Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Pharaoh Housing and Culture Worksheet
posted 05-10-03 17:35 ET (US)   
Hi Vaia,
I've recently come to Egypt & this is my 1st post here. What i wanted to know if a tax+worker+wages+... worksheet is available for Pharaoh/cleo (Actually I tried ALL the available excel calculators on the dwnld page but NOTHING even comes close . Also, I've been trying to tranlate/extrapolate yr available Emp worksheet for this one but 7-deep nesting is totally beyond me). Can you please make one for this game if you have some time left.

Thanx a ton!!

PS: Djed Djedi,
Your Emp desire calculator seemed to have been an offshoot of a pharaoh worksheet but i can't seem to find it in dwnld section. If it is anything similar to your new one, can you plesae please post a link of the same.

Thanx as always.

Replies:
posted 05-12-03 14:29 ET (US)     1 / 8  
Andyblast,

When I started to develop the PWTWP&C Spreadsheet for Emperor, I never realized how complicated the formulas would become. Without the help of Nero Would, I don’t think that I would ever have been able to complete it. And, Emperor is a simple (straightforward) game compared to Pharaoh.

The major problem that I would have developing a similar spreadsheet for Pharaoh is that I don’t know how to calculate the number of workers that a population will provide. Also, I know that the number of available workers changes with time due to the “aging population”. When I am designing a new city, I typically assume that about 40% of the people living in common housing will be workers and usually end up with a few extra workers if I don’t spend too many years completing the city. I guess that this could be handled by providing a box where the user could enter the percentage of the population living in common housing that works, with 40% being the default value (unless someone has a better idea).

To complicate the formulas for Pharaoh even further is the fact that 1x1 housing consumes more goods per resident than the 2x2 version of the same housing type. There would have to be separate entries for 1x1 houses. Food consumption is reduced if there is a Temple Complex to Bast, or an Altar to Sebek, so there would have to be an option to include them.

One bonus that a PWTWP&C Spreadsheet for Pharaoh could provide is that it could calculate the Prosperity Rating of the city. It could also be set up to provide the entertainment, education, health, and religion requirements of the Culture Rating. If I was feeling particularly masochistic, I could set it up to calculate the additional goods consumed by the culture structures (scribe schools, mortuaries, senet houses, etc.) depending on the presence of an Oracle of Thoth or Altar of Anubis. Then, of course, one would have to consider if Cleopatra was installed.

If I could get Nero Would interested, I might try it. Don’t hold your breath waiting for it. If we did decide to try set one up, with would take a while to get everything worked out. Maybe we could get Brugle to beta test it for us.

As for Djed djedi’s desire calculator for Pharaoh, check out the thread New city designing tool.

Vaia
posted 05-12-03 20:47 ET (US)     2 / 8  
Thanx a ton Vaia,
I am hoping you & Nero patch something up. In the meantime, can you recommend any (?simple) spreadsheet app that allows >7 deep nested functions?
posted 05-13-03 00:06 ET (US)     3 / 8  
I have a spreadsheet that I use for planning purposes, but it was not designed to be used by others (translation: it is very messy and almost impossible to read). I'll get with Vaia and see if we can come up with something that is usable.
posted 05-22-03 23:16 ET (US)     4 / 8  
Vaia has helped me clean up my Excel worksheet to create a "Pharaoh Housing and Culture Worksheet" that is now available in the Misc Downloads section of Pharaoh Heaven.

The worksheet will calculate food and goods consumption by houses and culture buildings, taxes, culture rating and prosperity cap (the maximum prosperity rating based on housing levels).

posted 05-23-03 12:45 ET (US)     5 / 8  
Andyblast,

I have renamed your thread so that it will be easier to locate in the future. I hope you don’t mind.

Use this thread for posting comments and/or questions about the Worksheet.

Vaia

[This message has been edited by VitruviusAIA (edited 03-24-2004 @ 03:03 PM).]

posted 03-24-04 22:39 ET (US)     6 / 8  
Vaia has pointed out a mistake I made in the version of the worksheet that I submitted to the download section. The calculation of the culture rating does not take into account the limits due to education and health buildings, so the culture raing shown in the worksheet will often be higher than it should be.

I have corrected the error and submitted the new version to the download section. It should be available in a couple of days, and will be called "Pharaoh Housing and Culture Worksheet v1.1".

My apologies to those who downloaded the original version.

posted 04-19-04 20:11 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Well it took more than a couple of days (there was a problem with the Misc Downloads section), but the corrected version of the worksheet is now available here.
posted 09-01-06 17:34 ET (US)     8 / 8  
If you need help with the spreadsheet, post your questions in this thread.

Click Here for a larger image.

Vaia
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Pharaoh Housing and Culture Worksheet
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames