You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Pharaoh: Scenario Design
Moderated by Granite Q, Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Creating A New Scenario...
posted 12-31-11 16:09 ET (US)   
Hi everyone!

Silly question, but how do you create a new scenario? I have searched high and low through my game and no option for any scenario editor appears!
Replies:
posted 12-31-11 18:16 ET (US)     1 / 4  
Hi darloboy, welcome to Pharaoh Heaven.

If you have an original (version 1.0) Pharaoh, you need to install the enhancement pack (to version 1.1 or 1.2) to be able to create scenarios. If your Pharaoh was published by SIERRA, the enhancement pack can be downloaded from the Patches section of our Downloads. If your Pharaoh was published by someone else, the enhancement pack may be on the distribution media or may be obtainable from the publisher.
posted 01-05-12 09:26 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Thanks Brugle. Managed to install the patch and can make very basic maps... Only problem I have now is although I can decide which buildings are allowed, this does not include resource buildings, including food based buildings. Any suggestions? I've tried to contact Sold-Out Software but no response...
posted 01-05-12 09:50 ET (US)     3 / 4  
darloboy; a brief answer:

In the kingdom map, for each city, when you define what food or good the city sells (via edit object), the required buildings are automatically made available.

More detail is available in the Editor Manual, "Section A Kingdom Map", you can find this via the 'Help' tab at the top of the page in any map.

"Can I draw you a beer, Norm?"
"No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one."
Cheers !!
posted 01-05-12 18:38 ET (US)     4 / 4  
darloboy,
Another place to find the same information that Granite Q mentioned is in either of the files "Mission Editor Guide.txt" and "MissionEditorGuide.pdf", which should be in the Pharaoh folder. Read the whole thing, but pay special attention to the 2 paragraphs starting at "Player's City". For example, if you want to grow figs then you'll need to set figs as a resource in your city (and also to have floodplain or meadow on the map).
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Pharaoh: Scenario Design » Creating A New Scenario...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames