to 0.09

BTW, you can use whatever you find in my posts.

posted 08-29-00 16:42 ET (US)     14 / 16  
great info everyone! id just like to add two obersations to this thread:
walker coverage (entertainer walkers) is not needed as follows:
a hipprodrome in the city will give enough entertainment to riase all houses to casa level, and adding a colosium (so long as its the proper coverage) will give enough "city coverage" to riase all houses to large insulae. niether venue needs to have walkers to walk around town nor do they need any shows. this may give some idea of city-coverage. my ghess is that if a house gets passed by a preformer it gets a 5pt entertainment boost.
posted 08-29-00 22:02 ET (US)     15 / 16  
GovernorSimulus,
You've got it backwards. "Perfect" city-wide coverage of an entertainment type is worth 5 points, and being passed by an entertainment walker is worth more (at least 10). A hippodrome in a city gives each house 5 entertainment points (from its "perfect" city-wide coverage), which is (without chariots passing by) not enough to evolve houses to casas (which require 10 entertainment points).
posted 08-30-00 06:23 ET (US)     16 / 16  
OOPS - well spotted catilina... I've edited the main post

Alan

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Entertainment
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames