Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Granite in Shaat
posted 09-02-01 09:19 ET (US)   
Hi again
It's been a while, since I have asked help, but I'm playing custom missions, and am now in Shaat. So far I've been there 7-8 years, and no granite has turned up yet, I can't buy nor dig it out. I have fulfilled all requests from Pharaoh or other cities, except for extortations. What can I do?
Tove
Replies:
posted 09-02-01 09:21 ET (US)     1 / 8  
P.S. Forgot to say that the granite is for the obelisk. So no granite - no obelisk - no finish Shaat
Tove
posted 09-03-01 00:54 ET (US)     2 / 8  
Hi Margrethe,

I haven't tried Shaat, but I used the Search feature (at the bottom of the Game Help forum page), and found one other thread with "Shaat" in the title. The opening post included this: "... all i needed was the granite for the obelisk. Couldn't import it until my troops won a far off battle."

It sounds like you'll have to send enough forces to win a distant battle.

posted 09-03-01 03:14 ET (US)     3 / 8  
Hi Margrethe,

Welcome back to the forum. I too haven't played this scenario since the orininal "Eye of Ra" competition over on the Impressions site, however, reading the mission statement it does say:

After rebuffing years of attacks from the Hyksos, respond to Kerma's request for troops to stamp out the Hyksos' threat once and for all.

I was unable to locate a timeline in my notebook that would indicate the year of the troop request but as Brugle said, this is probably the trigger event that opens a trade route for the needed granite.

Good Luck and let us know how you do!

StarKey
proud citybuilder

[This message has been edited by StarKey (edited 09-03-2001 @ 08:28 PM).]

posted 09-03-01 13:22 ET (US)     4 / 8  
Hi and thank you for your answers.
So far I have not been asked to send troops, and was just recently attacked by the evil Hyksos. They destroyed almost all my 96 soldiers, so I will not be surprised at all, if I'm asked to send help soon.
kind regards
Tove
posted 09-04-01 08:54 ET (US)     5 / 8  
Margrethe,

It has been a while since I played this map for the Impressions competition, but I seem to recall that you have to survive 20 years of attacks, and then in year 20 or 21 you will be asked for troops to help defend a city. It will be the one and only request for troops. If you suceed, they will give you all the granite you need so be ready for it with lots of storehouses.

Snowwolf

posted 09-04-01 14:30 ET (US)     6 / 8  
Hi and thanks for the answer.
That's a great help to know that in some years the granite will show up.
I was just about giving up, but now there's hope that I can finish Shaat, so I will keep up the good spirit and continue.
kind regards
Tove
posted 09-05-01 13:34 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Good Luck Margrethe,

Please keep us advised as to your progress.

StarKey

posted 09-06-01 03:22 ET (US)     8 / 8  
I have yet to do Shaat....sound interesting Good luck Margrethe....

Hi Starkey

The master of making easy look hard ---- What's wrong with Scooby Doo boxers?
Cockfosters visitor via a stunt cannon ---- Fan of the Great Cornholio Tee shirt dance
Coyote ugly beauty, parrott mangler & all round good egg ---- Have leather pants will travel
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Granite in Shaat
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames