You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Have you ever seen an invasion in December?
posted 08-15-02 17:14 ET (US)   
I just wonder if anybody has ever got an invasion, a request from the emperor, or a price change in January, February, November or December? As far as I can tell, I haven't.
Replies:
posted 08-15-02 18:00 ET (US)     1 / 7  
I've never seen any of those events during the months November-February. However, it is true that a god's blessing can come in any month, so presumably so could a curse. In that sense I believe it is theoretically possible to have a wave of raiders sent by Mars during one of the "forbidden" months.
posted 08-16-02 08:13 ET (US)     2 / 7  
In Caesarea your hit with an Invasion your first January, With just towers and prefects to stop it.
posted 08-16-02 08:38 ET (US)     3 / 7  
No, not really, I haven't seen no such events in november-january... bye!

Soylent green is people, people I tell you!

posted 08-16-02 21:54 ET (US)     4 / 7  
In Miletus I have an invasion in Dec 220BC recorded.In Massilia I have an invasion in November 111AD. In Londinium I have one in Nov 58AD and one in Nov 63AD and in Feb 63 AD.These are the only examples I can find in my limited lists of scenarios played. There were lots of wage changes in these months. I didn't look for requests but think there were some.Yes in Lindum Nov 106 AD a request.
posted 08-17-02 21:02 ET (US)     5 / 7  

I'm referring to the dates logged in the "messages from your scribes". Invasions are reported at the end of a month, which means they take effect in the following month.

Gteat Cornholio:
In Caesarea you get an uprising inspired by Mars in the first January. As wolf said, these can come in every month.

Caesar Clifford, my saves show the following:
I have no invasion in Miletus in 220 BC (the starting year). Did you make Mars angry that fast?
Massilia: invasion in Oct 111 AD (not in Nov)
Londinium: invasions in Oct 58 AD (not Nov), Oct 63 AD (not Nov), none in Feb 63 AD
Lindum: request in Oct 106 AD (not Nov)

The table shows cumulated numbers from 21 analyzed games, which covers the later career games, various CBC scenarios, and some selfmade scenarios:

JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
requests for goods00272130281622204000
price changes00145111111138800
invasions*00262922263420183300

*including requests for armies

It's good to know once it's November you won't be bothered with invasions, requests and price changes for the next four months.

[This message has been edited by Caesar Jan (edited 08-17-2002 @ 09:10 PM).]

posted 08-17-02 21:42 ET (US)     6 / 7  
Next time I do a scenario I'll do extensive research in the possibilities. I wish for a sequence that goes like 120 in december followed by 120 in january the next year, (now why isn't there an evil grin smiley around when you need one?).
posted 08-18-02 04:34 ET (US)     7 / 7  
I was testing one of my own maps and a price raise and earthquake occured both on the same time: January, unfortunatly I don't saved the game, if I had only knew you would get up with this topic!!
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Have you ever seen an invasion in December?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames