You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Wow, I'm getting this game (qs)
posted 06-19-99 18:07 ET (US)   
Well, I took the advice of moving slowly, and it sure does help!

I was building like an RTS, trying to bring as many villagers in as possible. . . tent cities!

hehe once I started slowing down, I got past hovel level. Neat. (I also found out that you can fit a lot of people in one block! )

OK here's the deal:
I'm on the infamous Lugdunum and having a helluva time. :-(

I've got my initial draw of citizens to come in and set up housing on the road to Rome, and I develop industry there later. My REAL block begins down on the farmland (where else) etc etc. . .

so all that is no problem. . . I'm doing pretty well on the scenario (I think) but some market antics have been infuriating me.

I've got trade routes coming in, and I am importing fruit. But the market lady WILL NOT go to the warehouse to get it!!! (This is to supply the industry strip and get them past tent level . . .)

I tried setting up a granary up in them thar hills with the Get Goods setting, but no go.
The fruit just sits and rots in my warehouse. . . what am I doing wrong?

SEcond, is it just a matter of time before the natives become hunky-dory with you? Do you need to stimulate trade with a warehouse, or will they go to a market for goods?

Replies:
posted 06-19-99 18:23 ET (US)     1 / 4  
A market lady will never go to a warehouse for food, only a granary. The warehouseman will take food to the nearest granary that's accepting it. So long as your warehouse isn't too far away from the granary, and the granary is accepting fruit, the warehouseman will take it there & the market lady will possibly collect it (if she's having a good day & hasn't anything better to do at the time). Don't set the granary to getting fruit as that instructs the granary worker to get fruit from another granary, not the warehouse. If your granary is too far from the warehouse, put another granary in between accepting fruit & the faraway one to getting fruit & it should get there eventually.

Good luck.

posted 06-19-99 19:29 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Glad to see we have been some help!

Yes, King Crimson, the natives are restless. Check your overlay map for 'natives'. That is their territory and it takes a mission station or two to teach them some manners.

And they will trade with you once they are pacified. Pay the going rate for goods, too.

They blew up some of my buildings before I figured out how to live with them. I dont think your troops will attack them, in fact they may be protected by one of the societies that spring up like weeds here on the forum.....

posted 06-19-99 19:53 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Well well well another game junkie
Now a couple of tips:
Do not build a bridge to the native area until you have your missions up and running.
Build in a road in the native area to connect the hut sitting up against the cliffs. Give him a mission post.
When the overlays show no more orange the natives are your friends.

You still should not build the bridge cause there are wolves that will eat your people. They are in the native area and up in the good farmland. Got to do something about the wolves first.

Cherub Mouse
Click here to go to Pharaoh Heaven

posted 06-20-99 12:59 ET (US)     4 / 4  
Also remember that the infamous market lady will look for wheat first, so she might wander off to you granary, find it emtpy wander off etc...

As for the missionaires, I still wonder how they get their stuff across the water, as they don't seem to need a bridge! or worker access (eventhought right-click will say they've no workers, they still go out and convert the heathen masses

------------------
Homage to thee, Osiris, Lord of eternity, King of the Gods, whose names are manifold, whose forms are holy, thou being of hidden form in the temples, whose Ka is holy."
-- Book of the Dead (1240 BC)

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Wow, I'm getting this game (qs)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames