Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: My new worker blocks
posted 01-10-01 11:10 ET (US)   
As I'm going through Cleo, I am finding not much of an opportunity to use my big old regular block, either from a city requirement or map space point-of-view. I've been having to get creative with space and housing evolution and keep the cities small to control unemployment.

I have 3 worker housing blocks and generally use the first two.

The first is a wee tiny block and will hold and keep happy less than 800 people. I can evolve it to beer level (whitewashed apartments) if I want, but no courthouse and no school means no residences.

The second will allow residences but only past 2nd food stage as there is no 2nd god.

I'll usually build one of the third so I can have a dancers and a mortuary in the city. If no libraries are enabled I'll stick in another temple.

They are smaller blocks population-wise than can be done but the CR requirements tend to have me build lower population blocks anyways.

ApartmentBazaarApartmentApartmentApartment
Physician
ShrineMusic platformJuggle platformRa Temple
ShrineApartment
ShrinePolicepostFire Warden
Water SupplyJuggle platformArchitectApothecaryDentistApartment
ApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment
ApartmentBazaarSchoolApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
Physician
ShrineJuggle platformDance platformRa TempleCourthouse
ShrineMusic platformApartment
Shrine
Water SupplyJuggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryDentistShrineShrineShrineApartment
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment
ApartmentBazaarSchoolMortuaryApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
Physician
ShrineJuggle platformDance platformRa TempleCourthouseLibraryBastet Temple
ShrineMusic platformApartment
Shrine
Water SupplyJuggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryDentistShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineMusic platformApartment
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorShrineJuggle platformApartment
ShrineShrineShrineShrine

Legend
Replies:
posted 01-10-01 15:02 ET (US)     1 / 12  
I ike your blocks, I just feel your pushing your bazarr ladies a little to far...
posted 01-10-01 15:30 ET (US)     2 / 12  
Gov, i will also only use 1 bazaar, even for a large common housing block. Only time i use more than one is in an Estate block to split the goods between two.
posted 01-10-01 17:05 ET (US)     3 / 12  
Ah! I love them. They are so cute and compact... Easy to fit anywhere. Good job!
posted 06-22-01 09:47 ET (US)     4 / 12  
Seeing all the newcomers and the well deserved interest in Vitru's blocks - I will give this thread a

*bump*

posted 06-22-01 09:55 ET (US)     5 / 12  
Homegrown, Hi, having one bazaar is OK when resources are scarce. But having many bazaars is good when Bast is upon you: blessings fill them up to 20000 per good.
posted 06-22-01 16:43 ET (US)     6 / 12  
SenetEr...
i really like your new blocks..i'm trying them out now at sawu where there is less room..i've used your big block in the past namely to get a stable block for stately manors etc..i espeacially like the entertainment venue in the blocks including your new workers
wich makes them soooo stable...i'm a little confused tho about how to place the booths in the new blocks..do you add them before the housing accross the street or create a loop in the corner like i have done?...thanx for the help
posted 01-25-02 11:26 ET (US)     7 / 12  
Hi, all

like lots of people, i've also been using SenetEr's great blocks for they're stable, and well-made. but sometimes due to map terrain we have to make some 'adaptations'. well, if SenetEr excuses me i instead of changing his blocks, and losing time to make them workable, thought to 'mirror' the blocks rightward and downward as follows, and such a thing caused my planning to be *so* easier as you'll notice too.
i tend not just to design well-functioned cities, but organised, good-looking ones too ... so, i herein also post some blocks to lead with Palaces, Mansions, schools and the Festival Square.
i've divided this post into 5 parts due to amount of data.

SenetEr's blocks

ApartmentBazaarApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentBazaarApartment
Physician Physician
ShrineJuggle platformMusic platformOsiris Temple Osiris TempleMusic platformJuggle platformShrine
ShrineApartment ApartmentShrine
ShrinePolicepostFire Warden Fire WardenPolicepostShrine
Water SupplyJuggle platformArchitectApothecaryShrineApartment ApartmentShrineApothecaryArchitectJuggle platformWater Supply
ApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment ApartmentTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartment
ApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment ApartmentTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartment
Water SupplyApartment ApartmentWater Supply
Juggle platformArchitectApothecaryShrine ShrineApothecaryArchitectJuggle platform
ShrinePolicepostFire WardenOsiris TempleApartment ApartmentOsiris TempleFire WardenPolicepostShrine
ShrineMusic platform Music platformShrine
ShrineJuggle platformPhysician PhysicianJuggle platformShrine
ApartmentBazaarApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentBazaarApartment

Legend

This block will evolve until 10 Modest Apartments (beer delivery), it'll hold 720 pop, generating 252 workers (at 35% average rate of pop), paying 1296 Db (10% tax), and consuming 2160 food yearly. | end of post #1 |

posted 01-25-02 11:30 ET (US)     8 / 12  
| #2 post |

ApartmentBazaarSchoolApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentSchoolBazaarApartment
Physician Physician
ShrineMusic platformDance platformOsiris TempleCourthouse CourthouseOsiris TempleDance platformMusic platformShrine
ShrineJuggle platform Juggle platformShrine
Water SupplyJuggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryShrineShrineShrineDentistApartment ApartmentDentistShrineShrineShrineApothecaryArchitectFire WardenJuggle platformWater Supply
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment ApartmentTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartment ApartmentTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryShrineShrineShrineDentist DentistShrineShrineShrineApothecaryArchitectFire WardenJuggle platform
ShrineJuggle platformOsiris TempleCourthouseApartment ApartmentCourthouseOsiris TempleJuggle platformShrine
ShrineMusic platformDance platform Dance platformMusic platformShrine
ShrinePhysician PhysicianShrine
ApartmentBazaarSchoolApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentSchoolBazaarApartment

Legend

This block will evolve until 13 Elegant Residences (linen delivery), it'll hold 1144 pop, generating 400 workers, paying 2745 Db, and consuming 3432 food yearly.

posted 01-25-02 11:33 ET (US)     9 / 12  
| #3 post |

ApartmentBazaarSchoolMortuaryApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentMortuarySchoolBazaarApartment
Physician Physician
ShrineMusic platformDance platformOsiris TempleCourthouseLibraryRa Temple Ra TempleLibraryCourthouseOsiris TempleDance platformMusic platformShrine
Water SupplyJuggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryDentistShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineMusic platformApartment ApartmentMusic platformShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineDentistApothecaryArchitectFire WardenJuggle platformWater Supply
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorShrineJuggle platformApartment ApartmentJuggle platformShrineTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
ShrineShrineShrineShrine ShrineShrineShrineShrine
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentTax CollectorShrineShrineShrineShrineApartment ApartmentShrineShrineShrineShrineTax CollectorApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectApothecaryDentistShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineMusic platform Music platformShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineDentistApothecaryArchitectFire WardenJuggle platform
ShrineJuggle platformOsiris TempleCourthouseLibraryRa TempleApartment ApartmentRa TempleLibraryCourthouseOsiris TempleJuggle platformShrine
ShrineMusic platformDance platform Dance platformMusic platformShrine
ShrinePhysician PhysicianShrine
ApartmentBazaarSchoolMortuaryApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentMortuarySchoolBazaarApartment

Legend

This block will evolve until 10 Spacious Manors (1 luxury good and Mortuary), it'll hold 1080 pop, paying 7128 Db (!), and consuming 3240 food yearly.

posted 01-25-02 11:42 ET (US)     10 / 12  
| #4 post |

My Mansion-Palace blocks

You can use those blocks as they are shown if Gold Mines aren't enabled. otherwise, they'll require the Palace nearby. The blanks to the west are the palaces (City, Town, Village, from up to down) and the blanks to the east are the mansions (Dynasty, Family, Personal, up to down)

Fire WardenArchitect

Legend

or

Fire WardenArchitect

Legend

or

Fire WardenArchitect

Legend

i place them as a substitute to statues next to housing, draining work from the block too.

posted 01-25-02 11:51 ET (US)     11 / 12  
| #5 post |

My Festival Sq. and Entertainment Schools

Festival Plaza
ArchitectFire WardenConservatoryDanceschool
Juggler School

Legend

or

DanceschoolConservatoryFire WardenArchitect
Juggler School

Legend

i often use the first one between two blocks to link them together if needed. for additional blocks, you can use the 2nd one.

i hope it helps!

* Pharaoh Pajeh Southwind *
- "A King without his crowd, a King without the crown."
posted 01-25-02 20:10 ET (US)     12 / 12  
please people, can you zip your block
Í like your posts but it takes forever to get them on the screen.
I also like to switch a lot around the forum and it irritates to see pictures slowly come together. thats not why I took a fast modem and cable, using the unholy hours of the night.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » My new worker blocks
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames