You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Brugle luxury palace block - how many temples needed?
posted 09-07-05 15:17 ET (US)   
I've seen the "Brugle luxury palace block" pictured on several sites, for example at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/2974/

It only has three temples. I'm confused: aren't four (or is it five) temples required for luxury palaces?

Tropos

Replies:
posted 09-07-05 18:36 ET (US)     1 / 15  
No, 3 is the number!
posted 09-07-05 18:43 ET (US)     2 / 15  
I always thought 3, but recently I've found out it takes 3 to get luxury palaces, but only 2 to keep them. Learn something new all the time in this game.
posted 09-07-05 19:08 ET (US)     3 / 15  
Naghite,
I didn't know you could eliminate coverage from a god and luxury palaces wouldn't devolve. Normally I wouldn't have any use for that information, but there's this "challenge" going on...
posted 09-08-05 02:27 ET (US)     4 / 15  
It seems that 1 temple is enough to maintain a luxury palace.
posted 09-08-05 09:39 ET (US)     5 / 15  
Is that troth for all other types of houses, or only for luxury Palaces?

And do you have to achieve a high religion rating?

In my recent tests the one temple block doesn’t apply to large or grand villa

[This message has been edited by Sergius Laudius (edited 09-08-2005 @ 11:32 AM).]

posted 09-08-05 15:38 ET (US)     6 / 15  
I've been testing in the Brugle luxury palace block and the cconlusion is:
That it is possible to build Medium, Large and Luxury Palace Blocks with only one temple.
Also that Large Palaces dont need the passing of the chariot near their "doors".
posted 09-08-05 20:56 ET (US)     7 / 15  
In my tests, luxury palaces didn't need any religious coverage to be stable.
posted 09-09-05 08:05 ET (US)     8 / 15  
It never ceases to amaze me how things like this are being discovered after all these years.

I don't really see how this can help in White Oaks though (someone might find a way). It wouldn't have helped me. I could have saved 10 workers on temples, sure enough, but I'd then either have to have a dock (12 workers) or put up with the incessant "dock needed" messages for 50 years in order to get marble for oracles, or else get cursed by the gods all the time (not an option).

posted 09-12-05 02:43 ET (US)     9 / 15  
Hi Brugle,

I am a bit puzzled by the no temples needed.
I am also playing White Oaks and after reading this thread I decided to delete all 5 temples. My palace had full access to the 5 temples, I had about 700 people and two oracles. So this should be more then enough to keep the gods happy.
But after a few years the palace devolved to shacks with the message not enough religious coverage. Do I just have to keep on trying, hoping someday it won't devolve or am I doing something wrong?

Henrium

posted 09-12-05 06:44 ET (US)     10 / 15  
Probably the problem was not only the temples, but the supply of a good our lack of entertainment venues. For instance if you lack of wine enough time to the Palace devolve in villa our even small palace, then he will devolve all the way down. Use only this trick when you have really stable block.
posted 09-12-05 09:49 ET (US)     11 / 15  
Henrium,

The luxury palace would have lost all religious coverage no more than 6 months after the temples were deleted, so (as Sergius Laudius suggests) something else caused it to start devolving. However, once it devolved as far as a small palace, it would notice the lack of religion and devolve down to a small shack. To find the problem, just run the same city again and click on the palace as it starts to devolve (but before it devolves as far as a small palace).

Re: being puzzled. For years, we've known that coverage from 3 gods is sufficient to form any housing, even though c3_model.txt says that medium, large, and luxury palaces need 4. If I had thought about why, I may have guessed that the code was written to require a maximum of 3 gods' coverage. However, it is now clear that the code ignores religious coverage when c3_model.txt says that a house needs 4, perhaps because it only checks the low-order 2 bits (which would treat 4 as 0). The underlying reason isn't important, only the fact (and even that doesn't usually matter much, except in weird situations like the White Oaks Challenge).

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 09-12-2005 @ 11:54 AM).]

posted 09-12-05 19:58 ET (US)     12 / 15  
This reminds me of something that happens to my houses sometimes. Once I didn't give my shacks any entertainment yet they were able to evolve all the way up to large casas before they said anything about not having enough entertainment. This is sort of like in the the Citizen rank where things can get to small shacks without markets.
posted 09-12-05 20:04 ET (US)     13 / 15  
Adding to my previous reply:

The overlays are the following

Entertainment: Overall
- This dwelling barely has any entertainment at all
Entertainment: Theater
- No Theater access
Entertainment: Amphitheater
- No Amphitheater access
Entertainment: Colleseum
- No Colleseum access
Entertainment: Hippodrome
- No Hippodrome access

posted 09-12-05 20:19 ET (US)     14 / 15  
leon_math,

A house can obtain entertainment "points" either from entertainers passing by (up to 80 "points" total) or from city-wide entertainment coverage (up to 20 "points" total). Large hovels through large casas require 10 entertainment "points", which can come either from any kind of entertainer passing by or from enough city wide entertainment coverage (such as from "perfect" coverage from 2 of the 4 venues or from not-as-good coverage from more venues). For details, see reply #10 in this Entertainment thread.

This is not at all like what happens in the Citizen rank, which was created using the "Rome supplies wheat" option (or perhaps some other "tutorial" option that is not generally available).

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 09-12-2005 @ 08:24 PM).]

posted 09-13-05 02:12 ET (US)     15 / 15  
Thanks guys for the tips, my foodsupply was the cause of all trouble. It has been taken care of and it runs like a charm now.

Henrium

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Brugle luxury palace block - how many temples needed?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames