Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Disconnected Warehouse Bug
posted 08-23-02 08:51 ET (US)   
Recently I stumbled upon a bug in Pharaoh/Cleo that occurs when a storage yard containing goods is disconnected from the road network. The goods in that SY are no longer reported by the overseer, though they remain present. When the SY is connected again, the goods re-appear.

As C3 has the same game engine as Pharaoh, I guessed the same bug ocurs in C3, and indeed it does. When a warehouse containing goods is disconnected, the goods are no longer seen by the overseer. Also the traders don't see the goods. For now I can think of just two applications of the feature.

The first is importing more than the traders are willing to deliver. Apart from the maximum traders sell, imports are also limited by the size of your city and its industry. When you want to import more, put the goods in a disconnected warhouse, and the traders will continue delivering till they reach their maximum.

When exporting you can set the amount above which you export, but that is limited to 100. By having extra goods in a disconnected warehouse, that limit can be exceeded.

Disconnected warehouses don't need labor.

In Pharaoh the one tile distance is needed to provide fire and damage protection, in C3 that is not necessary. You may put the warehouse any place you like, it only needs access to the labour pool when it's active.

Replies:
posted 08-23-02 09:04 ET (US)     1 / 8  
I consider it more of a feature than a bug. You can import more stuff with this trick. For example, you might face some maps with a request of 100 Pottery. If you can't produce Pottery/Clay, you will have to import them. However, C3 limits your import amount according to your population size and available stocks.

Disconnecting full Warehouses of particular goods will thus beat this limit. When you have stocked up 100 Pottery, you can reconnect all the Warehouses and your Trade Advisor will display the presence of all of them. Neat stuff I learned here.

D XUAN
posted 08-23-02 09:41 ET (US)     2 / 8  
DX

Any bug is a feature if used cleverly. I don't think it was put in deliberately by the programmers, which from the point of programming makes it a bug.

A "full warehouse", are you sure you have the right game ?

posted 08-23-02 10:00 ET (US)     3 / 8  
If you want to store up goods, like the example I gave about meeting a Pottery request, then you would of course want to stock up a FULL Warehouse. Fill them up 32 cartloads each and disconnect them until you have an actual amount of 100 (or more).

D XUAN
posted 08-23-02 18:29 ET (US)     4 / 8  
New one to me.

If you have a disconnected wharehouse how come it doesn't burn down or fall down?????

posted 08-24-02 03:24 ET (US)     5 / 8  
This is a feature that is well enough known to have been used by a number of people in contests. Whether it should be considered a "bug" is questionable--I could (but won't ) argue that it would be a bug if goods in disconnected warehouses were counted.

Clifford,
A warehouse, on a road or not, does not collapse or (by itself) catch fire. Watch a warehouse in the Risks/Damage and Risks/Fire overlays.

posted 08-24-02 07:01 ET (US)     6 / 8  
Thanks, I did not know this. There's always something new to learn in this game. Do cartpushers and land traders still get goods from disconnected wharehouses?
posted 08-24-02 10:02 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Nope. They don't have road connection. Also, after a while they lose employee access, which make them inactive.

D XUAN
posted 08-26-02 07:45 ET (US)     8 / 8  
To avoid confusion, the warehouse becomes active again in the sense that its goods are observed by the advisor, the traders and other warehouses once it is connected to any network. It doesn't need to have labor for that. For instance a getting warehouse will remove goods from it once a single tile is connected to the warehouse.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Disconnected Warehouse Bug
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames