Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Trade trouble in Narona
posted 04-26-07 15:06 ET (US)   
I have set up trade routes to Sicilia and Latium. Ships arrive, sell goods but will not buy anything. Double checked that trading limits are correctly set and docks are fully staffed. Has anyone an answer to this problem? Have run this scenario almost a dozen times but cannot generate income. I am getting fed up of seeing Caesar's army coming over the hill!! Please help.

Tony Devon UK

Replies:
posted 04-26-07 15:53 ET (US)     1 / 4  
First of all, welcome to the forums

You mentioned trading limits... at which values did you set them? The trade limit for exporting goods sets the number of loads that are reserved for your city. Traders will only buy anything over that limit.

For example, if you have set the limit to 10, traders won't buy anything if you have only 8 left in warehouses/trade buildings. If you have 12 in warehouses/trade buildings, they will only buy 2.

Angel Pecunia | HG Downloads programmer and techie
Caesar IV Heaven | Children of the Nile Heaven | Citadel of Poseidon (Zeus/Poseidon) | The Great Wall (Emperor)
posted 04-27-07 09:36 ET (US)     2 / 4  
Many thanks to Angel Pecunia for his suggestion. I had set the trade limits wrongly but also realise that the trade limits do not work properly until you reach the Narona scenario.
Once set as you describe, trade began to flow and cash grew in abundance. One attempt with the new settings earned a promotion to Condate Riedonum. Once again, many thanks.

Tony Devon UK

posted 04-27-07 10:28 ET (US)     3 / 4  
Glad you got it working

One correction though: I'm a her, not a his

posted 01-09-13 13:07 ET (US)     4 / 4  
I`m so sorry, this was a mistake.

[This message has been edited by Redix (edited 01-09-2013 @ 01:09 PM).]

Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » Trade trouble in Narona
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames