Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: Out of Favour in Carthago
posted 05-08-07 07:39 ET (US)   
In most scenarios you gain favour points by supplying Rome with demands and requests. In the Carthago scenario this is not happening. Points are being deducted annually but the only way to increase favour is to send gifts which are in short supply. I have run for over twenty years, exceeding all the requirements except favour which is around 30.
What is the answer?
Note for Angel Pecunia; sorry about the sex change!!
Replies:
posted 05-08-07 08:29 ET (US)     1 / 5  
Demands and Requests affect your favour differently. Demands do not affect your rating if you meet them, but decrease favour if you don't. Requests, on the other hand, do not affect your rating if you do not meet them, but increase your favour if you do.

It's been a while since I played Carthago, but it sounds like there are a number of demands and not many requests. The pressure is on. Good luck.
posted 05-08-07 17:54 ET (US)     2 / 5  
I'm sorry Tony, Caesarius is right. There are no requests in Carthago, only demands. So the only way to increase favour is through gifts. Only nine gifts are available and once you have used them up, favour will not go any higher.

Check out the favour article here, and maybe the walkthrough here, before you start again.
posted 05-10-07 10:22 ET (US)     3 / 5  
My thanks to Caesarius and Kach for your help. I played the scenario again and won. Now for Viminacium!!
Tony Devon UK
posted 12-22-07 02:43 ET (US)     4 / 5  
Wow. I was stuck on Carthago forEVER. I must have restarted it 5 or 6 times. This post really really helped!

I've been poking around the site a bit and it makes me realize that every scenario I've won so far has been pure dumb luck.

Time to REALLY have some fun...now that I have a whole new bag of tricks!
posted 12-22-07 02:58 ET (US)     5 / 5  
Welcome to the forums, jldicarlo.

Have fun.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » Out of Favour in Carthago
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames