You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: How do you make citizens say this is a fantasitc city?
posted 05-20-03 18:45 ET (US)   
how do ya make them say something better then "this city seems alright" such as this is a fantastic city or something.
Replies:
posted 05-20-03 19:44 ET (US)     1 / 15  
I don't know. Try making a nice city: everyone in a decent house, good city mood and health, a fair amount of entertainment, all ratings high, stuff like that. Probably not all of those things are necessary.
posted 05-21-03 00:49 ET (US)     2 / 15  
Your August Sirs,

Dmytry: you have asked one of the hardest questions. Imagine taking a cross country trip with a group of 13-14 year olds and all of them whining all of the time. Nothing against teenagers, I was one once. But the citizens in C3 are whiners. In later Sierra games the citizens are much more positive. This is a good feature in C3, in that they tell you what is most wrong (from their point of view).

The best I have ever done is "this city seems all right" (or something to that effect). When the grannery's were full, the wharehouses stocked and every service for that housing type was supplied.

Do not expect God like addulation from this lot in C3.

Regards,

J a c k N o i r

[This message has been edited by Jack Noir (edited 05-21-2003 @ 00:50 AM).]

posted 05-21-03 01:51 ET (US)     3 / 15  
It's actually quite easy, in theory. If all subjects on the Main Adviser sceen are black, they will say something like this is a fantastic city. I never have been able to do that for a long time though, but it did happen to me several times.
posted 05-21-03 19:03 ET (US)     4 / 15  
Ok thank you for your respones. Going to go make a fantastic city now
posted 05-23-03 15:49 ET (US)     5 / 15  
hum how interesting just made a fantastic city on the 3rd mission (1st milatary one). You dont need good ratings just "all needs are met" and unemployment <5% good food supply and i think poeople need to idolize you as a god (not shure)
posted 05-31-03 22:06 ET (US)     6 / 15  
EJay, theoretically that should work, but it doesn't. Till now I haven't found out under what circumstances will the people praise the city.

This is a good question, but I'm afraid nobody can answer it. I tried many times to find out. For example, I've made all the statements in the Chief Advisor turn black and not red, but the people still doesn't praise me. In fact, I once had a couple of red statements and the people started saying how great the city was.

I've tried reducing taxes to 0% but it doesn't work.

I've tried improving the city sentiment (under the Chief Advisor) but it doesn't work either. Even if people treat you as a god, they might not be praising the city.

My conclusion is that it's sort of a random thing when your city has reached a high level of progress.

D XUAN
posted 11-17-04 17:17 ET (US)     7 / 15  
this is a good question, and since i didn't find an answer anywhere, forgive me the revival of this old tread.

To make citizens on the street pleased think about how you can make them displeased and do the opposite For example no one complains about low wages or high taxes so give it a shot - take a "fantastic" city and reduce its wages to 0 and raise taxes to 25. You will see no effect in your citizens' replies.

They complain about:
little food in the granaries
low entertainment
high unemployment or many of job vacancies
gods' mood
possibly something else i don't remeber right now.

if you make an all "perfect" city but have supplies in your granaries for only 3 months even though your chief advisor will not mark it as a concern you will only get 8 out of 10 for your city. 5 months will give you full score i believe.

entertainment is based on the average entertainment individual houses get and not on the overall coverage. delete all of your entertainment buildings in your "fantastic" city and you will see that the ratings will drop only after several months pass.

there is a bit more to say but i'm getting sleepy as it's almost 12:30am here and you can probably figure it out easily . if there is anything unclear though - ask and i will answer.

posted 11-18-04 04:07 ET (US)     8 / 15  
2 important things to add:

your city's population must be 600 or more

some houses, though i do not know what %, must have access to a school.

i'm pretty sure this covers all that's needed for a fantastic city: i just built a city consisting of small tents only, and it became "fantastic" as soon as the population hit 600.

posted 11-18-04 04:27 ET (US)     9 / 15  
Interesting stuff, Lemmus. Looks like we're finally going to unravel the mystery which has always been bugging me ever since I played C3.
posted 11-18-04 14:09 ET (US)     10 / 15  
thanks for these words DX, if there is something else that's bugging you pass it on i'm glad to be of assistance
posted 11-18-04 19:51 ET (US)     11 / 15  
What I'm wondering now is about the "build-up" of a fantastic city, rather than the "breaking-down", if you get what I mean.
posted 11-19-04 06:22 ET (US)     12 / 15  
whether a city is fantastic seems to depend on the total number of points you get from various factors. i cannot give you the figures without precise testing but you can easily overdo most of what's necessary not to need to worry about the minimum.

here is the check list for "building-up" a fantastic city

- have some citizens , >500 is ok though in my small tent city 600 were needed

- stock a good food reserve: 4 months will do but 5-6 or more may be better.

- please the gods; temples/oracles suffice, you dont need to have any festivals

- give jobs to those who want them, but keep a few fellows like me unemployed

- entertain your citizens, and this means give your houses access to venues. in my test city a colliseum with 2 shows was enough, so it shouldn't be too hard providing the necessary entertainment in a normal city.

- give your houses access to a school (this is necessary to get full marks, it's not only for the comment "This city is fantastic!" )

if you believe that all these are fulfilled and you actors insist that the city isn't too bad mail it, and we'll see what else is necessary that is missing here.

On the side, what's your average tax rate DX? I always use 38 wages and 25% tax and people love me or more

posted 11-20-04 09:51 ET (US)     13 / 15  
Lemmus,

Hmmm, i have my doubts about whether what you've said is correct or not. Once in my city, the librarian's speech changed from "full marks" to "8 out of 10" although i didn't change anything. Probably it's because of something like increasing population etc that might have gone unnoticed by me. But if you wanna take a look at the city, do say so. I'll send it right away! Aye sir!

- Alexander the Great
posted 11-20-04 10:33 ET (US)     14 / 15  
mail it and it will be fantastic in no time

[This message has been edited by lemmus (edited 04-03-2007 @ 09:26 PM).]

posted 11-23-04 02:14 ET (US)     15 / 15  
Lemmus,
my computer is under maintenence now and i'm not able to mail my saved game to you. But after i posted my last reply, i remembered of sorts that my city is doing well now. I guess i must have twiddle with it before i saved it.

- Alexander the Great
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » How do you make citizens say this is a fantasitc city?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames