Please login or register

Caesar IV: Game Help
Moderated by Gweilo

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: fires
posted 04-26-09 05:28 ET (US)   
I am playing the final economic mission in Africa and my city is fairly large and spread out. City in middle and farmland in both north and south. I have one prefect and one engineer building in each section but fires continually break out. Are there ways to prevent this and/or any tips on how to solve the problem?
Replies:
posted 04-26-09 06:01 ET (US)     1 / 8  
Welcome to the forums briancfranks.

There has been a lot of discussion about fires. Type fire in the forum search box and you will see what I mean.

The most important thing seems to be, don't run the game on fast speed, especially in desert scenarios.
posted 04-26-09 07:29 ET (US)     2 / 8  
Kach thanks! I am running it in normal speed mode and all my buildings are at 100% employment. I have read the forums and some say add more prefects and others say the more you add the worse they become (like they don't know where to go, etc). Any more ideas?
posted 04-26-09 17:28 ET (US)     3 / 8  
Which scenario are you playing? Carthago? How many prefects do you have? I don't think three will be enough.

I had seven prefects in Carthago (playing on normal difficulty).
posted 04-26-09 18:22 ET (US)     4 / 8  
yea..I am plaing Carthago. I have added more prefects and engineers and the fire issue has stopped almost all together. I have a dozen spread throughout my land. Thanks!
posted 04-26-09 19:16 ET (US)     5 / 8  
Ahh, that should fix it.
posted 06-02-09 05:07 ET (US)     6 / 8  
Hello, I've seen this post and I've think i have a way to prevent them, I'm talking, of course, about the fire cheat, but it doesn't seem to work in my game, ¿which is the way to trigger it? I'll be mostly grateful to the one who helps me to extinguish all fires, because I have 2 cities, Cyrene and Djedu, and they are always engulfed by the fire
posted 06-02-09 18:32 ET (US)     7 / 8  
Welcome Augustus_Maximus.

The fire cheat won't put out the fires, but it will stop new ones happening. It is case sensitive, so needs to be typed as Fire disabled.

Have you tried the other suggestions for controlling fires? I always set the labour priorities for prefects/engineers to 'highest', so even if there is a labour shortage, the fires will be extinguished.
posted 06-03-09 16:51 ET (US)     8 / 8  
Hi Briancfranks; welcome to the forum.
I have found by trial and error that roughly 1 prefect for every 500 citizens keeps fires to a minimum in housing areas with an engineer for every 1000 citizens. I also place prefects and engineers in farming and industrial areas. In some scenarios, prefects can be used in multiples to fight off invaders if you are short of troops, especially in remote farming areas near invasion points.
I am still learning after three complete cycles of Caesar IV.
Caesar IV Heaven » Forums » Caesar IV: Game Help » fires
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Caesar IV Heaven | HeavenGames