Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Sun Temple troubles in Waset
posted 09-13-08 16:09 ET (US)   
Hello everyone! I've been playing Pharaoh for YEARS, getting better as I get older..

I get to Waset, get the 220 sandstones, place the temple, import the rest of the stone/wood, and it *completes*, with the message saying the sun temple is complete, it will stand for all time, ect. Supplies stop reaching certain areas of my city, so my ratings take a nosedive and I concern myself on fixing those, checking my overseers suggestions and whatnot, and then finally getting my burial goods out to finish the level. I wait a month, with 300+ people over the required population, my required numbers... nothing?

I check my overseer and notice my monument went from 20 to 18..? So I check my burial provisions, all sent (nothing was stolen either!) and both monuments were built and completed.. until I notice new scaffolding on my Sun Temple, and its at 98% again... o.o??

Help? ; ;

I'm playing Pharaoh + Cleopatra expansion, on WinXP and WinVista (I transfer save files back and forth from my desktop (XP) and my laptop (vista) when I'm home and at class.
Replies:
posted 09-13-08 20:00 ET (US)     1 / 12  
Hi BuggedMei, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven.

It appears that you have encountered the Cleopatra burial goods bug. With Cleopatra version 2.0 (the original Cleopatra), dispatching all burial goods can cause monument corruption. If you do have version 2.0, install the correct language Cleopatra patch (which can be downloaded from Sierra). That should prevent the problem from occurring again but will not fix corruption that has already occurred.

To continue with your Waset, load a saved game from before the last burial provision was dispatched, complete all mission requirements except for burial provisions, wait until the end of the month, then dispatch the last burial provision for immediate victory. (Even when the bug is not an issue, I like to save the game with all mission requirements completed (or about to be completed) except for a bit of burial provisions, so I can load that saved game and have the choice of either winning the mission quickly or playing on for a while.)

If you already have Cleopatra version 2.1, then let us know and we'll try to figure out what's wrong.
posted 09-13-08 20:22 ET (US)     2 / 12  
Hm, I could of sworn I had my game patched.

I'll give a try. I make my saves on big events, like completion of monuments and stuff.

Thanks! ^^
posted 09-14-08 05:25 ET (US)     3 / 12  
From what you say, it should not be the bug, but the advise would be the same, check whether you have version 2.1 and replay from an earlier save.
posted 09-14-08 08:52 ET (US)     4 / 12  
Good morning!

Well, turns out my only save was when my smaller monument had finished up, so I had a few months of playing ahead of me. I updated my vista laptop game and went for it. Now my Sun Temple has been stuck at 98% for the past two years, I deleted/replaced all my stone/woods builders, there is no settlement around the Sun Temple, I moved all my stone into the three storage yards next to my stonemasons, none of them are on "Get" and stone is not being stockpiled. I also have wood waiting in a storage yard.

This time I had a few different saves waiting so I updated my desktop's game(WinXP), and loaded up the file right before my Sun Temple was started, it finished fine, but when I dispatched my burial goods it did the same thing, my Sun Temple went from 100% complete to 98% complete.

> Must.. finish... Pharaoh...
posted 09-14-08 09:58 ET (US)     5 / 12  
I updated my vista laptop game
This is not clear to me. Does it mean that the version was 2.0, you installed the Cleopatra patch, and then the version was 2.1?
when I dispatched my burial goods ... my Sun Temple went from 100% complete to 98% complete
That certainly sounds like the Cleopatra burial goods bug. It may be that any mission started with version 2.0 (or that gets to a certain point with version 2.0) is already messed up and that dispatching the burial goods simply reveals the corruption.

When you dispatched the last of the burial goods in your Waset, were all of the other mission requirements satisfied (and had already been satisfied at the start of the month), as suggested in reply #1? If they weren't, and if you saved the game right before dispatching the last burial good, just continue from that save.
posted 09-14-08 10:37 ET (US)     6 / 12  
Assuming you now indeed have 2.1 on both your machines (you can check if you look under Help > About) if the Sun Temple is the only issue blocking you from victory and you cannot finish from an earlier save, there always is the victory cheat. You will have to forget your place in the hall of fame, but that seems a small price to pay compared to having to replay the full mission.
posted 09-14-08 10:52 ET (US)     7 / 12  
Brugle - Yes. I updated to 2.1... The only save I had was when my small pyramid completed which is what I loaded up.

I'll try again. ^^ Thanks for the advise.

; ; I'm trying not to cheat off a level...but... So close... Pharaoh Meilin must finish o.o

Update?

I thought I had patched my game, the installer says "Cleopatra 2.1 Update has already been successfully installed" but when I check the version under About.. it still displays 2.0. I tried to install it a few times, same message...

[This message has been edited by BuggedMei (edited 09-14-2008 @ 01:14 PM).]

posted 09-14-08 13:53 ET (US)     8 / 12  
Did you use the correct language version? If not you should have obtained an error messagec when applying the patch, but maybe it just messes things up, and does not install. It might be good to check the Technical forum whether others have had the same problem.
posted 09-14-08 14:49 ET (US)     9 / 12  
BuggedMei

I had the same problem too. http://caesar3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/caeforumscgi/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,7204,0,365

This thread gave me the anser.

[This message has been edited by speysider (edited 09-14-2008 @ 02:51 PM).]

posted 09-14-08 15:22 ET (US)     10 / 12  
No speysider, you were trying to use the Cleo patch on Pharaoh. BuggedMei has Cleo (2.0) installed.
posted 09-14-08 15:59 ET (US)     11 / 12  
To the absolute best of my knowledge, this was a North American copy of Pharaoh I received for my 13th birthday, and then Cleopatra for a late Christmas gift a year or two after... I did try to install the EU patch with the same results. >< Oooohhhh that made me feel old.

I posted down on the Technical Forums, thanks for all your help everyone!

Is there a way to avoid falling into this glitch? If I send out burial goods over a few years can I finish Waset? I'm absolutely determined to play though on normal difficulty and then repeat the process for the next step up.
posted 09-14-08 16:17 ET (US)     12 / 12  
Is there a way to avoid falling into this glitch?
Yes. I mentioned it in reply #1 and referred to it in reply #5. Complete all mission requirements except for burial provisions (you can dispatch some of them, but not all), wait until the end of the month, then dispatch the last of the burial provisions.

It has also been reported that dispatching all of the burial provisions before starting any monuments also prevents the bug, but I wouldn't bother trying it since the more common method is easier.

[This message has been edited by Brugle (edited 09-14-2008 @ 04:19 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Sun Temple troubles in Waset
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames