You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Is Jupiter the "No God Before me" type?
posted 01-02-07 00:35 ET (US)   
In the game you have choices of which shrine to concentrate on (because it is ever so hard to get the improvements for all of them) but when mousing over the overview of your religion on the Chief Advisor screen, it says "is Jupiter under-worshipped and jealous?" Anyone who an English literature class and had to study mythology knows that Jupiter (or Zeus for the Greeks) was the jealous type, jealous of people, jealous of gods, and easily angered. Does this mean that you need to have equal or better coverage in his Temple with the best or next best God otherwise he will smite you? I’ve played in easy so far, so I don’t know whether it becomes more like that later on, but it does seem that it should (although, since I figured out how to get a decent economy, I’ve tried to always get Jupiter perfectly happy so that I can get more tax income).

(\__/)Gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math
(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951

[This message has been edited by AugustusCurly (edited 01-02-2007 @ 05:20 PM).]

Replies:
posted 01-02-07 03:20 ET (US)     1 / 4  
The simple answer is 'yes'.

But it is more complicated than that. If your citizens don't worship Jupiter you will know it. I quote from the strategy guide:

Quote:

Jupiter has a Wrath Event in addition to his Benevolence Event. If you have at least 750 people in the city and Jupiter is not one of the two most-worshipped gods (or at least tied for that title), he will randomly destroy one building (a Minor Wrath Event) or two buildings, one of which is a shrine or temple to a different go (a major Wrath Event). It's best to ensure that Jupiter is always one of the two most-worshipped gods.

Jupiter will only increase property tax revenue (tax from villas) as long as shrines or temples cover 20 40 or more houses.

[This message has been edited by kach (edited 01-02-2007 @ 09:18 PM).]

posted 01-02-07 13:22 ET (US)     2 / 4  
WOW. I had no idea he smited (smitted? smit? smoted? smooted? whatever) other shrines. I've had my houses destroyed, but shrines is classic Jupiter. Thanks for the info (and by the way, does anyone know the proper conjugation of that little verb for past tense and whichever tense i just tried to use?)

(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951

[This message has been edited by AugustusCurly (edited 01-02-2007 @ 05:22 PM).]

posted 01-02-07 19:13 ET (US)     3 / 4  
WOW. I had no idea he smited (smitted? smit? smoted? smooted? whatever) other shrines. I've had my houses destroyed, but shrines is classic Jupiter. Thanks for the info (and by the way, does anyone know the proper conjugation of that little verb for past tense and whichever tense i just tried to use?)

The correct word is SMOTE (eg Jupiter smote the Ceres temple in a fit of jealousy)

SMITTEN is used as verb with an object (eg he was smitten by her charms)

WendiM (alias Wendoolicus)
Improve your vocabulary... for words are the tools of thought!
posted 01-02-07 19:49 ET (US)     4 / 4  
Thank you, smiting may become a topic again and it's useful to know how to say it.

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » Is Jupiter the "No God Before me" type?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames