Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Reinventing the Wheel: The Flexi-Block
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
posted 01-05-02 13:46 ET (US)   
Introduction

When I first started playing Caesar 3 and Pharaoh, I had no concept of housing blocks. I just put down my roads in one long strip, threw some housing on either side, and then tried to cadge the required services in as best I could.

It was ugly.

At some point I decided to try and improve my strategy, and to make a long story short, I discovered places such as Heavengames, which lead to the discovery of housing blocks. The rest, as they say, is history.

Recently, I've designed a housing block for Pharaoh that has not only turned out to be incredibly versatile (you can use it for a worker's block of nothing but Ordinary Cottages, or you can use it to make Palatial Estates), but has also proven to be very flexible in a morphological sense (i.e. you can change the shape of the block and still retain most or all of the features of the block). So I thought I'd throw it up for public consumption.

Caveats

• A large part of the reason this essay is titled "Reinventing the Wheel" is because I recognize that this essay is merely another entry in the extensive list of housing block discussions. The subject of housing blocks is a subject that has been extensively discussed for years prior to this essay, and discussed by folks much more knowledgeable than myself. And while I think this essay covers some previously undiscussed aspects of housing blocks, there is nothing revolutionary here. With that in mind, this essay will probably be most useful to Novice and Intermediate players. Advanced players will probably have no reason to read this essay in full except to savor my scintillating prose.
  • I make no claims that the housing block discussed in the remainder of this essay is the "best" of all possible housing blocks. Nor do I claim that it is the most efficient of all possible housing block designs. Nor do I claim that it is the most versatile. Nor do I claim that it is the most flexible. Note that it may, in fact, be all of these things. But most likely not. My claim is simply that (A) it's very versatile; (B) it's very flexible; and (C) it works swimmingly well. How it compares to other housing blocks is left as an exercise for the interested reader.

The Flexi-Block

Following the convention that North is to the upper-left portion of the image, here is the Flexi-Block in its undeveloped form:

Legend

And, for comparison purposes, a shot from "in the wild."

I call the end with the "prongs" the "tail." The other end is the "head." The length-wise roads are 20 tiles long, with 4 tiles between them.

The purpose of the tail should be obvious: location of entertainment venues.

Juggle platform
Music platformDance platform
Music platformJuggle platform
Juggle platform
Legend

Note that, above the Pavillion, we have a handy spot to place a Firehouse, an Architect, and a Police Station. If we need to, we can also place a Dentist there. And finally, there's a space between the bandstand for an Apothecary if you're playing on a Humid map. The nice thing about this layout is that it handily accounts for the odd location requirements for the entertainment venues and simultaneously accounts for all five of the possible 1x1 service buildings.

Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepostDentist
ApothecaryMusic platformDance platform
Juggle platform
Legend

[This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 02-04-2002 @ 08:50 AM).]

Replies:
posted 01-05-02 16:03 ET (US)     1 / 46  
Generic Housing Block Concepts

"Yeah yeah," I hear you saying. "This is all pretty basic stuff." And you're right. To further explore the properties of the Flexi-Block, we need to step back and take a meta view of housing block properties in general. The following applies not only to the Flexi-Block, but can be incorporated into any housing block design.

Any given housing block has two boundary states. The first boundary state is the block where all housing is at the Crude Hut stage. The second boundary state is the block where the housing has been developed to the Palatial Estate stage. I refer to these as boundary states because they define the minimal and maximal stages, respectively, of housing block development. (One could argue that the housing block with no houses whatsoever serves as a "lower" boundary state than the housing block where all houses are at the Crude Hut stage. But in that case, it's not rightly a housing block.)

When designing a housing block, I feel it is most useful to design the block with the intention of raising all housing in the block to the level of Palatial Estates. This is not to say that every housing block will evolve to that stage. But certainly, if your housing block is designed to support a gaggle of Palatial Estates, it is (by definition) designed to support any lesser level of housing as well. And the space that would have been used to help your housing evolve to Palatial Estates (say, for example, the 4x4 square occupied by a Senet House) can instead be used for other things (such as, for example, more housing).

With that in mind, here are the buildings that MUST have access to your main housing block in order to evolve the housing to Palatial Estate level:

1 4x4 Building (Senet House)
5 3x3 Buildings (Courthouse, Library, 3 Temples)
5 2x2 Buildings* (Water Supply, Physician, Mortuary, Bazaar, Scribal School)
3 1x1 Buildings** (Firehouse, Architect, Dentist)
3 irregular entertainment venues (Juggler's Booth, Bandstand, Pavilion)

* The Tax Collection office is a 2x2 building that, while not actually needed to evolve your housing to Palatial Estate level, is certainly a desirable addition. Also, two Bazaars are usually preferable to one Bazaar in order to maintain a steady supply of goods, bringing the total number of 2x2 buildings to 7 instead of 5.
** An Apothecary is also needed on Humid maps, and a Police Station may also be desirable, bringing the total number of 1x1 buildings to 5 instead of 3.

This brings us to a crucial observation:

Within walker-coverage, groundwater and desirability constraints, any 2x2 (or 3x3 or 4x4) building is interchangeable with any other 2x2 (or 3x3 or 4x4) building.

This observation is particularly useful if you consider pre-Scribal housing as 2x2 buildings and Scribal housing as 3x3 buildings.

The Flexibility of the Flexi-Block

Looking back, we see the Flexi-Block developed with all potential 1x1 buildings and all irregular entertainment venues:

Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepostDentist
ApothecaryMusic platformDance platform
Juggle platform

Note that this provides us with an area of the Flexi-Block which is more-or-less inflexible. I have illustrated this below with the inflexible portion designated by roadblocks. I have also filled in the flexible portion with Mortuaries (just 'cause they look cool):

MortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuary

Now, when I describe the Flexi-Block as "flexible," here's what I'm talking about:

MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary

Note that we have altered the basic road layout of the Flexi-Block. But (and this is the key point) the interior portion of the block still contains the same number of tiles. Once you realize this fundamental truth, then a wide variety of configurations are possible. Some examples are below, and I have used all of these layouts successfully in various Pharaoh missions:

MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuary

MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuaryMortuaryMortuary

MortuaryMortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary
MortuaryMortuary

The important thing to understand here is that these are not three different housing blocks. These are all the same housing block, merely bent into different shapes. Internally, they all contain the same number of tiles.

So you need to put down a housing block, but you got sand dunes and rocks all over the place? No problem! Take your favorite housing block (perhaps even my Flexi-Block) and bend that rascal around until it fits. The secret is to maintain the same number of tiles inside the block, regardless of shape.

[This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 01-14-2002 @ 10:55 AM).]

posted 01-05-02 16:05 ET (US)     2 / 46  
The Versatility of the Flexi-Block

Now that we've gotten the generics out of the way, let's move on to specifics. Below is the layout that will, within desirability constraints, take a Flexi-Block to the Palatial Estate level:

EstateEstateEstateEstate
Osiris Temple
Library
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepostDentistSchoolSenet HouseTax CollectorWater SupplyEstate
ApothecaryJuggle platform
Seth TempleMusic platformJuggle platformMusic platformDance platformMortuaryBazaarBazaarPhysician
Bastet TempleCourthouseEstateEstateEstate
Legend

As you downgrade from this boundary state, you free up more space inside and around the block. For example, a worker block of Ordinary Cottages only needs one temple, and doesn't need the mortuary, the senet house, the school, the library, or the court house. This will give you a block like so:

Osiris Temple
HouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouse
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepost Tax CollectorWater SupplyHouseHouse
Apothecary HouseHouse
Music platformJuggle platform BazaarPhysicianHouseHouse
HouseHouse
HouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouse
Legend

Note all the extra space you now have. I usually fill it up with a couple statues, another Bazaar for stability, and some extra housing.So, depending on your needs, this housing block can be used to supply workers or elite housing. And that's pretty versatile.

posted 01-05-02 16:11 ET (US)     3 / 46  
Conclusion

Well, in re-reading my post here, I realize that I've concluded rather weakly. Alas, I simply ran out of things to say. However, I will be happy to answer questions or address comments or clarify myself if needed. Hopefully, however, the foregoing makes a sufficient amount of sense that SOMEONE will be able to get use out of it...

posted 01-08-02 12:47 ET (US)     4 / 46  
I appreciated this, because I've always had bad luck with the big bohemoth blocks most people seem to prefer, and the block I was using was too rigid. (Basically a big donut with a 5X5 square in the center surrounded by 11X11 houses).

However, I've had a lot of problems with the flexi-block and random walkers. Because the inside of the pavilion is a road, it's a walker trap. If you assume a random walker makes all the wrong decisions (which they tend to do), your block is something like 56 tiles around. This means that houses two squares away from a service might never see it. So here's my solution, at least in terms of worker blocks at fancy residence level:

Fire WardenArchitect
CourthousePtah TempleRa TempleShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrine
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentShrineFire Warden
ShrineArchitect
ApartmentShrine
Bastet TempleApothecaryJuggle platformFire WardenArchitectDentistPolicepostBazaarSchoolMortuaryShrine
Music platformDance platformShrineShrineShrineApartmentShrine
Music platformJuggle platformWater SupplyTax CollectorPhysicianShrine
BazaarJuggle platformApartmentShrine
Shrine
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentApartmentShrine
Shrine
ShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrineShrine
Fire WardenArchitect

Legend

The major changes are:
-Reduced worst-case loop length from 56 (just outside the range of many walkers) to 44 tiles (just within the range of the shortest-length walkers)
---->Reduced length from 16 tiles to 12 tiles
---->Swapped bandstand and pavilion to minimizefutility of random walkers

-Increased capacity by 1 2X2 square of housing

At fancy residence, this can supply housing for 1472 people.

I admit, it's no longer a flexi-block and it's pretty expensive to get it to its final state, but it's rock-hard stable, it's compact, desirability is not an issue, and the gods love it. (The presence of plazas and the use of shrines rather than gardens or statues enables you to put industries right up against the recruiter path without devolving the housing at fancy residence.)

[This message has been edited by Tia (edited 01-08-2002 @ 12:55 PM).]

posted 01-09-02 19:52 ET (US)     5 / 46  
However, I've had a lot of problems with the flexi-block and random walkers.

Really? That's odd. The only time I have problems with walkers in the Flexi-Block are walkers from the few 3x3 buildings on the exterior of the block, and then only when I "short-circuit" them. Just as an example, here are two Flexi-Blocks I've used that are rock-solid:

Ordinary Cottages, stable with 59 total road squares available to the various walkers inside the block

Ra Temple
Seth Temple
Juggle platform
Fire Warden
ArchitectHouseHouse
HouseHouse PolicepostHouseHouse
HouseHouse ApothecaryHouseHouse
HouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouse
HouseHouseHouseHouse
Tax CollectorHouseHousePhysicianWater SupplyHouseHouse
HouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseHouseBazaarHouseHouse
HouseHouse

Common Residences, stable with 54 total road squares available to the various walkers inside the block

ApartmentApartment
Fire Warden
ApartmentApartment
ApartmentWater SupplyPhysician
Apartment
ApartmentTax CollectorBazaarApartmentSchool
ApartmentApartmentApartmentApartment
Apartment
ApartmentApartmentApartment
ApartmentApartment
Dance platformMusic platformDentistApartment
Policepost
Architect
Juggle platformFire WardenSeth Temple
Juggle platform Music platform
Courthouse Juggle platform

These are two actual housing blocks I've used in missions (first block above was used in Rostja, second was used in Iken) without any problem.

Now, I have run into problems with walkers before in similar blocks, but in every case they have been walkers generated from the buildings on the exterior of the block, and the cause of the problem has always been traceable to "short-circuiting" the building with another road. For example, here's a block I used in Thinis that was solid and stable -- for a while. Take note of the column of three garden squares near the topmost housing -- those gardens become important later.

Ptah Temple
ApartmentApartment
ApartmentApartment
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepost
DentistMusic platformDance platformApartmentApartment
Music platformJuggle platformCourthouse
Juggle platform ApartmentApartment
Bazaar
BazaarSchoolWater SupplyApartment
Apartment
Tax CollectorPhysicianApartment
Apartment
ApartmentApartment

This housing block was very stable and performed admirably well. I had it up to Common Residence level without a problem. I was going to try to raise it to a higher level of housing just to pass the time until my population goal was met, so I started mucking about with it and made a slight adjustment:

Ptah Temple
ApartmentApartment
ApartmentApartment
Juggle platformFire WardenArchitectPolicepost
DentistMusic platformDance platformApartmentApartment
Music platformJuggle platformCourthouse
Juggle platform ApartmentApartment
Bazaar
BazaarSchoolWater SupplyApartment
Apartment
Tax CollectorPhysicianApartment
Apartment
ApartmentHouseHouse
HouseHouse

As you can see, I replaced the gardens with a road. The road was going to be used for a Dance School to feed the Pavilion. However, shortly after adding the road as you see here, the housing at the lower-right-hand corner of the block devolved due to lack of religious access. Somehow, some way, the addition of that road shorted out the path of the priest walker emitted by the Temple.

Some experimentation reveals the following:

• Removing the road but not the roadblock short-circuits the path and destabilizes the block.
  • Removing the road and roadblock and replacing it with gardens re-stabilizes the housing. The priest will never complete a full loop around the block, but will still provide full coverage from his walks.
  • Moving the temple one square to the right (i.e. removing the one-square gap between the temple and the housing) and leaving the road as-is will re-stabilize the block. The priest will never complete a full loop around the block, but will still provide full coverage from his walks.
  • Moving the temple one square to the right (i.e. removing the one-square gap between the temple and the housing) and also removing the road will not only re-stabilize the block, but will allow the priest to occasionally complete a full loop around the block.
I've also seen arrangements like this break down:

Ra TemplePtah Temple

The priest of Ptah will provide full coverage to the block. The priest of Ra will not -- unless you remove the road squares to the left of the roadblock.

So if you're having problems with your walkers in the Flexi-Block, check to see if maybe you've short-circuited them in the manner described here. If you haven't, I'd be interested in seeing a copy of your city to see how yours are working/not working.

Also, if you're interested, you can download a zip file of three of my cities here. The zip file contains Rostja, Iken, and Kebet. Stable Flexi-Blocks of varying shapes can be found in these cities.

Hope you (and others) find this helpful.

[This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 01-17-2002 @ 09:03 AM).]

posted 01-11-02 23:43 ET (US)     6 / 46  
That's interesting... I can't quite figure out what's different about our blocks, but surely there's something? Do you have Cleo or the Enhancement?

I narrowed down the problem; specifically, water and bazaars, when placed on the far corner (as below), won't reach the houses right next to them, as they leave from one corner and re-enter from the opposite corner.

Water Supply

Legend

I've never short-circuited a block like this, so this must be a separate problem. Placing the physician and tax collector at the far end prevents this problem.

posted 01-11-02 23:44 ET (US)     7 / 46  
Afterburner - well done on the Flexi-block! I personally have found it very helpful! It also helps me to understand how the walkers actually operate and to understand the game properly.
posted 01-12-02 12:51 ET (US)     8 / 46  
Tia:

I bought the Great Empires collection, so I have both Pharaoh and Cleo. Version is 2.1, which I understand to be the latest, greatest version.

I'll be happy to take a look at any of your saved games with the Flexi-Block and try to figure out what's different about your version vs. mine, if you want to go to the trouble of emailing them to me. My email address is aburner@rcn.com.

Tutantravis:

Thanks for the kudos! Glad to hear it's working out for you and helping you to better understand the game!

posted 01-13-02 11:05 ET (US)     9 / 46  
Afterburner,

I am looking forward to reading this carefully and experimenting with your block. While I personally use a SenetEr style block it doesn't work well on my current mission, North Dahshur due to space limitations. Your flexi-block is the perfect solution.

Your timing is so good you must have heard my screams of frustration and posted.

Basteta

Basteta
May Bast's blessings be upon you, always. See my Pharaoh Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~asrd1/bastgame.htm
posted 01-13-02 23:27 ET (US)     10 / 46  
Alright, I'm rescinding my changes to your block. It's better your way, and here's why:

-As long as water & bazaar aren't put on a corner, they make it around the full length just fine. In fact, were it not for the walker traps in the entertainment venues, a much longer loop is possible. But, of course, the walker traps are a necessary evil, if you actually want your houses to evolve.

-With my condensed version, it's difficult to get the CR high enough to pass the mission goals without building culture parks. There's no room for libraries or senet houses!

So... Kudos! I love your block, and wouldn't change a thing. ^_^

I have one question for you, though. How are you supplying labor to the granaries and storage yards?

posted 01-14-02 09:25 ET (US)     11 / 46  
Basteta:

Good luck with it. I hope you find it as useful as I have.

Tia:

-As long as water & bazaar aren't put on a corner, they make it around the full length just fine. In fact, were it not for the walker traps in the entertainment venues, a much longer loop is possible. But, of course, the walker traps are a necessary evil, if you actually want your houses to evolve.

I'm still puzzled about your problems with water carriers and bazaars. I always put my water carriers in one of the front corners, and I've never had a problem with 'em. I wonder if the walkers behave differently on different computers...

I have one question for you, though. How are you supplying labor to the granaries and storage yards?

It varies. Where possible and convenient, I try to use feeder roads along the back of the houses. Otherwise I use some industrial housing in the industrial areas.

So... Kudos! I love your block, and wouldn't change a thing. ^_^

Thanks!

posted 01-14-02 11:11 ET (US)     12 / 46  
Afterburner,

Here is what I am using right now based on your block:

ApothecaryFire WardenArchitectPolicepostDentistWater SupplyApartmentApartmentTax CollectorApartmentApartment
Juggle platform Shrine
ShrineApartmentApartmentPhysicianMortuaryBazaarApartment
Music platformShrineShrine

The problem is that no bazaar walkers are being spawned even though there are enough employees and goods available. I didn't understand the placement of the pavilion and other entertainment venues that you had laid out in the glyphs. Do you have a screen shot of the block? I am frustrated since this is perfect for North Dashur.

Help!!

Basteta
May Bast's blessings be upon you, always. See my Pharaoh Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~asrd1/bastgame.htm

[This message has been edited by Basteta (edited 01-14-2002 @ 02:52 PM).]

posted 01-14-02 13:09 ET (US)     13 / 46  
Basteta:

I don't have any screenshots, but I have some saved cities you can look at. The cities of Rostja, Iken, and Kebet can be found in cities.zip.

If you've never downloaded someone else's saved games, it works like this:

1. Start Pharaoh
2. Create a new family. This will create a new directory in your \Pharaoh\Save folder.
3. Download the zip file above.
4. Unzip them into the new directory.
5. Restart Pharaoh, pick the new family, and then click "Load Game"

This will let you look at my cities (or anybody else's for that mater).

As for your Bazaar walkers, make sure you have a road connection from the interior of the block that connects to the Granary/Storage Yards. This is something that I still occasionally forget to do. I'll place the Bazaar and wait...and wait...and wait...and think "WTF?" Then realize there's no way for the bazaar ladies to get to the granary/storage yards.

posted 01-14-02 14:54 ET (US)     14 / 46  
Afterburner,

I finally got the code edited so you can see what I am talking about. I'm not using a granary due to space limitations though I may have to insert one now.

Thanks!

Basteta
posted 01-14-02 15:24 ET (US)     15 / 46  
Basteta,

I assume you not using granary means using SY for food distrib. - did you open Meidum trade route and set import grain set to 0 and are not stockpiling to get ML to buy from SY? I know, its basic, but happened to me before

posted 01-14-02 15:27 ET (US)     16 / 46  
Basteta:

Here's how the entertainment buildings go.

Here is the basic tail:

First, add a Juggler's Booth:

Juggle platform

Then add a Bandstand:

Juggle platform

Then add a Pavilion:

Juggle platform
Juggle platformDance platform
Music platform

Hope this clears things up with the entertainment venues.

As for Granaries, you need those. Bazaar buyers won't buy food from a Storage Yard unless you're importing food.

[This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 01-14-2002 @ 03:28 PM).]

posted 01-14-02 16:21 ET (US)     17 / 46  
sigh!!

It would be something simple like that...I can't remember if I knew that or not.

posted 01-17-02 03:49 ET (US)     18 / 46  
Afterburner:

Although my recent posts to this site may make me look like an intersection-obsessed nutjob, I am actually a big fan of housing blocks. So, I was following developments in your thread, here, with considerable interest. Then you posted reply 5, and I read it with horrified fascination, and realized shortly thereafter that I needed a change of shorts.
    About halfway through reply 5 you show another variant of the flexiblock with a temple to Ptah in the upper left and you direct our attention to a column of three gardens nearby to the right. In the next figure you replace the gardens with a road-through-roadblock structure and reported that the addition of the road "shorted-out" (which is a term I like, too) the temple, so its priest neglected some housing. So far, my shorts are just fine, thank you.
 Then I hit the bulleted list.  ("Some experimentation reveals the following:")

i.  "Removing the road and roadblock and leaving those tiles blank (i.e. no gardens) short-circuits the path and destabilizes the block." (Sure, why not.)

ii.  "Removing the road and roadblock and replacing it with gardens re-stabilizes the housing." (Aiyaa! I'm a dead man!)

The only difference I see between the two layouts is plus-or-minus gardens. Inescapably, you seemed to have observed a significant difference in walker behavior that varied with the presence or absence of gardens very near to a temple.
    I just spent more hours than I care to admit recording walker paths on four-way intersections of vast, well-isolated straight roads which were marked off using gardens (!!), because my preliminary testing showed (I thought) that gardens were utterly inert, i.e., they had no discernible effect on walker behavior, and now I learn that gardens matter!?
    Even worse, by my count (It's tough to be sure when glyphy gets mangled) it looks like the gardens would be seven squares away from the north square of your temple to Ptah, and I just knackered myself deducing that even a four-way intersection should not be seen by that temple at such a great distance.
    So before I drag myself off to the smallest room in my house for a learning-experience-reinforcing round of self-administered "swirlies", I wonder if I could ask you to take pity on me enough to answer a couple of questions:

1. In reply 5, are you still following your earlier convention of keeping north to the upper left when copying your game geometry to glyphy?

2. Is there any chance that you might have changed locations, lengths, or positions or either roads or road blocks within six squares of the north square of your temple to Ptah at about the same time you were recording the observations (that stop my heart) regarding the gardens' effects on walker behavior?

Many thanks for any additional light you could shed on these matters. Like User Maat says, "Inquiring minds want to know!"

StephAmon

posted 01-17-02 07:36 ET (US)     19 / 46  
StephAmon:

Feel free to heave a sigh of relief.

It seems that my initial report was incorrect in one aspect. In trying to reproduce my results to confirm my statements, I discovered that I couldn't. Leaving the squares in question blank (i.e. no road or garden tiles) restabilizes the block. The behavior of the priest of Ptah is unaffected by the presence or absence of gardens in the squares in question. Which makes me wonder what I did in the initial tests to make me think otherwise...

Oh, and yes, I still followed the "north is to the upper left" convention.

posted 01-17-02 09:06 ET (US)     20 / 46  
Follow-up:

After further experimentation, I have come to the conclusion that, in my initial tests, I had actually (and inadvertently) left one road square covered by the roadblock there in the spaces in question. Dunno how I missed this. I blame sunspots.

I'm not 100% sure that's what happened, but I'm 95% sure.

posted 01-17-02 23:41 ET (US)     21 / 46  
Afterburner:

Thank you! I am much relieved to know that I do not have to go back and exhaustively check for garden effects on all the service walks I reported in a different thread recently..., and to know that I can continue to wash my hair like normal people do for a while longer.

StephAmon

posted 03-11-02 09:20 ET (US)     22 / 46  
This block is very similar to the block that I have used throughout my career, except I just use one entertainment venue in my blocks. I place my pavilion where Afterburner has his bandstand, I remove the short interior road where the pavillion is, and I remove the one block road where the juggler's stage is. This still gives me all the entertainment walkers that I need while limiting my intersections to the 1 in the pavilion. I am not good at glyphs otherwise I would try to demonstrate it, but it works great for me
posted 06-02-04 15:56 ET (US)     23 / 46  
... i really like this flewi-block. but i had to created an account so i could find the legend. (none of the links work) i'm hoping to find one. anyone w/ help... email me! sdtcoool13@yahoo.com

thanks

posted 06-02-04 16:05 ET (US)     24 / 46  
Hi DJ Ste, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven.

Please do not ask the same question multiple times. I'll answer your question elsewhere.

posted 06-02-04 16:39 ET (US)     25 / 46  
um... brugle, where are yu gonna answer it?

lost...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Reinventing the Wheel: The Flexi-Block
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to: