posted 08-23-08 06:49 ET (US)   
I am currently designing Rostja, and wanted to have my dock area as follows:

Storage YardStorage Yard
Dock
Fire WardenArchitectStorage Yard
Storage Yard

Legend

(North is diagonally up-left)

(everything written below is to do with the SY in the bottom-left (of the diagram)).

I hoped that a dock CP would go and deliver into the roadblock, although I doubted it. As expected the dock labor seeker appeared on the road to the left (as determined by Brugle in Random walker start and finish points. To check that a docker might 'enter' the SY i imported some limestone from On and watched the dock CP deliver it to the dock. To my surprise (but delight) i saw the dock CP delivered to the SY via the roadblock, rather than the tile along the left-hand side road. This was good, as far as my dock efficiency was concerned.

I was wondering if anybody had an explanation for this. And i felt i should share it for others to use.
Replies:
posted 08-23-08 08:12 ET (US)     1 / 2  
My "Random walker start and finish points" concerns the start and finish road tiles used by random walkers. Dockers are not random walkers. The road tiles used by cart pushers generated by the storage yard, dockers delivering to or getting from the storage yard, cart pushers delivering to the storage yard, cart pushers getting from the storage yard, and stone-pulling teams may all be different from the start and finish tiles used by the storage yard's labor-seeker (although I'd guess that not all of them are different)

If you want to investigate the road tiles used by dockers getting from or delivering to storage yards (or by any of the other users of storage yards, or by any of the other non-random walker users of other buildings), I'd be interested.
posted 08-23-08 09:03 ET (US)     2 / 2  
Brugle, i'll take up your challenge.

I originally assumed that all destination walkers (as that is what i am now concerned with) would 'enter' ('enter' meaning the tile where goods are transferred) at a SY (or any storage building that can have goods delivered/got from it) on the same tile that a random walker was generated on.

I have no clue what the answer could be so may take some time coming up with any goods.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Strange behaviour of Dock CPs delivering to SYs
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames