Please login or register

Emperor: Scenario Design Palace
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: City '0' and the Military Request event
posted 11-07-03 10:56 ET (US)   
As you designers are aware, the campaign creator software will not let you specify the aggressor/attacked city when you script a 'Military Request' event. You can only specify the city requesting the troops and the city to which they request aid.

We have discovered how the game chooses the aggressor/attacked city. It always picks the city set as 'city 0' on your campaign's empire map (regardless if you are using the 'City Attacks Rival' or 'City Under Attack' sub-types). I have checked each of my campaigns that have this event scripted and in each case the city that appears as the aggressor or attacked city when the event fires is the city 0 on the empire map.

This isn't documented in the manual, so I thought I would share it.

TIP: if you want the Military Request event to fire with accurate text, make sure the first city you place on the empire map is the city that you want to be the aggressor/attacked city for this event. The game assigns the city numbers in order of how you place them on the empire map, so the first city you place will be city 0.

Edited 05-24-04: To clarify that City '0' is used for both subtypes of this event.

[This message has been edited by Gweilo (edited 05-24-2004 @ 08:49 AM).]

Replies:
posted 05-24-04 08:41 ET (US)     1 / 1  
I wanted to revive this thread in order to edit it to reflect that the City '0' is used for both sub-types of the Military Request event.

Expand your fun by downloading free custom campaigns for Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom.
Visit Zeus Heaven to expand your knowledge of Zeus and Poseidon.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Emperor: Scenario Design Palace » City '0' and the Military Request event
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames