Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: 2 Hippodromes
posted 02-12-02 01:33 ET (US)   
Hi, Can anyone help me. I have never tried to get 2 Hippodromes before but would like to now for a particular scenario I am doing. I tried with the speed at 10% like you do for barracks but didn't work for me. Is it possible or not?
Thanks for help.

[This message has been edited by Clifford (edited 02-12-2002 @ 01:42 AM).]

Replies:
posted 02-12-02 08:57 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Say, Clifford, this "particular scenario" wouldn't be "Day at the Races" would it?

Whether or not it is possible to have two hippodromes, I don't know. But I have to wonder -- why would you want two? It seems to me that you provide housing access to the hippodrome via chariot schools, which you can put just about anywhere. So what would be the point of an extra hippodrome? I suppose if unemployment were really bad that might help, but surely extra academies or hospitals would be more cost effective.

posted 02-12-02 09:25 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Clifford It is possible

Since I'm feeling generous, the method is as follows.

1. Build first Hippodrome.
2. Slow game to 10% speed.
3. Delete first Hippodrome, then pause.
4. Select the Hippodrome again, and unpause.
5. When the first Hippodrome disappears from the screen, the cursor for the second Hippodrome turns green. Undo the delete of the first Hippodrome, and place the second as desired.

I think you can then repeat this trick for third (and subsequent) Hippodromes, by deleting all of the existing Hippodromes with a single sweep of the clear tool. I could be wrong though...

Caesar Alan
CityBuildingContests.net | The Appian Way | The Trojan Horse (currently offline)
captain_prelims@hotmail.com
This season I will be mostly doing... Microwave Spectroscopy
posted 02-12-02 15:51 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Thanks CA, I will try that.

wolf,wolf,wolf, you aren't getting nervous are you. And mind your own business. All may be revealed in due course or not as the case maybe. As I always say "There is more than one way to skin a dead cat". Why I say it, I don't know but it is usually true.

Since you mentioned day at the races, i hope you are enjotying it?

"I'd rather die with memories than dreams"
posted 02-12-02 19:45 ET (US)     4 / 4  
Yes, I am enjoying "Day at the Races." And one hippodrome is plenty for me, although I do have more than one chariot school, the exact number being classified, of course.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » 2 Hippodromes
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames