Please login or register

Caesar III: Game Help
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Forced Prefect !!! Finally It is Possible
posted 01-04-14 01:03 ET (US)   
I'm so excited to have finally found how to create a forced prefect.

This has always been a dream of many players and it was so frustrating not being able to have a forced prefect while we had all the other forced walkers. Now it is finally here after so many years.

Here is the sav file:

forced prefect v1.sav

The forced walk is based on the prefect jumping to a disconnected diagonal during patrol and being unable to return back to the building from the same road. He is forced to take a long walk.

Legend
Replies:
posted 01-04-14 01:46 ET (US)     1 / 5  
This version 2 file demonstrates that he walks 546 tiles (not counting corners) which is 16 tiles more than other forced walkers who walk 530 tiles.

forced prefect v2.sav

With forced service buildings, for example a library, for houses not to lose access the maximum loop that makes sense was 316 tiles. With a forced prefect the length of the loop to avoid fire depends on the building type.

This chart provides some ballpark figures to experiment with:

These numbers haven't been tested so far but now that forced prefects are possible I'm sure they will be tested in the future.

I'm really happy to have finally discovered something important. When I started playing, a lot of things were already discovered and I always wanted to find something like that. I couldn't believe my eyes when the prefect continued walking and didn't turn back.
posted 01-04-14 02:57 ET (US)     2 / 5  
There is an 8x9 area near the prefect that needs to be clear of any roads. Roads in this area causes the prefect not to appear. This is not a big deal. You just need to know where that area is. Roads elsewhere seem to be fine.

forced prefect no road zone.sav
posted 01-04-14 07:18 ET (US)     3 / 5  
Here is a central climate map. The forced prefect works together with other forced buildings. Houses are small casa. The loop is 285 tiles for the prefect. The granary is intentionally build on return side of prefect's route instead dispatch side.

forced prefect v3 small casa.sav
posted 01-04-14 13:28 ET (US)     4 / 5  
Darn!

Several days ago, when I found an algorithm to predict when walkers would cross diagonals (as mentioned in reply #16 of Granary corner tiles), I could make forced prefects (as suggested in reply #7 of the same thread). However, I've been busy and have spent most of my game time testing the algorithm. Yesterday I started to write up a post, but hadn't yet gotten to the examples which probably would have included a forced prefect. (I don't suppose I'll include that example when I finish the post.)

This is the second time that I've mentioned a possibility, discovered it, been slow to describe it, and had it announced by another forumer. (Caesar Clifford announced getting Priority 10 in the first year after I suggested it in reply #27 of Sufferin' Sahara: post-mortem.)
a forced prefect while we had all the other forced walkers
No, we don't have forced school children.
There is an 8x9 area near the prefect that needs to be clear of any roads.
It doesn't need to be quite that big--the two tiles above the bottom '1' and '2' can have roads.

Here's an example of a forced prefect, without a gatehouse and without any area that must be clear of roads (aside from not making connections between roads), with north up-right (violating the usual forum practice to match other diagrams in this thread):
The two plaza tiles are not required, but if they are removed then a 13x13 square surrounding each one must not have a road that is connected to the main road.
posted 01-05-14 17:24 ET (US)     5 / 5  
I mused in reply #12 of the Granary Corner Tiles thread:
Going back is different - the diagonal does not lead directly to a walk target and so is not taken. I wonder if that works if the walk target is at the end of the outbound portion of a "grounded" walk?
I just wanted to point that out. I was breathing down your necks
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar III: Game Help » Forced Prefect !!! Finally It is Possible
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames