You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Warehouses as roadblocks?
posted 01-19-02 07:14 ET (US)   
Something new every day? I didn't know that destination walkers treat the northern tiles of warehouses as road tiles.

North is top left.

Legend
Replies:
posted 01-19-02 08:00 ET (US)     1 / 7  
I've never heard of that before either catilina, very interesting, and potentially very useful.
posted 01-19-02 08:11 ET (US)     2 / 7  
An interesting discovery, Catilina. Do give us more details. Only the destination walkers or random walkers as well?

D XUAN
posted 01-19-02 10:34 ET (US)     3 / 7  
Is your warehouse working? I thought the middle tile of any side had to be connected to the road in order to function. That might be why the top corner gets considered "road."
posted 01-19-02 13:14 ET (US)     4 / 7  
From my notes:

Warehouses have a dual nature. When a road is placed directly adjacent to the Pulley Tower, both the recruiter and the cart pusher treat it as a 1x1 building and act as Long Road walkers based out of that one tile; otherwise, the walkers act as Long Road walkers. Similarly, whenever the Pulley Tower has a road directly adjacent, Cart Pushers arriving from other buildings will select the Pulley Tower tile as their destination; otherwise they select the first clockwise tile (no corners). Warehouse Pulleys count as a road link for connecting buildings, but random walkers generally do not cross them.

I barely remember these experiments, so I could be mistaken about what follows. While destination walkers would cross pulley tower tiles, random walkers usually didn't but sometimes did. I seem to recall that doctors and school kids were the most likely to cross the pulley tower, but others generally wouldn't. I think prefects and engineers also crossed them often enough to make relying on warehouse pulleys to act as gatehouses dangerous. As with gardens, random walkers only entererd them when a road was on the other side.

posted 01-20-02 07:42 ET (US)     5 / 7  
The 'pulley tower' is in fact, really an individual structure of its own. The other 8 tiles are called 'warehouse spaces'. Got that from the model text file

However, Catilina isn't talking about the 'pulley tower', right? It's about the northern tile here, but that information certainly is a warning for all of us, Treborius. Thanks.

D XUAN
posted 01-20-02 14:59 ET (US)     6 / 7  
Duan Xuan, I am talking about the 'pulley tower' ( = the northern tile of the warehouse). It wasn't me, who 'glyphied' the warehouse.
posted 01-21-02 04:36 ET (US)     7 / 7  
Oops. Sorry, I forgot that the northern tile of a Warehoues is the 'pulley tower'. I don't like to have roads linking to the side of the Warehouse (pulley tower). The cartpushers just have to walk another tile more. I try to make it as short as possible.

D XUAN
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Warehouses as roadblocks?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames