Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Perwadjyt Help!
posted 11-12-02 01:29 ET (US)   
OK, I feel a bit silly posting about this, but I don't see any way out. I am returning to Pharaoh after a long hiatus, so am replaying the early years. Perwadjyt is the third scenario, I think (intro to farming).

The scenario goals include 10 Modest Homesteads. In order to evolve my Ordinary Cottages into Modest Homesteads, I appear to need more entertainment. But my entertainment tab only allows me to build Jugglers (!!)

Help!! Is this a known bug, and is there a patch to fix it?

Replies:
posted 11-12-02 05:15 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Hello dmm77, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven.

There is a known 'limitation' with Perwadjyt. If you are playing with Pharaoh, it cannot be won at Very Hard difficulty due to the inability to meet the entertainment requirement. If you have Cleopatra installed, it cannot be won at Hard.

The solution is to turn the difficulty down (when all other requirements are met) to Hard (Pharaoh) or Normal (Cleopatra), and you will get instant victory.

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"
"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."
Cheers !!
posted 11-15-02 21:39 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks! I did try turning down the difficulty before, so maybe I'll try replaying at a lower difficulty.
posted 11-15-02 22:17 ET (US)     3 / 4  
BTW, I had to turn the difficulty down to Very Easy before winning, although everything else was in order... I have just plain Pharoah, but I have installed the Enhancement Pack. Just wanted to post an update here in case anyone else is having the same trouble.
posted 11-16-02 01:36 ET (US)     4 / 4  
dmm77,
To get modest homesteads using only jugglers with non-Cleopatra Pharaoh, you need at least 1 booth for every 400 people at Hard difficulty, at least 1 booth for every 666 people at Normal or Easy difficulty, or at least 1 booth for every 1000 people at Very Easy difficulty. (To get modest homesteads using only jugglers with Cleopatra, you need at least 1 booth for every 533 people at Normal or Easy difficulty, or at least 1 booth for every 800 people at Very Easy difficulty.)

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 11-16-2002 @ 01:39 AM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Perwadjyt Help!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames