Please login or register

Pharaoh: Game Help
Moderated by VitruviusAIA, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Who Wants Six Monuments?
posted 02-09-00 12:58 ET (US)   
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but this is so neat I had to share it just to be sure. I read that in the
(re-stock the pyramid, forgot the name ) mission, you can delete the pyramid, and rebuild it, even though it was not on the monuments list. This got me thinking, "Could this be done ever time?" I found out that it could be.

Assume you have 3 monuments, a small, medium and large mastaba. You are pleasently building your large mastaba, and having fun kicking around some Libyans What you can do it to delete your mastaba. When the "are you sure you want to delete this" screen comes up, hit "no." Go back to your monuments list and you can place another large mastaba, and it will not impact your medium and small ones.

LIMITATIONS: You can only duplicate each monument once. Example: 2 oblisks, 2 small oblisks, 2 small mastabas. NOT,
6 small oblisks or six mastabas etc (unless you had to build three in the first place.)

You can only duplicate one at a time. Example: You have all three of your pyramids (small, medium, large) done. You do your little "delete,no" process on each on, without placing any of the duplicates before trying to create a duplicate of another. You will not get all three monuments back on your list. Only one at a time.

Also mausoleums, suntemples, and sphinxes(sp?) cannot be on the same map as oblisks because some of their perameters are in the same 555 file. Same with pyramids vs mastabas. You get screwed up-looking stuff and the game can crash. Also no more than one sphinx (duh)

Multiple pyramids or multiple oblisks around a temple complex....I dare not think of such eyecandy!

(sorry if this is old news)

-Local_Yokel

Replies:
posted 02-09-00 14:09 ET (US)     1 / 9  
Can't wait to try it!!
posted 02-10-00 11:29 ET (US)     2 / 9  
Local_Yokel:

This is not meant in any way to be disrespectful, but I personally just cannot picture for the life of me creating multiple monuments. I feel that the momument building phase of Pharaoh is already too tedious and repetive. I mean you can go downstairs watch the tele and come back and still not see any major progress. I dread the thought of the work and time it would take for the extra construction.

Yet, I am sure there are those that would relish the thought of a group of monuments decorating their displays.

Now maybe if you could copy and paste those extra monuments in ......

Regards,
Vriesea

posted 02-10-00 12:40 ET (US)     3 / 9  
hmmm... now people will be racing to see who can build six monuments on rostja the fastest...
posted 02-10-00 13:10 ET (US)     4 / 9  
Not me. BTW you can't do the sphinx twice so you'd have to settle for 5 (sorry, being anal again)
posted 02-10-00 13:14 ET (US)     5 / 9  
Hey look! I'm in the strategy section and on the main page! Sveet!

Vriesea: Trouble with monuments? Usually in a mission I want to get the monuments done first then meet all the cultural and prosperity points, unless you would have to import bricks for a large mudbrick pyramid complex or something. THAT takes forever.

A small 13x4 block (around the inside of course) "slave camp works fine. put in your firehouse, police station, arch, and app in one end with the water supply and physician in there too. Fill up and surround entirely with houses. Each 2x2 accomidates a workcamp. Add a few shrines when the gods get EXTREAMLY furious. Then you can go for the cultural stuff by deleting you "slave camps" and putting in real blocks.

I used this method and did On, Rostja and [the one after that] in a regular work day AND was able to see the World hockey team beat the North American one in the All-Star game

-Local_Yokel

[This message has been edited by Local_Yokel (edited 02-10-2000).]

posted 02-11-00 10:25 ET (US)     6 / 9  
Whoa! I wonder how this undocumented feature(actually I think it was documented on the box; it had 6 monuments or something like that I think) wasn't documented? It's neat! Can't wait to try it. I wonder how monument ratings will climb. Anyone can fill me in on how high the maximum monument rating is when you've finished using this undocumented feature of the game?

------------------
Visit my homepage at members.xoom.com/johnleemk / or visit Pharaoh Heaven at pharaoh.heavengames.com /
[This message has been edited by Pharaoh Johnleemk (edited 1-1-999B.C.).]

posted 02-11-00 11:26 ET (US)     7 / 9  
seneter,
why can't you build the sphinx twice?
posted 02-11-00 17:25 ET (US)     8 / 9  
I didn't notice any change in monument ratings when i did the multiple pyramids in Itjawy (one on each side of the river). Also, you will have to hold back 100 of some burial goods or once the original monuments are completed (and the other requirements met) you will get the Victory screen. Cool "feature" tho. ;-)

------------------

Warning: Some personalities may not be suitable for all viewers.

posted 02-11-00 23:19 ET (US)     9 / 9  
Odysseus, I don't know. Just parroting what Local Yokel said in the opening post.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Game Help » Who Wants Six Monuments?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames