You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: city mood at "very hard" level, limit at 200 population?
posted 01-14-03 13:47 ET (US)   
Hi thereThis happened to me in all scenarios so far, but reaching Tarsos I cannot overcome it anymore. When the city population reaches 200, the city mood becomes poor, people hate me and are leaving the city. As soon as the population drops under 200, people come back. The following conditions apply:1. I'm playing at the very hard level2. All houses have access to clean water3. No house has problems to get food4. All houses have access to all 5 temples5. No fires, no collapses6. Enough money (mainly from "give to city" function)7. City health is average (all houses have doctor access)8. No entertainment or education yet (I once tried to give access to a theater, but it didn't help)9. Enemies are closing on the city and I do not have any barracks or forts yet, since I cannot even staff my iron/weapon industry10. No events with Caesar yet11. 2 large festivals to Venus each year, she lifts the spirit, but that doesn't change anything eitherIn the previous levels I could overcome this, building a lot of housing so after an immigration wave the population was over 500. Suddenly people honored me as a god and everything was running smoothly.I'm desperate, I tried everything I could think of, please HELP!
Replies:
posted 01-14-03 16:50 ET (US)     1 / 1  
Hi Eric, welcome to Caesar III Heaven.

catilina discovered the cause of this problem. At Very Hard difficulty, city sentiment gets quite bad when the city has between 200 and 300 people. The key to getting past the problem is to have a large number of immigrants on the map as the population goes over 200, so that the population quickly rises to over 300 before the worsening city sentiment causes many people to leave.

This is the main reason why I play Caesar III at Hard difficulty, not at Very Hard. If you find Hard difficulty too easy, try not using any personal funds.

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 01-14-2003 @ 04:54 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » city mood at "very hard" level, limit at 200 population?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames