Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Housing Levels and Structures Charts
posted 07-25-01 15:18 ET (US)   
The Pharaoh/Cleo Housing Level Chart and Structures Chart is now located in the Strategy Section on Pharaoh Heavens main page. Thanks to Angel Jayhawk, a “printer friendly” version of the charts is included. This Link will take you there.

Thanks to all who helped make these charts possible, especially Nero Would, Brugle, Grumpus The Elder and Angel Jayhawk.

Replies:
posted 07-25-01 17:26 ET (US)     1 / 9  
Well, I also want to thank some persons. Thanks Vitruvius and all the persons who contributed and are listed above. I like lists that put together all kind of related info. Easily to find the info your looking for.

Freskin,
a Flemish Knight
posted 07-26-01 15:41 ET (US)     2 / 9  
Just one question....

How come that the architect post has a risk of damage and that the firehouse has a risk of fire??
I thought it was the other way around, if you see what I mean?!

Who needs a manual when you got a forum like this!? Thanks to all the experienced players!

MrVilla & Co

posted 07-26-01 15:53 ET (US)     3 / 9  
VitruviusAIA,

First, congrats on this fine accomplishment .

Now I have a question of more practical nature:

play level: normal.

In studying your charts, is there any way of controlling whether a Manor becomes 'elegant' vs. 'stately' other than desirebility (6points) and entertainment (6 points) ?

Why would I want to control that - don't ask (I just like the looks of elegant better than stately - best case scenario would be to be able to alternate them in a row - but I guess that is impossible

posted 07-26-01 15:54 ET (US)     4 / 9  
MrVilla,
I tried to come up with a witty reply, but wasn't inspired.

I think having only fire risk for firehouses and only damage risk for architect posts was a rather clever gameplay improvement. If it was the other way around, you'd need to build both firehouses and architect posts everywhere (like Caesar III prefectures and engineer posts in central and southern provinces), which gets a little boring. As it is, sometimes you can get away with building just one or the other, which adds another small design factor.

posted 07-26-01 15:59 ET (US)     5 / 9  
sounds reasonable......I guess....
I am now building On, and I can't remember that any of my architect posts or firehouses has colapsed or burned .
Is this possible?

Who needs a manual when you got a forum like this!? Thanks to all the experienced players!

MrVilla & Co

posted 07-26-01 16:07 ET (US)     6 / 9  
LOL, Brugle, 'design factor' - right!!

This also requires to really stick to your design, because if you change it and eg place a fire risk building in a damage-only controlled street (happened a lot to me); actually its what usually does happen, you get in a 'mess' fast . Therefore I've re-aquired my C3 habit of 'automatic' placement of both...call it peace of mind placement .

posted 07-26-01 16:30 ET (US)     7 / 9  
MrVilla,
The risk of fire/damage to a firehouse/architect post rises slowly, and is typically eliminated whenever the building sends out a fireman/architect. Another burning building can ignite a firehouse next door, but other than that I wouldn't expect to see many firehouses/architect posts burn/collapse. An unstaffed firehouse/architect post (without other protection) will burn/collapse eventually, but I'd expect to see something else (that the firehouse/architect post is supposed to protect) burn/collapse first, which (hopefully) would bring the problem to the player's attention.

C Franziskus,
A couple of times, when needing more jugglers, I've said "these miners could use a little entertainment" and dropped in a booth without thinking. Fortunately, I typically check the Risks overlays often enough to discover the mistake before a fire breaks out.

You might consider me fanatic about not wasting workers--I'd much rather waste money. If I remember correctly, both my On and my Baki have 1 firehouse without damage protection, and my Baki has 2 architect posts without fire protection.

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 07-26-2001 @ 04:36 PM).]

posted 07-26-01 21:46 ET (US)     8 / 9  
C Franziskus,

To answer your question “In studying your charts, is there any way of controlling whether a Manor becomes 'elegant' vs. 'stately' other than desirability (6 points) and entertainment (6 points) ?” , no. But, the entertainment point difference (actually 10, not 6) is very significant. If you provide your housing with a pavilion, you will get the 60 points that an Elegant Manor requires.

To evolve to Stately Manor you need 10 more entertainment points. To get there, you could do one of several things. First you could add a Senet House (or Zoo if you have Cleo) for an additional 40 points. Or, you could add additional entertainment venues to you city to raise the citywide coverage to “perfect”. You get 5 bonus points (4 with Cleo) for each entertainment venue with perfect coverage. Perfect coverage for two of the three (jugglers, musicians, dancers) will give you the additional 10 points that you need.

Another option is to provide a Senet House (40 points) and a Bandstand (30 points), without a pavilion. If you want an alternating row of Elegant and Stately Manors, you would have to vary the desirability. It could be done.

posted 11-27-18 12:55 ET (US)     9 / 9  
The desirability effect of a gatehouse is generated only from the 2x2 northern part. As far as I know, the rest of the desirability information in the charts is correct except for forts.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Housing Levels and Structures Charts
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames