You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Most desirable house tile determines evolution/devolutoin? Maybe not!
posted 07-30-11 19:39 ET (US)   
While building my 320-palace city, I was perplexed. 1 large palace in each set of 80, in the same relative position all 4 times, required more desirability than it should have to evolve (or to not devolve once it had evolved to a luxury palace). It wasn't just that the most desirable tile needed to be slightly more desirable--whether the large palace evolved sometimes depended on where the extra desirability booster was built. I eventually came up with a theory to explain the observations.

It appears to me that for a 4x4 house, the desirability of the ENE edge tile (the one adjacent to and NW of the E tile) is ignored. In other words, contrary to "common knowledge", the most desirable tile of a 4x4 house does not determine evolution and devolution if that tile is the ENE edge tile. (It is possible that the desirability of some other tiles may also be ignored.)

I don't intend to investigate this further, but if someone else does I'd like to see the results.
Replies:
posted 08-06-13 15:42 ET (US)     1 / 2  
I finally got around to investigating this. I built a luxury palace with 9 large statues spread around so that only 1 tile (which had 90 desirability) was in range of all of the statues. I moved the statues around and found that the palace would evolve when any of its tiles had 90 desirability. I also tested it with 8 large statues and a medium statue which only overlapped in 1 place (giving it 86 desirability), and it also prevented devolution regardless of the luxury palace's tile.

I'm stumped about why four luxury palaces in my "Palace Peaks" devolved when they should have had enough desirability in the ENE edge tile.
posted 08-20-13 20:19 ET (US)     2 / 2  
I figured this out. The most desirable tile does determine houses evolution. The problem in my Palace Peaks was that the desirability effect of a 4x4 building (such as a luxury palace) is not exactly what I expected, as described in Luxury Palace, Large Palace, and Governor's Villa Desirability Effect.

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 12-21-2013 @ 09:26 AM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Most desirable house tile determines evolution/devolutoin? Maybe not!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames