posted 07-09-08 16:27 ET (US)   

Graphics
Land (which land types? All I assume?)
Tents
Plazas
Cobblestones

Other
Ability to choose statue and garden type
Add park (like a garden or like a building?)
4x4 Farm
2x2 fountain

Post within this thread any more ideas or things that I missed from the other thread. Many things here I assume are not possible or would not logistically fit within the game. We need to identify those things and remove them from the list and so this thread would probably be good for that as well.

I think each new graphic should have it’s own thread. Call me crazy if you like, but that is just how I see it. That way a graphic or variety of graphics for that particular thing (tent, plaza, cobblestone, etc) can be posted in that thread and talked about and commented on.

[This message has been edited by Darkgreen (edited 07-09-2008 @ 04:50 PM).]

Replies:
posted 07-09-08 16:33 ET (US)     1 / 12  
Darn! You got to it before I did. Its ok. Just put the image I made for Caesar's Mod Squad from the other thread at the top.

H U N N I C ~ P A L A D I N
HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya
posted 07-09-08 16:38 ET (US)     2 / 12  
With the 4x4 farms and 2x2 fountain, aren't we talking about changing the game coding to adjust for these items?
posted 07-09-08 16:45 ET (US)     3 / 12  
Indeed you are right Crashe. But I thought I would include them here just because they were talked about in the original thread. As I said, we need to identify what is possible and not possible. I just need confirmation that the things you mention are not possible (or at least not possible right now) and I will take them off.
posted 07-09-08 16:55 ET (US)     4 / 12  
I like the idea of having different threads for each graphic. I shall start one for the plazas. Also, I dont think the fountain will be possible for a long time unless we excell really fast and run into 0 problems. Fountains have to have different frames(about 50) for each stage. And there are four stages of the fountain. I cant do that! 200 frames of a 2x2 building! That's 1000 frames of a 1x1 building!! We will have to wait for that one.

HP is a very nice guy who'd rather be polite and nod his head in agreement to other people's opinions, than act tough and bluntly. -Andanu Trisatya

[This message has been edited by Hunnic Paladin (edited 07-09-2008 @ 10:11 PM).]

posted 07-09-08 17:26 ET (US)     5 / 12  
Fountains have to have different frames(about 50) for each stage.
Actually, for each fountain type (normal, and the three upgrades) there are only 8 images.

Setting up a forum elsewhere for modding sounds good to me.

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
posted 07-09-08 17:29 ET (US)     6 / 12  
For the park, I would realy like to build a park bencg here, put a swingset there, place a picnic table,etc.

How about a game features wishlist. I'd like the ability to not staff a particular building, lacks raw materials, I often build too many fising warfs, after the initial rush for food, I don't need it, but I know that As my population increases, I will. As it is, I build so that I can disconnect.

Especially in the begining of my city,I d like the ability to tell the labor advisor, "Fully staff Industry and commerce, Food production,and Religion. Split the remaining workers between Engineering, Prefatures, and Health.

Id check city health and fire and damage overlays before I do this, I then periodicaly check the overlays and prioritize when there is a risk. I will also find a prefect or engineer and manipulate him to where the risk is.

This causes a problem, for instance when I am using a lion king defense and there is no immidiate threat.

Are you a victim? Of anything? Become a survivor by working for change. If anyone else suffers less than I did, then my pain has served a purpose and I hurt less.

Try it http://c3modsquad.freeforums.org/!
posted 07-09-08 17:53 ET (US)     7 / 12  
We could replace the large statue with a park. That would be a good size.

posted 07-09-08 19:04 ET (US)     8 / 12  
I'd like Pecunia to get to work on the sprites. Imagine what you could do with those bath girls....

(Oh, Pecunia, 80 00 is gatehouses. That just leaves 10 00 and I can't find a map with that bit set anywhere. And did you miss the aqueducts?)

Edit - correction. Quick hunch - looked at Tarraco - there's a 2x2 block of 10 00's in the middle of that island. It's an earthquake epicentre

[This message has been edited by Trium3 (edited 07-09-2008 @ 07:23 PM).]

posted 07-10-08 17:06 ET (US)     9 / 12  
Hey Hunnic Paladin, why the edit? I thought you said you were going to set up another forum.
posted 07-11-08 10:29 ET (US)     10 / 12  
Is anybody working on this new forum? If not I could do something about it.

Here, I went ahead and made a forum. It's a basic freeweb forum, but it works.

http://www.c3modsquad.webs.com/

Or this one, which is PHPBB3.

http://c3modsquad.freeforums.org/

[This message has been edited by Crashe (edited 07-11-2008 @ 12:00 PM).]

posted 07-11-08 12:01 ET (US)     11 / 12  
DG: I edited it out because I dont think we need a different forum. See my other post in the other CMS thread.

posted 07-11-08 17:17 ET (US)     12 / 12  
NOTE TO ALL CMS MEMBERS:
We are now moving all our CMS discussions to http://c3modsquad.freeforums.org/! Do not post anything about CMS in HG anymore for floodding reasons!

[This message has been edited by Hunnic Paladin (edited 08-09-2008 @ 01:51 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Modding Wishlist
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames